Has Dana White ever been called out on his BS by a journalist?

I'm not saying Conor did anything new in terms of talking trash and so on. Neither did Ronda nor Chael. Trashtalk has been a part of the game - and life in general - since forever. What I mean by "singlehandedly" is that Conor took it to a new level when it comes to being recognized by the mainstream.
Fair enough but what I'm saying is if he didn't arrive when Cheal had made trash talking at the Presser's just as big a part of the event ( to some people) as the fight itself and Ronda hadn't brought the UFC to the forefront of mainstream attention it's highly unlikely Conor would have found the success he has.

Arriving at the time reality TV was at the peak of it's popularity and the general public was foaming at the mouth for drama and loud mouth characters also didn't hurt his rise to be honest.

What I'm saying is if he showed up in 2007 without these other factors at play it's highly unlikely he would
have become what he has based on fighting ability alone.

Why isn't this reasonable? ...Add to that what Conor HAS actually done...

Conor can get behind the guys who have remained active and have been defeating top 10 opponents. That sounds reasonable to me
Conor's legend is great but lets not roll out the red carpet for banality

Basically it’s because Dana is a whiney and spiteful person with a lot of power over the business. Nowadays pretty much anyone that wants to stay relevant has to somewhat pander to him.

Meltzer did. Idk if Dana threatened him or what but he disappeared from MMA I think.

Dana was ranting about gsp/Hendricks and he asked if anyone at all scored it for GSP, expecting all of them to fall in line. Well, Meltzer did saying GSP had 1 3 5 and dana ranted about it being about "damage"

Why isn't this reasonable? It's not that Gaethje has been a destroyer - lost vs two of Conor's victims - and his latest win is ... Cowboy.

Add to that what Conor HAS actually done, which is incredible. He's singlehandedly brought more attention to UFC or MMA in general than basically anyone. And he's done so by his persona AND his fighting skills and accomplishments.
Activity.

Or is everyone terrified of losing their job?

Some things I've noticed about the Baldfather lately where he's absolutely full of shit:
- Skipping Gaethje in favor of McGregor for a Khabib matchup based on "come on guys do you realize what McGregor has done for this sport bla bla bla (I say this as a McGregor fan)
- Claiming there are no cans in the UFC while having signed CM Punk at one point and trashing Brendan Schaub on social media for having a 6-5 record in the UFC

Of course as we all know there have been countless other questionable decisions or statements in the past. Are there any examples of where he's been confronted about these? I'd love to see some awkwardness and drama.
You live in a fantasy world. Dana is a businessman. Enuf said

Much of American society blames their own ignorance on the 4th estate. It's not new, just a cycle of under-education though generations.

Why isn't this reasonable? It's not that Gaethje has been a destroyer - lost vs two of Conor's victims - and his latest win is ... Cowboy.

Add to that what Conor HAS actually done, which is incredible. He's singlehandedly brought more attention to UFC or MMA in general than basically anyone. And he's done so by his persona AND his fighting skills and accomplishments.

Yeah I dont get it either. MMA/fight fans are such fish. Mayweather had to deal with this a lot; a guy wins 1 fight & all of a sudden you've been "ducking him for 2 years". Nobody knew who the hell this guy was a few months back & now we're supposed to believe hes being screwed out of a title shot

I guess so. After all, her own mother roasted his ass in a goddamn book.

MMA journalism died way back when the UFC started taking press credentials and everyone else bowed down and shut their mouths.

- Skipping Gaethje in favor of McGregor for a Khabib matchup based on "come on guys do you realize what McGregor has done for this sport bla bla bla (I say this as a McGregor fan)
UFC is a business. $$$$$$ always trumps deserves. At this point whoever deserves something isn’t really relevant unless they’re producing the $$$$$$

Or is everyone terrified of losing their job?

Some things I've noticed about the Baldfather lately where he's absolutely full of shit:
- Claiming there are no cans in the UFC while having signed CM Punk at one point and trashing Brendan Schaub on social media for having a 6-5 record in the UFC

Of course as we all know there have been countless other questionable decisions or statements in the past. Are there any examples of where he's been confronted about these? I'd love to see some awkwardness and drama.

Several times, you must be a noob.

look Josh Gross and Loretta Hunt

No politics, but Dana's like Trump in this regard. They just respond with more bs and/or name calling.

Helwani was our only hope and that little snake even had his price

Fair enough but what I'm saying is if he didn't arrive when Cheal had made trash talking at the Presser's just as big a part of the event ( to some people) as the fight itself and Ronda hadn't brought the UFC to the forefront of mainstream attention it's highly unlikely Conor would have found the success he has.

Arriving at the time reality TV was at the peak of it's popularity and the general public was foaming at the mouth for drama and loud mouth characters also didn't hurt his rise to be honest.

What I'm saying is if he showed up in 2007 without these other factors at play it's highly unlikely he would
have become what he has based on fighting ability alone.

There are always characters who pave the way for successors. But you’re essentially giving credit to Conor without even realizing how much. You’re laying out conditions that were ripe for the taking, yet nobody has taken advantage of the conditions to the level of Conor, not even close. You make it sound easy. With your spin, there should be more equally successful characters, but there aren’t.

There are always characters who pave the way for successors. But you’re essentially giving credit to Conor without even realizing how much. You’re laying out conditions that were ripe for the taking, yet nobody has taken advantage of the conditions to the level of Conor, not even close. You make it sound easy. With your spin, there should be more equally successful characters, but there aren’t.
Not at all, I'll admit I can't stand the guy but I know exactly what I'm doing and give him all the praise in the world for being smart enough to recognize what the general public craved (drama) and create a persona to capitalize on that too the fullest. It was ingenious.

Ariel has a few times but not in a while. Pretty sure he's a company man now.

They're all afraid of the fat goof. They will continue to lick his ass as long as they need too. Journalists are cowards

Back