Has Michael Bisping reached his full potential?

DeadtoMyself**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know people have talked about Penn and Rampage not reaching their full potential because of their camps, but have you ever thought about Michael Bisping? I think he still trains at Wolfslair, which not one of the top camps in the world. If he were to move to an elite camp like AKA would he become much better or is this the best Bisping can possibly be? Btw I think Bisping is top 3.

Doesn't train with Wolfslair anymore. At HBUTC with Tiki, Jason Parillo and Brady Fink. Good camp, he's looked much improved with them in his last 2 fights.

Doesn't train with Wolfslair anymore. At HBUTC with Tiki, Jason Parillo and Brady Fink. Good camp, he's looked much improved with then in his last 2 fights.

Good camp but not elite. Jackson, AKA, etc. those camps will bring out the most in a fighter.

No - - his new found Wrestling / / TDD is improving with each fight. Add in his top notch cardio and solid boxing Bisping can get even better.

Good camp but not elite. Jackson, AKA, etc. those camps will bring out the most in a fighter.

But Mike is the main focus at his gym, at a big camp like Jacksons he wouldn't get that. For elite fighters at the stage of their careers like Bisping is at now they need to be the main focus.

Mike likes to be the big man

I can't see him waiting in line behind GSP, Stann, Cerrone, Jones and Condit at Jacksons

i'm more impressed with him today than i was a few years ago. yes, i think he's been getting better with time.

i think Weidman and Belcher both beat him, and of course Silva is no contest, but i suppose we'll have to wait and see.

i'm more impressed with him today than i was a few years ago. yes, i think he's been getting better with time.

i think Weidman and Belcher both beat him, and of course Silva is no contest, but i suppose we'll have to wait and see.

IMO he wrecks Boetsch, Mike is too fast and won't get taken down. Still don't rate Boetsch, Okami schooled him for 2 rounds and I personally had Lombard winning. Agree on Silva it would be a massacre, the Weidman fight is really close, would love to see it next year.

IMO he wrecks Boetsch, Mike is too fast and won't get taken down. Still don't rate Boetsch, Okami schooled him for 2 rounds and I personally had Lombard winning. Agree on Silva it would be a massacre, the Weidman fight is really close, would love to see it next year.

i think he UD's Boetch, doubt he wrecks him. though we may have different definitions of the word....

i think he'll beat Vitor as well.

i think he UD's Boetch, doubt he wrecks him. though we may have different definitions of the word....

i think he'll beat Vitor as well.

Can see Vitor ko, but I reckon Vitor gasses. He looked huge v Jones and that weight cut back to 185 could drain him significantly. Bisping gotta survive that first round.

Can see Vitor ko, but I reckon Vitor gasses. He looked huge v Jones and that weight cut back to 185 could drain him significantly. Bisping gotta survive that first round.

Yeah Bisping needs to weather the storm, maybe if he can get Vitor down and grapple with him for long enough without getting subbed he can tire that explosiveness out of vitor's hands.

And thats dumb as hell
Why? Do you not understand how gyms work? There's a scale Bisping has to weigh between overall caliber of the gym's rosters vs. personal attention.

the main problem with bisping is that he lacks KO power, but he keeps improving so who knows how he'll perform against vitor

But Mike is the main focus at his gym, at a big camp like Jacksons he wouldn't get that. For elite fighters at the stage of their careers like Bisping is at now they need to be the main focus.
I respect your opinion but completely disagree. Bisping can only get so far on his own. Better training partners/sparring partners will only make him improve. As we have seen from many other fighters (BJ, Tito, Rampage etc.) it doesn't help a fighters career when they are the main guy. Very few fighters have the capability to be the main guy and improve their camp and the fighters around them. GSP is probably the best example of that, but I just don't think Bisping is at that level in more ways than one

If anything, Bisping is an overachiever; lacks ko power and doesnt have a background in grappling and has managed to stay relevant in the division for 5yrs. BTW, Bisping's wrestling is underrated. Just sayin.

I respect your opinion but completely disagree. Bisping can only get so far on his own. Better training partners/sparring partners will only make him improve. As we have seen from many other fighters (BJ, Tito, Rampage etc.) it doesn't help a fighters career when they are the main guy. Very few fighters have the capability to be
the main guy and improve their camp and the fighters around
them. GSP is probably the best
example of that, but I just don't
think Bisping is at that level in
more ways than one

I see what you are saying but Bisping has an incredible work ethic, and unlike BJ and Rampage hasn't tasted gold yet. Mike was legendary over here in the UK for his conditioning and intensity in the gym. I think he's in the perfect place right now to maximise his potential.

If anything, Bisping is an overachiever; lacks ko power and doesnt have a background in grappling and has managed to stay relevant in the division for 5yrs. BTW, Bisping's wrestling is underrated. Just sayin.

Couldnt agree more. Wish I could see him and Anderson now. Just to shut him up.

Don't think he's as good as he can be. Apparently his new camp is working well, and that's great. I'm a true believer in having guys that can push you in training with competitive sparring and grappling. Does Bisping have that? I hope so. He can definitely get better, and as a fan, I hope he does.

Back