Has GSP ever been Taken Down?

Came to say that. Koscheck is underrated now because he's an unlikeable asshole, but he was at the top of the division for a while. Tapped Crumble Johnson in a great display.

I heard an interview with Kos a few months ago and he sounded like a completely different guy. He runs a business and I guess does a lot of stuff to help veterans? Said he really doesn't follow or pay attention to MMA much anymore. Seems like maybe once he left the sport his attitude changed. He was really candid about the guys who beat him and how they were just better than he was, etc. None of that cockiness, it was actually kind of weird.

Koscheck double legged him across the octagon and won the first round
Nice try.

Kos landing a meaningless takedown in the last minute of a round doesn't "win him the round" when GSP closed his eye.

Honestly posters such as yourself are the unneeded waste of human society. You're unbelievably biased and you let your limited intelligence quotient affect your opinions. I suggest you relinquish your account and be done with this. You're an embarrassment to your forefathers.

fitch spent some time on top of gsp, but i dont think it was from a takedown, it was from a sweep or transition or something.

hughes took him down, cant remember which fight, but gsp popped back up.
True, He did end up on his back at one point in the Fitch fight. I even had a gif of that. Pulled a sweet move.

giphy.gif

He’s been taken down, I think what impressed us about George was his outstanding wrestling abilities despite not having a wrestling background...seriously his wrestling was just amazing.
He did get taken down a few times. I hadn't thought it through. Probably because it has happened so few times.

But yea, it's pretty crazy how he turned into such a great wrestler with no wrestling backround. I think wrestling Canada wanted him in the olympics at one point.

:eek: At first glance I thought that was Dildo Dannis.
GSP spent a lot of time on his back against Alves in the 4th round because he tore his groin
can't remember how he got there tho, now i'll have to go and watch it

okay so what happens is that GSP takes Alves down, GSP in half guard going for an arm triangle, Alves scrambles out out of and ends up in a turtle position, GSP tries to take the back but is too high and doesn't get the hook in so he slips off and ends up on bottom. no takedown
Ah, I remember now. Thanks for the detailed analysis.

Some of the takedowns he got were just amazing as well, he also showed moments of absolutely amazing TDD, I feel like his striking got worse from all that wrestling but his striking was still top notch, even as a wrestler he utilized that jab beautifully.

There is no one answer for why he was so good, but I think the gymnastics training helps in ways that would give you crazy agility in grappling situations. Flexibility also helps when getting low.

Nice try.

Kos landing a meaningless takedown in the last minute of a round doesn't "win him the round" when GSP closed his eye.

Honestly posters such as yourself are the unneeded waste of human society. You're unbelievably biased and you let your limited intelligence quotient affect your opinions. I suggest you relinquish your account and be done with this. You're an embarrassment to your forefathers.
1XO7jUv.gif

Nice try.

He is talking about their first fight

There is no one answer for why he was so good, but I think the gymnastics training helps in ways that would give you crazy agility in grappling situations. Flexibility also helps when getting low.
That actually makes sense, gymnasts are very explosive in their movements and I think that translated well to GSP exploding into takedowns.

After reading this thread I decided to watch some of the GSP vs Koscheck match.
The fight really should have been stopped inbetween rounds 3 and 4. Josh's eye was swollen shut.
On one hand it is badass to let a fighter continue to see if he can pull it out and make dreams come true.
The other side of the coin is fighter safety because he cant see punches coming from that side and could make and injury worse with continued damage.

gdf34.gif

Came to say that. Koscheck is underrated now because he's an unlikeable asshole, but he was at the top of the division for a while. Tapped Crumble Johnson in a great display.

"Great display" that included faking being hit by a grounded shot to get out of trouble.

Grossly undersized Rich Clementi also subbed that incarnation of Johnson.

But yeah, in his prime, Koscheck was a great wrestle-boxer and legit contender in a deep divison.

I really enjoyed reading this thread, mostly because I haven’t seen a thread exactly like it before.

And despite it being Sherdog, I’m not being sarcastic. Well done @Sansnom you old bastard.

Ps I will almost always gib free likes to gifs.

First Kos fight, Koscheck reversed position and power doubled him across the cage in the first round.
Second fight he was able to take him down clean in round one

Prime Kos was definitely one of the best wrestlers we ever saw in the division. I always felt like he would've been more consistent had he focused more on being an elite wrestler with pretty good stirking instead of a pretty good striker with elite wrestling. His double leg was a thing of beauty

Nice try.

FYI I’m talking about the first Kos fight, not the second where GSP closed his eye. I think your parents need to take your internet privileges away. Pussy.

Back