• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has GSP even claimed that he’s never used PED’S?

Yep GSP was on peds work used them at some point. But who gives a fuck lots and almost everybody was using them as well(especially in that time period). It doesn’t take away from his greatness that most likely used peds imo.

He’s taller and less ripped than GSP.

GSP is right on the natural limit.

He has a FFMI of about 25. I think that limit was drawn from bodybuilders doing zero cardio though.
In those 2 specific cherry picked pictures they look exactly the same, and Usman is taller as you pointed out. Shoulders and traps look identical. Isn't that where the test hits hardest?

Edit: even there abs look the same, and usmans biceps might be bigger. And most importantly - consider that pic was young mid 20's GSP and that is 30+ Usman. Yikes

You'd think so, but some people are convinced that they can magically detect PED use by using (checks notes)... the eye test? aka psychic powers.
yes...' ooh he has big traps peds tend to target traps...'
LOL I weight trained for years, one of the easiest muscles to train .
Dudes who comment on this usually have never stepped in a gym at all.

yes...' ooh he has big traps peds tend to target traps...'
LOL I weight trained for years, one of the easiest muscles to train .
Dudes who comment on this usually have never stepped in a gym at all.

Disproportionate traps are a definite sign of steroid use as extensively shown by science;

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10664066/

Lazy people on the couch accusing everybody and their mother of using steroids has nothing to do with that.

Disproportionate traps are a definite sign of steroid use as extensively shown by science;

Lazy people on the couch accusing everybody and their mother of using steroids has nothing to do with that.

And yet not definite enough that a single sporting organization in the world uses them as proof of steroid use.

Its an interesting article, but its about the combination of training and self-administration of steroids, and its conclusion is that on average there is a higher ratio of androgen receptors in the neck than in the limbs. That means that if someone is using, it'll show up faster in the neck muscles. However, no where does it suggest that the same results can't be achieved with training alone, or that the same ratios hold for every individual (ie its likely but not always true). And that, btw, is why no sporting organization uses well developed traps (or other neck muscles) as proof of steroid use -- the same results can be gained by training alone, and genetic variation among humans means different individuals will have different results.

That and the fact that their total sample size was 23 people, which statistically is too small a number to apply to the population as a whole.

Do I think everyone in the UFC (including GSP, Anderson, both Diaz's and whoever else you want to mention) use? Yes, they'd be silly not to use at an undetectable level given the boost in recovery rate. Do I think anyone can tell by looking? No, because if they could every sporting organization in the world would get rid of blood tests (which are expensive and inconvenient) and just pay that person a few million a year to look at pictures to determine who is and isn't using.

And yet not definite enough that a single sporting organization in the world uses them as proof of steroid use.

Its an interesting article, but its about the combination of training and self-administration of steroids, and its conclusion is that on average there is a higher ratio of androgen receptors in the neck than in the limbs. That means that if someone is using, it'll show up faster in the neck muscles. However, no where does it suggest that the same results can't be achieved with training alone, or that the same ratios hold for every individual (ie its likely but not always true). And that, btw, is why no sporting organization uses well developed traps (or other neck muscles) as proof of steroid use -- the same results can be gained by training alone, and genetic variation among humans means different individuals will have different results.

That and the fact that their total sample size was 23 people, which statistically is too small a number to apply to the population as a whole.

I wasn’t suggesting, it was a big enough of a giveaway for USADA to ban people who have big traps.

I was rebuking the idea there was no correlation between gear usage and trap size.

I wasn’t suggesting, it was a big enough of a giveaway for USADA to ban people who have big traps.

I was rebuking the idea there was no correlation between gear usage and trap size.

Fair enough, there clearly is a correlation. Its smaller than the variation in training and genetics though, so it can't be used to determine usage except in extreme cases.

And linking an actual research paper like you did is always good.

If that were true GSP post USADA would have been pulsing from previous steroid use

that’s not how that works though. Testing advances every years and 2012 isn’t the same as 2013 or 2018. Or today.

that’s not how that works though. Testing advances every years and 2012 isn’t the same as 2013 or 2018. Or today.
It actually is. It’s 2021 why is Jones the only one with a pulsing exemption?
Cause it was wrong to begin with. USADA is a compromised program

It actually is. It’s 2021 why is Jones the only one with a pulsing exemption?
Cause it was wrong to begin with. USADA is a compromised program

What year was the pulsing? There is no standard of testing of an supplement of vitamin ook the market.

A few years back I watched a 60 mins about the supplement and vitamin standard is in the us.

they made and labeled 3 different supplements 1 was just arsenic pills. The others where random
Things that weren’t in the pill.

they were all cleared to be sold printed and bottles and sold retail. By I don’t know if it is the usda. FDA. Or whoever.

but basically. Nobody gives a shit what you ingest. There is nobody testing to make sure what’s in the label and it’s the same with any food or processed foods.

I can’t post a link but you. An search it out for yourself and see how there is zero oversight on vitamins and supplements in the USA. Or shit. Even what is in your food. B

It doesnt prove shit still, and stilldoesnt change the fact that some plonker on a website who has never trained a day in their life , has any credibility at all when they state their eye test results and are in fact talking out of their arses

If you can tell whether someone is using or not just by looking at them then don't waste it on Sherdog, sell your knowledge to the IOC and other sporting organizations. They spend tens of millions every year on inconvenient blood tests, and would love to replace them with much cheaper and convenient visual tests. They'll happily give you ten million to do away with blood tests.

Me, I think GSP and everyone else in the UFC is using. But I know that except in extreme conditions (anorexics on one end, body builders on the other) its impossible to say just by looking -- which is why no sporting organization uses visual tests even as a back-up test. Any time I think I can tell by looking I go back and look at pictures of old time strongmen (from decades before synthetic steroids) and notice how many of them fail the eye test. Or I think about all the guys like Royce and wonder why I didn't pick him out as a user with my magical PED detection vision.

Blood tests are pretty bad right now. Visual tests are so much worse that no organization bothers using them even though they're easy and cheap.
Old time strongmen did not look anything like prime GSP you don't cut weight then add back on 20lbs and look full and cut with bowling ball shoulders and the obvious hgh abdomen most guys smooth out after rehdrating he just gets bigger and fuller and again no the build he had can not be achieved naturally it doesnt matter how big or strong you get you cant get that look he had naturally. Absolutely you can tell I have been in this game too long he was using heavy androgens and HGH and it was obvious to everyone at the time all my juicehead buddies called him out instantly you can absolutely tell

You'd think so, but some people are convinced that they can magically detect PED use by using (checks notes)... the eye test? aka psychic powers.
The problem is there are so many fake natties people dont even remember what a natural physique looks like. You can absolutely tell by looking at someone I trust my eyes way mroe than any kind of testing the mirror doesnt lie

You should drop this.
1.jpg

<36>

after trying to figure out what/when is gonna be tested and being told repeatedly they wont get that info

they come back with

"k, we accept, but wont be able to reach us next 2 weeks"

no sane person can take all that into consideration and still think they wanna do the test

You are dumb and lost long ago. Your stubbornness is a bad look for humanity.

You are dumb and lost long ago. Your stubbornness is a bad look for humanity.

says the delusional gsp fan....

the head of nsac comes out and says gsp side wasn't serious about the test and you still have gsp fans acting like it didn't happen

can we please not have PED use be the GSP legacy thread? -sighs-

Old time strongmen did not look anything like prime GSP you don't cut weight then add back on 20lbs and look full and cut with bowling ball shoulders and the obvious hgh abdomen most guys smooth out after rehdrating he just gets bigger and fuller and again no the build he had can not be achieved naturally it doesnt matter how big or strong you get you cant get that look he had naturally. Absolutely you can tell I have been in this game too long he was using heavy androgens and HGH and it was obvious to everyone at the time all my juicehead buddies called him out instantly you can absolutely tell

The thing is though because of the Nate Diaz quote “everybody’s on steroids” there are people out there who act like anybody even in slightly good shape must be on steroids.

Scientists have also found a rare gene called Myostatin that can turn people and animals into muscle freaks. It’s for reasons like that I think you need testing.

If you go by the FFMI calculation GSP is just about in the natural range, I think he has a FFMI of about 25. The thing is though you could say he looked a bit weird and had freak cardio.

Back