Has Kevin Iole become the Robbie Lawler of MMA reporters?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
Flew under the radar and was mostly ignored in the past, now Iole has become a pretty big deal. He's had more impact on the sport than any other reporters recently. He deserves credit for calling fighters out on PEDs abuse and questioning the UFC and athletic commissions.

Wouldn't say he flew under the radar considering Dana shit canned publicly for years.

Flew under the radar and was mostly ignored in the past, now Iole has become a pretty big deal. He's had more impact on the sport than any other reporters recently. He deserves credit for calling fighters out on PEDs abuse and questioning the UFC and athletic commissions.

He is a terrible journalist. Look at this crap:

The average amount of testosterone in a male is 61.3 ng/ML per a groundbreaking 1967 study in Clinical Chemistry. In the three tests given to Jones, he had testosterone levels of 1.8 ng/mL, 0.59 ng/mL and 4.9 ng/mL.

I encourage you to dig up that paper in Clinical Chemistry and find that 61.3 number. People like this couldn't cut it in almost any other profession yet they somehow become considered "experts" on MMA. Sad.

Have you become the Mayhem Miller of Sherdog? The above crazy ramblings make me think so.

Edit: and before any Mayhem Monkey's go after me I was a Mayhem fan for a long time but the Urijah Hall thing was the tipping point for me. Recent events were not needed.

Last edited:

Kevin Iole has been around for decades. He has a lot of ties to the boxing community and is much more respected as a journalist than let's say Luke Thomas or Ariel Helwani, by a large margin. It's not even comparable really.

I'm not a fan of the guy but he's much more legit than anyone else covering MMA, sans Dave Meltzer who also has been doing it for decades.

The average amount of testosterone in a male is 61.3 ng/ML per a groundbreaking 1967 study in Clinical Chemistry. In the three tests given to Jones, he had testosterone levels of 1.8 ng/mL, 0.59 ng/mL and 4.9 ng/mL.

I encourage you to dig up that paper in Clinical Chemistry and find that 61.3 number. People like this couldn't cut it in almost any other profession yet they somehow become considered "experts" on MMA. Sad.

I did, it was on the first page.

Kevin Iole has been around for decades. He has a lot of ties to the boxing community and is much more respected as a journalist than let's say Luke Thomas or Ariel Helwani, by a large margin. It's not even comparable really.

I'm not a fan of the guy but he's much more legit than anyone else covering MMA, sans Dave Meltzer who also has been doing it for decades.

The question was regarding MMA journalism so his ties to the boxing community mean fuck all. I have more respect for Helwani as he made his name solely in MMA and didn't just jump on the bandwagon when boxing started to die.

The question was regarding MMA journalism so his ties to the boxing community mean fuck all. I have more respect for Helwani as he made his name solely in MMA and didn't just jump on the bandwagon when boxing started to die.

I don't think you can accuse journalists of "jumping bandwagons" just cause they're doing their job by covering things people are interested in reading about.

He's the worst...he probBky sends Zuffa articles before posting

There was a good thread a few years back with decent points of how he could be paid off

Inb4 Robbie tracks TS down and beats the living fuck out of him.

Kevin's opinions don't matter because he's old.

Tim Kennedy and Jon Jones fans told me.

The last sentence is just insipid
Writing about a combat sport like boxing is a natural progression to covering MMA.

I've read some decent articles from him but I mostly know him for asking the dumbest fucking questions.

that's interesting, thank you. how come we hardly see/hear Meltzer. i dont even know what site he works for.

I hear complaints that he's nothing but a Zuffa shill and I also hear him being lauded for taking Zuffa to task. How am I supposed to reconcile that?

I hear complaints that he's nothing but a Zuffa shill and I also hear him being lauded for taking Zuffa to task. How am I supposed to reconcile that?

Maybe read a few of his articles?

that's interesting, thank you. how come we hardly see/hear Meltzer. i dont even know what site he works for.

Meltzer has his own website and writes his own weekly pro wrestling newsletter which he started in the 80s. He also does a number of radio shows every week with Bryan Alvarez. He has been covering MMA since the very begining. You can find his stuff here, but it's a monthly subscription service.

http://www.f4wonline.com/

He's as legit as they come.

The problem you might be having is looking in 1967. It was actually submitted in 1967, but published in 1968. Here is the citation information:

Article

J. William McRoberts,
Arthur D. Olson,
and Walter L. Herrmann

Determination of Urinary Testosterone and Epitestosterone in Men, Women, and Children Clinical Chemistry 1968; v. 14, p.565-582.
...gas-liquid chromatography. Average testosterone and epitestosterone excretion...gas-liquid chromatography. Average testosterone and epitestosterone excretion...For 11 normal men, the average excretions values for testosterone and epitestosterone were...

http://www.clinchem.org/search?fulltext=average+testosterone&submit=yes&x=0&y=0

Back