Has Rogan gotten worse or

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Were we just blissfully unaware of his stupidity for years because Goldie was around to make him come off as a goddamn genius?

Discuss

I personally think a little of both, plus the infrequency of his commentating gigs in recent years and more actual fighters in the booth have made his takes seem way shittier and less informed

Before goldie was commenting for casuals now him

I think he used to be good. Goldie just spout out nonsense. Rogan's a bad commentator now. Not just this card. It's not just the bias, but he's off on what's going on.

Rogan was fucking awful tonight hahaha. In the main event he seemed to think that Jan 'biting on feints' would win izzy the first two rounds without question when he was getting numerically out struck on significant strikes.

Also how he was being a cold dick to Rakic for not swanging and banging with thiago fucking santos

I don't think Joe really does his homework on the fighters like the other commentators do even though he only does non-international PPVs now, which is like around half a dozen in a year?
He hasn't evolved with the ever changing sport in terms of rules, regulations, and common practice and he continues to talk about false and outdated narratives. At least whenever he is around, there is a third person in the booth with him like DC or Cruz who actually does research on the fighters so Rogan can piggy back off of what they say.

He seems to be out of touch and seems like the obnoxious bro at the party watching the fight just shouting stuff when anything happens.

his podcast has kinda gone south along with his commentary too, dude just says dumb shit like its fact and moves on. Think the growth of his podcast just made his already huge ego way too big haha

Commentators are often biased to bigger stars as this will be believed by casuals and increase the stars popularity. He did always get too excited and was pretty biased in other fights too eg. reyes-jones, aldo-yan. He seemed good sometimes, but u may be right about more biased commentators making him look good

I think most are tired of Rogans shtick. His commentary is really terrible and last night was a perfect example.

I think he has remained the same, he was just around a moron like Goldberg that made him look smart. Now the UFC has brought in fighters on board he looks out of place. He still knows his stuff but can away with much less. It helps he’s a celebrity with a giant following and being friends with Dana has saved his job or else he should and would have been cut long ago.

Think he's the same.

If he's sure who he likes more, you can usually tell yourself with his unbalanced praise, and it can get annoying.

And his style of clinging to one aspect of a fight from beginning to end has always been there.

I used to love Rogan but I have to admit that he's not good anymore.

I think he just got old and with that doesnt give anywhere near as much of a shit about MMA as he used to.

Back