Has Ronda shot for any kind of takedown other than a head and arm hip toss?

Beejay Pin

Green porridge
Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember the different types of takedowns she has done as an elite grappler. I can only remember her getting in close, grabbing a kind of head choke and trying for the takedown.

PVZ also only utilizes this technique. As elite fighters at the top of their division, I just want to see other types of takedowns they have done, any gifs are welcome.

Thanks

According to Schaub she has bad knees so that's pretty much the only way she can take someone down. We won't be seeing any double legs from her.

I think it's been a "if it aint broke don't fix it" situation so far
c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

It broke tho

Her grappling seems to consist of only Judo.

According to Schaub she has bad knees so that's pretty much the only way she can take someone down. We won't be seeing any double legs from her.
Interesting i wonder why her knees are bad?

Judokas don't shoot for takedowns like wrestlers do.

Nope and hasn't needed too. She still has Edmond in her corner so she is working on "boxing" and not wrestling which would be the key to victory. So we will not see a double leg anytime in the future.

She hasnt needed to,up until holm where she desperatley needed to have that,or something else other than haymakers, in her arsenal. Even if she couldnt get it,it at least gave her something to fake with to get closer.

Bad memory TS, check up how she took down Julia Budd, Sara Kaufman and Tate 1 and 2, among others...

I'm trying to remember the different types of takedowns she has done as an elite grappler. I can only remember her getting in close, grabbing a kind of head choke and trying for the takedown.

PVZ also only utilizes this technique. As elite fighters at the top of their division, I just want to see other types of takedowns they have done, any gifs are welcome.

Thanks
She might be an elite judoka, but she is not an elite grappler. She is a martial artist, but not much of a mixed martial artist.

Interesting i wonder why her knees are bad?

Judo. It's pretty bad for knees since you often land in wonky positions and/or get your legs caught funny when you go down. There's also time when you get spun around on your planted leg which just tears the crap out of the cartilage and can also blow ligaments. Most people who've done Judo long enough have badly sprained or blown out their knees at some point, usually several times. Knee sprains were why I gave up Judo in my youth, limping around more often than not really sucked.

You'd think she would shoot more just to initiate a scramble. She seems to excel there, regardless of who she is fighting. Holly slowed the fight down on the ground and defended long enough to survive. No out-of-control scramble really occurred. I know very little of Judo or the health of Rhonda's knees, but you'd think she would at least add some trips/arm drags to her arsenal. Explosive double legs aren't the be all end all. A lot of work can be done with an over/under hook.

Knee tapped Miesha Tate

Uchimata'd Miesha Tate

Well here, just watch this.

I've seen her attempt a few double-legs on Gegard what they were sparring. Otherwise, no.

A lot of you guys really have no clue what you're watching, do you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back