Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

I he has only one title defense, so not yet. There's also a whole division of fighters left he hasn't beaten yet. I think he has potential to do it but he's 36 so unless he gets very active I'm not sure he will get 4 more defenses in before his age starts showing.

He fought Izzy 2x this is not easy and beat Strickland by KO these are two former champs
2 fights to a title fight. Yes strickland was a great win despite fighting like a moron but don't act like 2 fights to a title fight wasn't an easy route. Just because he made it count and beat Izy doesn't mean it wasn't a gifted opportunity

How many fights did Ferguson fight with out getting a title shot? Hell even Conor had 5 or 6 fights before TS despite being the most hyped fighter in history

Alex was beating Izzy worse than Izzy ever beat him. Izzy was actually getting destroyed.
In one of Izzys losses to Alex Izzy basically had him completely knocked out and Alex got a gift from the ref

Yes and it's not close.

The only place Izzy is better is title defenses in MMA

If Conor beat Khabib or at least RDA or even Tony. Then one could easily say he is higher in the p4p all time great list than Aldo but he didnt.

If Alex beats Ankalev there is no way Izzy gets mentioned in the same air again.

I he has only one title defense, so not yet. There's also a whole division of fighters left he hasn't beaten yet. I think he has potential to do it but he's 36 so unless he gets very active I'm not sure he will get 4 more defenses in before his age starts showing.
It's more than just title defences

Overall middleweight run goes to Izzy, the body of work as a whole is close but I think Alex gets the nod because of the two division championships and more impressive wins. A win against ankalev or a heavyweight championship would erase all doubt to me.

Yes and No.

Izzy is the bigger star, and the bigger celebrity. He's known as the definitive, present-day MW GOAT (behind Anderson).

Pereira is looked at as somewhat of an oddity, and his victories mean more than Izzy's, because of who he beat, how he did it, and the time he did it in.

I think casuals will still nuthug Izzy, and most hardcores, while appreciating Izzy, are kinda Pereira at this point.

Yes and No.

Izzy is the bigger star, and the bigger celebrity. He's known as the definitive, present-day MW GOAT (behind Anderson).

Pereira is looked at as somewhat of an oddity, and his victories mean more than Izzy's, because of who he beat, how he did it, and the time he did it in.

I think casuals will still nuthug Izzy, and most hardcores, while appreciating Izzy, are kinda Pereira at this point.

You've got it backwards. Adesanya is the bigger star because he's been around for longer and accomplished more, so hardcore fans are more familiar with his actual legacy. It's the recency-biased casuals who are fawning over Pereira because he's had a couple of good wins lately.

the fact that adesanya no longer dares to fight pereira says it all. so yes, pereira beat adesanya as the best fighter

Obviously. What even is Izzy's legacy? Stinker and gift decision against Romero, stinkers against Vettori and Canonier, and domianted by Jan and Strickland. He has a couple of good fights against Costa and Rob..

Alex has already accomplished more than him.

You've got it backwards. Adesanya is the bigger star because he's been around for longer and accomplished more, so hardcore fans are more familiar with his actual legacy. It's the recency-biased casuals who are fawning over Pereira because he's had a couple of good wins lately.

I agree that there's a recency bias, but I think hardcore's tend to be more impressed by the "who" as much as the longevity. Pereira arguably has a better roster of win's than Izzy, which is incredible because he hasn't been in the game that long.

It's a difficult question but a really really interesting one IMO.

Adesanya has 27 professional MMA bouts while Periera only has 12. 15 professional fights less than Israel Adesanya but accomplished more than Izzy except in title defenses.

Alex was able to capture gold in his 8th ever professional MMA fight, lost to Izzy, moved up and won the LHW title in his 10th ever professional fight.

I think what's interesting here is that both Izzy and Alex lost their titles to each other. Who knows how Periera would have done had Izzy not gotten the immediate rematch and won.

Yoel is an Olympic medalist in wrestling. Are you experiencing a stroke? Also Brunson was an NCAA D2 All American.

Wanna try again?
Don't pretend like you came up withthe wittiest comeback ever, Yoel virtually never wrestled in the UFC

It is strange to even contemplate this but I actually think Alex has done it.

He is a much more decorated combat athlete winning belts in multiple weight classes in two combat sports.

He has beat Israel 3 times and twice by stoppage.

Izzy knocked out Alex but in that fight Izzy was getting outclassed.

He moved up in weight class and won the belt and then defended the title.

He ko Strickland, the guy that Israel got beat badly by.

Unless Izzy does something spectacular like moving up in weight I do not see him touching the legacy of Alex.
No, you idiot. Izzy has 5 title defenses and is one of the best middleweights of all time.

You guys are seriously ridiculous in your hate for Izzy to elevate this guy above him.

No in addition to not having an extended reign he hasn't cleaned out a division or proven himself against good wrestlers.

What makes Izzy unusual is that he came from kickboxing and is very good at shutting down wrestlers despite being lanky.

Which wrestlers did he shut down?

No, you idiot. Izzy has 5 title defenses and is one of the best middleweights of all time.

You guys are seriously ridiculous in your hate for Izzy to elevate this guy above him.
Izzy had defences but Poatans resume is more impressive. Beat Jan who wrecked Izzy.
Tooled Izzy and almost won the second fight before hail Mary KO
Won belt at lhw and defended it against former champs
KO former mw champ Strickland who wrecked Izzy

Back