• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has Ariel ever been caught in a lie?

That's a whole lot of assumptions just because I don't want to Stan for your boy with you. Get a grip, sounds like what's bothering you is really the likes. You can have them, I'd have the same opinion regardless. Howard Cosell would not approve.

Where was he instigating? All i see is a bunch of thin skinned babies getting upset over fucking nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

Where was he instigating? All i see is a bunch of thin skinned babies getting upset over fucking nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.
3:19 is the most egregious case to me.

3:19 is the most egregious case to me.
Wait wait wait, wait one second here. You're telling me you're upset he said "Cyborg is upset" when she said "it's fine"?

OMG. I can't even. What a fucking instigator! He pretty much told Dana White that Cyborg thought he was a giant pile of shit and she was gonna fuck him up next time she sees him!

That menace!

If only laura sanko, megan olivi and brett okamoto were as good looking as ariel they would have his success. Ariel is privileged with being good looking and towing the line of uncle dana.

Wait wait wait, wait one second here. You're telling me you're upset he said "Cyborg is upset" when she said "it's fine"?

OMG. I can't even. What a fucking instigator! He pretty much told Dana White that Cyborg thought he was a giant pile of shit and she was gonna fuck him up next time she sees him!

That menace!
He's not showing much journalist integrity changing people's words to start shit. Is that not what an instigator does. Never said I hated him either, you did. Just pointed out he's an instigator.

He's not showing much journalist integrity changing people's words to start shit. Is that not what an instigator does. Never said I hated him either, you did. Just pointed out he's an instigator.
He didn't change her words. He didn't say she said anyting.

What did he specifically say Cyborg's words were? Saying she's upset, which her actions she took seem to indicate she at least was a little bit, seems pretty honest.

He's just trying to find out why Dana blocked her and you seem to be missing that and focusing on some Cyborg Dana drama created from the question. Well, if he didn't allegedly block her, there is no "drama"..... lol sounds like Dana was the instigator or some troll on the internet was by doing a fake Dana White social media account. I assume Dana or someone who works his account, blocked her.

Sorry never said I was "upset"

For a guy who repeatedly embarrasses himself and gets owned at my choosing, you sure do invite it a lot!
LOL claiming this does not make it true you little internet bully. Get rid of the Frank Av, you are unworthy.

Honestly, Ariel's not perfect but in my opinion he's been the face of MMA media coverage for years and whatever peoples' opinions are on him I do believe he is and has been the best MMA journalist in the sport by a noticeable margin. He's for the sport, for the people, for the fighters. I feel like the Brett Okamoto's of the world come off as "for the UFC" and are overall just really bland and "company man" in their coverage. Ariel isn't owned by anyone but the sport and his truth. He asks the hard questions and like a journalist who's in love with what he does, he digs to find the truth. That being said as far as instigating fights between the fighters, Ariel also tends to at time lack awareness in interviews or leave his filter at home so much that he asks really abrasive, insensitive questions and like with anything else he asks, he's usually persistent about getting his answers even if the interviewee tries to brush it off and give him the sign to back off of it. To answer TS' question though I haven't personally ever seen Ariel get caught in some sort of lie but I also haven't watched every MMA Hour episode or seen his entire body of work.

Didn't mean for that to come off as a Helwani fanboy post but I just think that history will remember Helwani as "the guy" for MMA media coverage. Idk if he'll wind up being the Howard Cosell of the sport like he said he'd like to be considered one day but as a journalist he's excellent in my opinion and I think as the years have gone by and the whole UFC/Dana vs Ariel thing happened (which ultimately went down because Ariel did his job as an *independent* journalist and the UFC let the Brock Lesnar return leak which imo is more their fault than his, like it's a journalist's job to discover and report the news/happenings) he's gotten amounts of guff that he doesn't deserve relative to what he gives us, the fans and how much he obviously loves the sport and covering it as well as the fighters. Like you can tell how passionate he is about it. You want those kinds of journalists in the sport imo.
Weird someone who had something nice to say on sherdog wtf

LOL claiming this does not make it true you little internet bully. Get rid of the Frank Av, you are unworthy.
I'm the little internet bully, while you are the pussy who backs down from actual conversations. You've been invited, you are scared to do it. Case closed girl scout.

I'm the little internet bully, while you are the pussy who backs down from actual conversations. You've been invited, you are scared to do it. Case closed girl scout.
You don't have actual conversations though. You call people names and insult them. You don't have what it takes to engage in intelligent conversation as evidenced by the bulk of your posts where you are either arguing with someone, or calling them names. You boast a lot, but you've got nothin'. You're an unworthy little weasel of an internet bully. Lose the av punk. You don't deserve to fly the Frank flag.

i think both dana and ariel have convinced themselves they were both right about UFC 200. So when you have done that, it isn't really a lie to that person.

I think Ariel spilled it about 200 and was told not to prior to. Rather he agreed upon that verbally or not, no one really knows. But i think Ariel thinks he's being honest.

That would be the only thing I'm aware of.

But he is an immature goof, so his only real lie is being a fake tough guy. Imagine being 40 blasting tupac like your doing something serious. lol
Wait, Pac's fanbase is in their 40s now. Should 40yr olds not blast the music they grew up on?? What should they blast - modern trap and drill that they hate??

I doubt he’s told any major lies; if he did, Dana would hold it over his head ad nauseum.
This is a good answer and is about as convincing as a response could be. If he was lying about anything worth noting, Dana would be letting us know on a daily basis.

Reactions: G10
You don't have actual conversations though. You call people names and insult them. You don't have what it takes to engage in intelligent conversation as evidenced by the bulk of your posts where you are either arguing with someone, or calling them names. You boast a lot, but you've got nothin'. You're an unworthy little weasel of an internet bully. Lose the av punk. You don't deserve to fly the Frank flag.
I invited you to a private discussion where you could lay out these grievances. You are too scared to do that. I mean, if you want to continue to get owned in public, that's fine as well. You can't back up a single thing in your stupid argument here, and you damn sure can't hang in a music conversation. I understand why you back down, but trying to bow up to your superior all the time is a weird flex.

You met Ariel and you're saying he was the alpha in the situation...? Jesus Christ man..
Something a beta would say

ariel-arielhelwani.gif

Something a beta would say

ariel-arielhelwani.gif

Ariel is a massive fucking beta. Literally in this thread you can read stories of Brian Stann having to defend him, because he can't defend himself. He's worked hard and done well for himself, despite being a weasel. I don't think he could survive a week at a hard labour job, and I think he gets beat up by the average male high school student. People on here are worshipping this nerd, because they are nerds. Without cameras, alone, this weasel would never say a bad or controversial thing to a fighters face without any real chance of facing consequences.

Ariel is a beast journalist tbh, i met him at UFC London in like 2016 - he towered over me and was rocking a dope Canada Goose jacket - fully dripped out swag.

Ariel is to be respected as a true mensch.

That was Drake. I can see how you'd get them mixed up.

Back