Has anyone had a better opportunity on UFC debut than Ben Sosoli?

My all time favorite climbing of the ladder, if you will.
Up n coming jds was something else

that was one of the most amazing climbs to the top in the HW division in my opinion.

he wasn't just beating guys, he was devastating them and it wasn't like flukish 1st rd KO's, it was mostly prolonged beatings where he was completely outclassing guys.

EsteemedHonorableIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif

that was one of the most amazing climbs to the top in the HW division in my opinion.

he wasn't just beating guys, he was devastating them and it wasn't like flukish 1st rd KO's, it was mostly prolonged beatings where he was completely outclassing guys.

Probably the nastiest left hook KO I've seen this side of Joe Frazier.

jds.gif

Lol

Greg will beat him like a woman

Bit of an exaggeration about Werdum, he lost to Arlovski then beat Gonzaga and Vera who were both coming off losses

then the UFC cut him :D

true, but Gonzaga's loss was to Couture in a title fight and Vera's loss was his first loss ever and a decision to former champion TIm Sylvia, before that Vera was destroying most of the HW division. Werdum finished both of those guys.

i think at that time that was impressive enough to warrant a title shot.

I mean Gilbert Melendez fought for the world title in his UFC debut.

Actually the biggest opportunity was probably Liz Carmouche, if she could have beaten Ronda.

Plus Ronda, Dom and Aldo were already champions in their UFC debuts.

So I guess the answer is no.

I mean Gilbert Melendez fought for the world title in his UFC debut.

Actually the biggest opportunity was probably Liz Carmouche, if she could have beaten Ronda.

Plus Ronda, Dom and Aldo were already champions in their UFC debuts.

So I guess the answer is no.

Gil was the reigning Strikeforce champion who was considered the consensus top LW outside the UFC with several outlets pegging him as the top overall LW based on his win ledger.

Gil was the reigning Strikeforce champion who was considered the consensus top LW outside the UFC with several outlets pegging him as the top overall LW based on his win ledger.

Agreed, but it's hard to get a bigger opportunity than fighting for a title.

Bit of an exaggeration about Werdum, he lost to Arlovski then beat Gonzaga and Vera who were both coming off losses

then the UFC cut him :D

He was the next contender back then. You can't just look at Wikipedia.

Back