Has anyone had a better opportunity on UFC debut than Ben Sosoli?

Bit of an exaggeration about Werdum, he lost to Arlovski then beat Gonzaga and Vera who were both coming off losses

then the UFC cut him :D
Werdum was #1 contender and was upset that they gave him Dos Santos. Wanted way more money than Uncle Dana was offering and didn't renegotiate contract after loss. Not cut.

Probably the nastiest left hook KO I've seen this side of Joe Frazier.

jds.gif

beautiful!! Boxing trolls will come in and say it’s super sloppy.

beat me to it. JDS debuting

Good suggestion but Werdum was a better fighter than Hardy. Really it’s the combination of big name versus ability that makes Hardy so enticing and a great get as opponent, that’s really my point.

If you watch this guys fight even 5 months ago, hes horrible and not even near UFC level, he is a regional fighter.. He almost got finished, no headmovement or footwork. Zero chance he should win this, and I am dead serious in saying that if Greg Hardy loses this fight, he should quit MMA because he will never be good enough. I expect a quick finish maybe inside of 1 minute

Askren got to fight Lawler, get knocked out by him, and still manage to keep his undefeated streak via Herb Dean Herb Deaning.

Interesting now after Inhaler Gate, not sure if they’ll run it back, Ben was looking better as the fight went on but Hardy looked good early, used his reach and leg kicks well. Ben looked good on the counter but couldn’t close the distance well enough to land.

Back