Has Michael Bisping reached his full potential?

he has surpassed his potential. he has somehow stayed relavant and kept at the top of a division that if the stars hadnt aligned just right he would never be where he is. just a matter of time till he starts stacking up losses if the ufc doesnt decide to keep him safe with fights like jorge rivera. guy has speed and a gas tank otherwise ?

he has surpassed his potential. he has somehow stayed relavant and kept at the top of a division that if the stars hadnt aligned just right he would never be where he is. just a matter of time till he starts stacking up losses if the ufc doesnt decide to keep him safe with fights like jorge rivera. guy has speed and a gas tank otherwise ?

Some of the best TDD in the UFC, and precise strikes. No one has sprawled like he did against sonnen. Plus he can talk smack!

Bisping is solid

He's just had some bad luck

I think the haterz will shut up when he fights Anderson

If Vitor comes out like he did against JJ he wins everytime. I think he's looking pas VB and thats a big mistake.

I think Bisping is still improving and growing as a fighter. Evidence is in his improving wrestling and clinch game.

Let's hope Bisping gets to fight Anderson Silva and beats him!

If Vitor comes out like he did against JJ he wins everytime. I think he's looking pas VB and thats a big mistake.
I don't think Bisping is looking past Vitor...sadly it's more likely the other way around. I do however agree that if the same Vitor comes out as the one who did against JJ, Bisping will be taking a nap. People quickly forget that Vitor made it into round 4 before getting finished. He will obviously be most dangerous in round 1 but it's not like he is going to lose his power and speed advantage as soon as the second round starts

Why? Do you not understand how gyms work? There's a scale Bisping has to weigh between overall caliber of the gym's rosters vs. personal attention.

He'd be better if he trained with better guys.

I respect your opinion but completely disagree. Bisping can only get so far on his own. Better training partners/sparring partners will only make him improve. As we have seen from many other fighters (BJ, Tito, Rampage etc.) it doesn't help a fighters career when they are the main guy. Very few fighters have the capability to be the main guy and improve their camp and the fighters around them. GSP is probably the best example of that, but I just don't think Bisping is at that level in more ways than one

Couldn't have said it better myself...fighters tend to have a "ceiling" of sorts...the only way to get there or surpass it is to always have quality training partners I.e. some guys faster than you, stronger, different skillsets, etc.

But Mike is the main focus at his gym, at a big camp like Jacksons he wouldn't get that. For elite fighters at the stage of their careers like Bisping is at now they need to be the main focus.

i basically feel exactly the opposite - specific training is of course important, but you should get even more if you are surrounded by heavy talent - for that to happen, you cant be the focus, you have to have a group mentality where you teach each other and also get coached

i think thats actually the key to being great - being around other great people and also being motivated

there is a reason camps like black house, AKA, miletich etc. had so many great talents - they made each other better

when guys like hughes or shogun go to train on their own, they dont train as hard - not saying that bisping doesnt train hard, but the more he can be surrounded by other elite ufc caliber fighters, helping each other get better, the better he'll get

I think he lacks natural talent. He really isn't great at anything. I don't think he will ever be an elite fighter regardless of what camp he trains at.

Great mma boxing, awesome scrambles and good tdd, lots of heart will fight anyone anytime, good sub defence, improving takedowns and he is physically very strong. Apart from that and the amazing cardio and speed he has nothing.

Yeah he always his protected and fights guys like rivera (mike didn't want that fight as he felt it was a step down jorge campaigned for it) even though mikes last 4 fights he has signed for are belfort, stann, sonnen and maia.

Yeha and there's fuck all wrong with that. The man's a damned good fighter no matter what you think of his personality. He beats 80% of the middleweight division on his night, no shame AT ALL in not being able to beat the genuine top contenders. Many a fighter has made a successful career without being able to do that.....if he stopped running his gums so much, nobody would have a problem.

He's probably peaked in terms of sledging.

He's technically sound & seems to be improving incrementally but there's still a huge gap between his & Silva's skill levels. I think he'll make slight improvements to his game but don't see him becoming an elite fighter... so yes, maybe he has peaked.

Deffinately he is one of the most evolved fighters look at the evolution of his skillset from the fight with Hendo to his fight with stann I really wish he would utilize his GnP as IMO it is his best chance at getting finishes.

But his obsession with keeping a fight standing sometimes gets in the way. The fact he went to his wrestling vs stann showed a massive leap in his fighting IQ and his willingness to switch game plans.

If he got himself into Tristar, Blackhouse or Blackzilians he could be a lot better

"Full Potential Bisping" is just born, good job TS

Back