Has Dana White ever been called out on his BS by a journalist?

slicebergjim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or is everyone terrified of losing their job?

Some things I've noticed about the Baldfather lately where he's absolutely full of shit:
- Skipping Gaethje in favor of McGregor for a Khabib matchup based on "come on guys do you realize what McGregor has done for this sport bla bla bla (I say this as a McGregor fan)
- Claiming there are no cans in the UFC while having signed CM Punk at one point and trashing Brendan Schaub on social media for having a 6-5 record in the UFC

Of course as we all know there have been countless other questionable decisions or statements in the past. Are there any examples of where he's been confronted about these? I'd love to see some awkwardness and drama.

Dana-White-Ariel-Helwani.png

"journalist" ?!? there's no MMA journalist, only MMA bloggers mate.

The first couple of posts are perfect examples. people call out journalists for not being more hard hitting, willing to call people out, etc. sure, lots of people would. then they would be out of the business. it isn't like covering fights is a "right." So sure, if they are ready to look for a new line of work, they can go right ahead and do that

- Skipping Gaethje in favor of McGregor for a Khabib matchup based on "come on guys do you realize what McGregor has done for this sport bla bla bla (I say this as a McGregor fan)

Why isn't this reasonable? It's not that Gaethje has been a destroyer - lost vs two of Conor's victims - and his latest win is ... Cowboy.

Add to that what Conor HAS actually done, which is incredible. He's singlehandedly brought more attention to UFC or MMA in general than basically anyone. And he's done so by his persona AND his fighting skills and accomplishments.

"journalist" ?!? there's no MMA journalist, only MMA bloggers mate.
There are very few "journalists" in sports period.

I've always found it confusing why guy's who would be called analysts or sports reporters in any other sport are considered "journalists" in MMA.

Ariel is the only one who could be considered a "journalist" and now a days even that's a pretty big stretch.

Not to mention the fact you yourself acknowledge in the OP that if someone says something the UFC doesn't like they can pull their press credentials with 0 repercussions it's no surprise these guys don't go out of their ways to push the envelope and try to be real journalists.

Dana White is looking more and more like Jabba the Hutt on a daily basis...And acting like it too.

I believe what Dana White's mother says about him.

There are very few "journalists" in sports period.

I've always found it confusing why guy's who would be called analysts or sports reporters in any other sport are considered "journalists" in MMA.

Ariel is the only one who could be considered a "journalist" and now a days even that's a pretty big stretch.

Not to mention the fact you yourself acknowledge in the OP that if someone says something the UFC doesn't like they can pull their press credentials with 0 repercussions it's no surprise these guys don't go out of their ways to push the envelope and try to be real journalists.
LOL at ariel being a " journalist " ...
<36>

Why isn't this reasonable? It's not that Gaethje has been a destroyer - lost vs two of Conor's victims - and his latest win is ... Cowboy.

Add to that what Conor HAS actually done, which is incredible. He's singlehandedly brought more attention to UFC or MMA in general than basically anyone. And he's done so by his persona AND his fighting skills and accomplishments.
Lol, yeah, he lost too two of Conors "victims" (if you actually consider Conors win over FW Dustin in anyway relevant when it comes to LW Dustin), but he's also won several fights against top 10 LWs in the last 4 years, something Conor has not done.

On top of that if Conor didn't happen to arrive on the scene at the same time Ronda had brought the UFC the most mainstream exposure it had ever seen do you think any of this happens? Do you believe if Conors persona came on the scene in 2007 or so he would have ever become any where near as popular as he has with the benefit of Cheal and Ronda showing the path and bringing the unprecedented attention?

He didn't "single handedly" do any of this, he arrived at the perfect time and was smart enough to capitalize on what Cheal and Ronda had started. Impressive no doubt but claiming he did this all by himself is a joke.

LOL at ariel being a " journalist " ...
<36>
I never said he was I said he was the only one who could possibly be considered a "journalist" since back in the day he actually did go against the UFC narrative and actually lost his press pass for a while before pressure from the fans forced Dana to give it back.

That was then though, currently yeah, even he can't be considered a journalist at the risk of losing his job with ESPN.

However this all just further empathizes my original point that MMA reports are nothing more than sports reporter just like they are in every other major sport.

Cutting edge "journalism" isn't really something you'll find in the sports world.

There are no journalist, period. Not only in mma, anywhere. They are all paid trolls, paid to do someone's propaganda.

Dana and the UFC making money = MMA media making money.

Only an independent media organisation would truly challenge them. And those types of media have bigger issues to tackle than UFC.

He should get an award for calling out Brandon on his bullshitm

He didn't "single handedly" do any of this, he arrived at the perfect time and was smart enough to capitalize on what Cheal and Ronda had started. Impressive no doubt but claiming he did this all by himself is a joke.

I'm not saying Conor did anything new in terms of talking trash and so on. Neither did Ronda nor Chael. Trashtalk has been a part of the game - and life in general - since forever. What I mean by "singlehandedly" is that Conor took it to a new level when it comes to being recognized by the mainstream.

I never said he was I said he was the only one who could possibly be considered a "journalist" since back in the day he actually did go against the UFC narrative and actually lost his press pass for a while before pressure from the fans forced Dana to give it back.

That was then though, currently yeah, even he can't be considered a journalist at the risk of losing his job with ESPN.

However this all just further empathizes my original point that MMA reports are nothing more than sports reporter just like they are in every other major sport.

Cutting edge "journalism" isn't really something you'll find in the sports world.

He also did graduate from a top journalism school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back