Has Nate ever got soundly beaten on the feet?

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Only fight I can even think of is Josh Thompson...Other fights were because of the takedown...

Conor is not going to take Nate down if he's smart and I honestly think people are forgetting how good Nate is...I can't believe how many people are writing him off....

The reach and volume Nate puts out while being a great boxer does not make this a cakewalk for Conor not to mention Nate does not get hit clean very often he does not leap in.

He really hasn't been beaten on the feet outside those with a TD threat. He's about to lose on the feet though. With no preparation it could end up being a one million dollar massacre.

The Thomson fight was actually pretty competitive. Nate just refused to block the head kicks and paid the price.

I seem to remember RDA landing a couple of leg kicks

Melvin Guillard if my memory serves right. I think he was easily beating Nate but for some odd reason went for a takedown and got submitted

My biggest concern in this one ( due to lack of training / sparring ) is Nate's timing and reflexes. Hopefully he doesn't come out flat, whiffing shots.

I think if memory serves correct melvin was beating him before shooting for the takedown, I could be mistaken though

The more I think about this fight, the more I can see this match-up backfiring for the UFC.

I just saw Nate vs Gomi, and is awesome the way Nate controls distance and feels fluid when he doesn't have the takedown threat.

Conor said he is going tp knocks Nate out with an uppercut? I want to see him getting in upercut distance against the boxer with reach advantage over him.

I expect takedowns attempts from Conor, like he did against Holloway

Nate is good standing up, but I don't see Mcgregor being damaged by Nate's punches, no matter how many.
And the Diaz Brothers' tendency of not blocking strikes and Conor's left hand power I don't see this passing round 1.
Hope I'm wrong, it can be one hell of a fight. And a major heartbreak in sherdog if Nate is the winner.

Melvin Guillard if my memory serves right. I think he was easily beating Nate but for some odd reason went for a takedown and got submitted

Nate outstruck Melvin but Melvin did flash knock him down like 5 seconds into the fight, he was fine immediately though.

Benson Henderson outstruck Nate on the feet, mostly because Nate had one eye and couldn't see, his words.

The more I think about this fight, the more I can see this match-up backfiring for the UFC.

I just saw Nate vs Gomi, and is awesome the way Nate controls distance and feels fluid when he doesn't have the takedown threat.

Conor said he is going tp knocks Nate out with an uppercut? I want to see him getting in upercut distance against the boxer with reach advantage over him.

I expect takedowns attempts from Conor, like he did against Holloway

I'm not trying to be an apologist for Nate, but purely as a fight fan, this fight would be very interesting to me if Nate had a full camp. I think he could come up with a solid game plan that would give Conor a lot of difficulties.

IIRC, wasn't Henderson throwing and landing a lot of leg kicks cause Nate wasn't checking any of them?

Nate hasn't been soundly beat on the feet. The main reason for this is his bjj. Josh Thompson had a unique advantage in having a superfight grappling match with Nate back in the day and held his own (Josh still lost). This made his 'peek a boo' setup to the round house kick possible. Conor doesnt have this advantage but not sure Nates dirrty boxing/clinch is good enough to keep Conor in front of him long enough

Only fight I can even think of is Josh Thompson...Other fights were because of the takedown...

Conor is not going to take Nate down if he's smart and I honestly think people are forgetting how good Nate is...I can't believe how many people are writing him off....

The reach and volume Nate puts out while being a great boxer does not make this a cakewalk for Conor not to mention Nate does not get hit clean very often he does not leap in.

Agree completely. Except I think the Thompson ko was partly due to the takedown threat Thompson posed. His bread and butter is wrestling. He's just a pretty badass striker on top of that.

Thomson for sure. Nate is dangerous everywhere. Tied for 2nd in UFC history for most sub wins with 8. Conor has better striking than anyone NAte has faced IMO, as far as footwork, creativity, timing and power. Conor is a beast. I'm excited to see how he'll make up for the size disadvantage.

Yeah, it wasn't an asswhooping. Josh just fought a smart fight.

He did, he got Nate to relax and caught him with that huge head kick which Nate also leaned into. Conor's kicks actually worry me more than his hands in this fight tbh.

Back