Has the UFC's top 10 p4p ever been more dull?

So, Connor has no personality? Ronda doesnt look like a fghting GOD? Aint MM absolutely dominant or TJ's style freaking crazy? What about Lawler not being a Warrior???
By the way, aint Aldo still in the p4p list??

I mean anyone who fights in the UFC is a 'monster' I guess. I'm just talking about the type of guy that, for a moment in time, seems like a scary mofo. Lesnar had that. He was huge and arrogant and fast and brutal. Same with Wandy. Before a Wandy fight you'd get that shiver down your spine before he walked out. Name on of the top ten that does that now?

We should let Derrick Lewis and Ruan Potts get 3 fights at Legacy, so they can seem like a scary MOFO.

All divisons imrpove, therefore we now have a scary Mighty Mouse sending shivers down are spine :).

df2f991f2150dbaa14bc3a4074f9d287.jpg

Nailed it

lol at ando

and about your thread... mmmm

lets be honest, Conor McGregor gonna be up there soon, so exciting

TJ Dillashaw is amazing to watch

Weidman is pretty exciting to me

Ronda is the mainstream superstar MMA never got in the history of the sport

you have to wait for those champions to develop a bit more, Ando need Chael Sonnen to become a draw for example, and that was late in his career

I miss Penn-Anderson-Machida days too but I love todays champs. The Interim champs however suck ass.

But I can understand TS point, some of the most charismatic champions of the sport are now out

ando. almost as asshole-ish has shortening definitely to "defo"

1 Jose Aldo
2 Chris Weidman
3 Demetrious Johnson
4 Ronda Rousey
5 TJ Dillashaw
6 Fabricio Werdum
7 Robbie Lawler
8 Rafael dos Anjos
9 Daniel Cormier
10 Cain Velasquez

Honestly I couldn't give a shit about any of those fighters. Apart from, at a push Cormier. Lawler is fun to watch too, but I don't really look at him like a fighting God or anything. I miss Jones, Ando, Lesnar, Penn, Diaz, Sonnen, GSP, Liddell etc. The best fighters now have no personality, and they seem like standard fighters. GSP was a poster boy, Ando was capable of doing things you couldn't imagine, Penn and Diaz were warriors, Brock was a monster. I don't know, the roster now just seems bland. Full of has-beens and boring new boys who can wrestle.

Ando, I like it, can I use that never?

I mean anyone who fights in the UFC is a 'monster' I guess. I'm just talking about the type of guy that, for a moment in time, seems like a scary mofo. Lesnar had that. He was huge and arrogant and fast and brutal. Same with Wandy. Before a Wandy fight you'd get that shiver down your spine before he walked out. Name on of the top ten that does that now?

Demetrious Johnson. I mean, I saw some young kids shit themselves during his entrance.

Never been more nonsensical. Remove any heavyweight and any woman from the list. Then you can start with a women's p4p with R3 at #1.

Even though TS made himself sound like a n00b with the "monster" and "poster boy" talk--I get what he's saying.
The guys right now haven't really built up the auras that AS, Brock, or GSP had.
But that's mostly because a lot of them are either new champs, or are vets that have reinvented themselves--so they dont have that same invincible aura that some of the past greats have had.
It'll take time

One of these things is not like the others.

I didn't hate Brock, but I wasnt a fan of his either, so I get where you're going..but, to what the TS is talking about..there were a lot of people that wanted to watch Brock fight . Even after he got tapped and beat down, people still wanted to see what the "monster" could do.
I like watching most of the current champs fight, but most of them don't have the same drawing power as previous champs.
They're all skilled champs, but many lack personality, physicality, and 'flashiness'.

I'm a fight fan, so first and foremost, all i care about is a good match--but I can't deny that I miss some of the flash.

1 Jose Aldo
2 Chris Weidman
3 Demetrious Johnson
4 Ronda Rousey
5 TJ Dillashaw
6 Fabricio Werdum
7 Robbie Lawler
8 Rafael dos Anjos
9 Daniel Cormier
10 Cain Velasquez

I realize you are making a statement about the lack of strong personalities on the list, but they have a combined finishing rate at 70% and I'd hardly call that dull.

If someone refers to Anderson Silva as "Ando" I must disregard any and everything else that that person says.

Back