Has Rogan gotten worse or

I always liked him as a commentator but since the last 2 PPV's I wish they let him stay at home. Through out the other events it become obvious they have such more better commentating teams that it's now pretty annoying to hear Rogan suck on a fighters balls the whole fight.

I think Joe is too rich to put much effort into commentary anymore. Saying that Jan was a middleweight and other inaccuracies could have been avoided had he attended the fighter media call that the commentary team does with every fighter before. Joe couldn’t be bothered to do a Zoom meeting... I love Rogan and his commentary but not sure why he doesn’t just step away from it and just do fight companions instead of phoning it in with the UFC.

Were we just blissfully unaware of his stupidity for years because Goldie was around to make him come off as a goddamn genius?

Discuss

I personally think a little of both, plus the infrequency of his commentating gigs in recent years and more actual fighters in the booth have made his takes seem way shittier and less informed

I think he just talks too much. It’s like working out non-stop and never giving your body time to recover. He just needs to shut the fuck up for awhile and take a rest from barfing up opinions all day every day. Maybe read a book or something as a detox.

Commission should issue a six month suspension after last night: “Sterling, 90 days no contact, concussion; Adesanya, 10 days no contact, precautionary; Rogan, 6 months no public speaking, diarrhea of the mouth.”

His podcast is going downhill too. He started changing around the move to Texas.
What? Joe has been a proffessional fence sitter for couple of years now, the more popular he got the more fake he got, plus tonight's commentary showed how much of a hypocrite he is. He always mocks people for being biased in viewing their points and yet he did exactly that tonight.

Being 100% objetive is not really his job

He is there to hype the stars too, and make the narrative of the fight more entertaining imo

We already had more serious knowledgeable narrators (before that Joe was the only one, so he was more impartial I think), he is in part a color commentator now, Cruz and Cormier can be more down to earth, nothing bad with it

I like Joe a lot because I think even if he wants to say something UFC would dislike, he is big enough to just say it. The rest are more company man.

his podcast has kinda gone south along with his commentary too, dude just says dumb shit like its fact and moves on. Think the growth of his podcast just made his already huge ego way too big haha

Agree. It takes time and effort to learn about things. It would be very difficult to educate yourself enough on a sufficiently wide range of topics to be able to contribute meaningfully to all those three-hour conversations that he does. Instead he just toggles between agreeing with guests and playing devils advocate with guests, in both cases relying on whatever other guests have told him recently.

His show is good because he found a great format and was a friendly, curious guy whose nice mix of interests and first-mover advantage allowed him to attract and retain a diverse audience. But IMO he’s not really an asset personally anymore. If you could run the exact same show with the exact same guests but bring in a new, hungrier host (or group of hosts) I think it would be much better.

Yes, I've noticed a decline over the past 1-2 years. He isn't as sharp. Doesn't see small things that he used to see that are determining the fight; doesn't accurately catch stuff the rest of us don't notice, anymore. He's also wrong about stuff more often, or out of touch with the fight, and letting his personal bias about the fighters color what he's seeing. He's always had a few favorite fighters that compromise him, but now it seems to be more a rule than an exception, especially with the main card.

Definitely slipping. Last night was the worst card-calling from him I can recall.

Nailed it imo.

He has definitely had one sided commentary and bias in the past but that was by far the worst commentary job I think I've seen. You have info graphics and Anik saying Jan is up in strikes as Joe continues to say Jan is being out struck but still has a punchers chance. Then he botches the interview with him and continues to say Izzy out struck Jan during the wrap up overview with Jon and Daniel.

Shameful performance. I hope he looks at the stats and rewatches that fight. Most of Izzy's strikes were checked leg kicks that didn't have a meaningful effect on the fight. How he couldn't see the disparity in head/body strikes is beyond me. Jan landed more strikes in every single round. Joe really should be ashamed of that performance.

He was struggling to pull his head out nunes arse too..
The guy was just painfull.DC was no better but hes alwys been shit

Were we just blissfully unaware of his stupidity for years because Goldie was around to make him come off as a goddamn genius?

Discuss

I personally think a little of both, plus the infrequency of his commentating gigs in recent years and more actual fighters in the booth have made his takes seem way shittier and less informed

Are you new to MMA? Rogan has gotten shit for almost two decades. He's a bro's commentary

Goldie was the Yin to his Yang and he didn’t even know it.

Now I blame Cruz less for barely being able to restrain his disdain whenever Joe speaks.

Hearing Cruz big brother and correct Joe on commentary is the best part of Joe Rogan's commentary. Lol.

Its passed him by. He is still a pro. Still speaks well and is relatively informed, but he is consistently wrong on who is winning the fight or landing. His commentary would have had you believing that Jan was down the the whole fight or Cruz was losing.

He has gotten worse. He sees more imaginary strikes land now compared to 15 years ago. His brain is totally addled at this point. He also lets his biases get more out of control than ever; compare the way he spoke about Randy while he was fighting compared to how he spoke about Ronda and Adesanya last night. But Joe Rogan is a big name so the UFC will keep him around as long as he's willing. Remember when he said he was going to leave the UFC? If only he did.

He's turned into a wooooing and ooooohing babbling moron.

He had a bad night that's for sure. I'm not saying he should be let go for that tho

Discuss

good question,I think when you first get into mma he is great,he explains everything.then you watch it for a while,then you out grow him,eventually he becomes annoying

I think he's gotten a lot worse since he cut back the number of events he does. Him asking Jan what it was like to come up from MW was just cringe, as is him saying "the fight is over, the fight is over" every time someone gets dropped. How about you shut up and wait to see what happens?
exactly this or "hes gunna break his arm" or "woah"everytime someone lands a punch

his podcast has kinda gone south along with his commentary too, dude just says dumb shit like its fact and moves on. Think the growth of his podcast just made his already huge ego way too big haha
Would rather beat my dick with a hammer than listen to anything Rogan has to say

Discuss

I think he's gotten worse.
Commentary in general has been very bad this year specifically.
It's like they all want to do a fight companion vs commentary.

Also Joe and DC were incredibly biased towards Adesanya and Aljo for some reason.
It was truly embarassing.

I think he just talks too much. It’s like working out non-stop and never giving your body time to recover. He just needs to shut the fuck up for awhile and take a rest from barfing up opinions all day every day. Maybe read a book or something as a detox.

Commission should issue a six month suspension after last night: “Sterling, 90 days no contact, concussion; Adesanya, 10 days no contact, precautionary; Rogan, 6 months no public speaking, diarrhea of the mouth.”
lol *like*

Rogan is fucking horrible. He's a hyperbolic shill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back