• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Harrison Butker: Doxed, Slandered and Calls to be Canceled for having Christian Views

Well.....I did not agree with a lot of it, but I don't quite get all the hullaballoo. That message was decidedly on brand for a Catholic college. If you listened to a Nazi college commencement you would get Nazi rhetoric, and if you listened to a Berkeley commencement, you would get the other end of the spectrum.

Having a stay at home parent whether it's a woman or a man is great for the children. But the bottom line of it is this. For most of history, women did the stay at home parent roles not because it brought them inner joy and they felt it was their calling, but because it was the least shitty of their available options. There are still over 10,000 people alive in the US that were born before women had the legal right to vote.

If men really want women to embrace the wife and homemaker role in todays world, they need to make it the best option of their many available options. They must stop with the subjugation. Because let me tell you something as the father of 2 pit viper daughters...... they will not be subjugated.

Freedom of speech is important. Those are his views and it's fair to criticize it based on your worldview. But nothing he did qualifies as hate speech and he definitely does not deserve to be canceled over this. This is just the media causing outrage.

Well.....I did not agree with a lot of it, but I don't quite get all the hullaballoo. That message was decidedly on brand for a Catholic college. If you listened to a Nazi college commencement you would get Nazi rhetoric, and if you listened to a Berkeley commencement, you would get the other end of the spectrum.

Having a stay at home parent whether it's a woman or a man is great for the children. But the bottom line of it is this. For most of history, women did the stay at home parent roles not because it brought them inner joy and they felt it was their calling, but because it was the least shitty of their available options. There are still over 10,000 people alive in the US that were born before women had the legal right to vote.

If men really want women to embrace the wife and homemaker role in todays world, they need to make it the best option of their many available options. They must stop with the subjugation. Because let me tell you something as the father of 2 pit viper daughters...... they will not be subjugated.

This is the commencement speech from Berkeley this year...Not the same.

There's a reason why the nuns who helped found Benedictine College denounced Butker's speech.

Man that must really suck for the ultra rich guy that gets to play a children’s game for a living.

Liberals are softer than baby shit and their pearl clutching over this is absolutely embarrassing. I can't imagine how fragile and pathetic you have to be to have the complete meltdown they are having over this the past week. They just hate strong people with values because they have always been weak and never worthy of respect.

good one. more than 1/3 women have lifetime depression and it's up 10 points just in the last 6 years. how's the modern life of empty hookups and a cubicle job treating them? good?

dep-Copy.png

and almost half of women will be single by 2030. that's totally not a recipe for disaster or anything. single, probably childless, no partner. it's a shame what society did to them.

Based on Census Bureau historical data and Morgan Stanley forecasts, 45% of prime working age women (ages 25-44) will be single by 2030—the largest share in history—up from 41% in 2018.

It's pretty interesting that it's the demographic most likely to be Democrat voters and the demographic where there has been a big wave to enter and excel in the workplace, break obstacles and barriers etc that we see this rather dramatic increase in depression. So while the push may be an otherwise positive for the economy, it's unclear to me what the impact to society (outside of the economic impact) is - but I would think it's probably not positive; but truly addressing and measuring it is likely more art than science.

Of course there's gonna be a whole shitload of contributing factors to these things and narrowing down to one thing is reckless. And there's other tendencies in society that probably need to adjust to help curb people who want relationships and families but struggle immensely in that regard - including both men and women being more comfortable with the woman making more money or being a breadwinner. I've been to many women's 30th birthday parties and if they're single, there's usually crying involved. And the cat lady alcoholic set up is a sad one too.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised how many women would agree that having and raising kids is more important to them than their career. I'm willing to bet its more than 75%.

And Who's going to remember you after your gone? The corporation you worked for? Or the family you helped create and raise?

lol...

It's interesting - back in the day I finished my education and went to tackle the business world and fuck me was I ever shocked at how shitty it was. I remember when I first started taking a train it to work and seeing just countless lifeless zombies (pre smart phone so everyone was just kinda staring off into space or sitting with eyes closed) when I was an energetic 22 year old. I couldn't believe this was how people lived. Then you become one of them.

I definitely understand that the work related to raising a family isn't promotable work but honestly, unless you are like in a really cool job or making big money with prospects for more (which I'd guess is like 10% of the population) I think work really becomes dull and disappointing for most. I kinda laugh at this cartoonish version of the past with this image of men having a great time at work takes place while women are suffering miserably at home. Life is generally shitty for the vast majority of the population and people suffer together in their own ways. I think in a way it's something we see more clearly at the individual level - I think most of us realize it from our parents, and our friends' parents

Really? They literally said "The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned and in which we have been so invested."

Then listed exactly what parts of his speech they had a problem with.

Are they just looking for something to be upset about?

Sure dude. I'm the one upset here.

Team prob said we’ve been taking some L’s in the media with all the going’s on. Get out there and say something that will make people forget how terrible this team is off the field.

Jevon Belcher never forget

I'm sure subjugation plays a role for many, but I don't know that it's the dominant reason today like it was in the past.

I have two very strong-willed daughters myself . . . heck, they pretty much won the strong-willed lottery between my wife and I.

Sure dude. I'm the one upset here.

I didn't say you were. I'm asking, if you think these nuns are just "looking for something to be upset about" considering you said....

"I think you and many others are looking for something to be upset about."

In response to any criticism of this speech.

Man that must really suck for the ultra rich guy that gets to play a children’s game for a living.
And don't forget to mention he's a straight CIS white man. He deserves all the vitriol that comes his way. Amirite my comrade?

Yeah his life is not going to change much. He has it made for the rest of his days. Still, undeserved.

Shouldn't hate on people just because they are rich and famous - life isn't fair. People have it way worse than you do. Jealousy isn't a good look.

If he isn't hurting anyone, who fucking cares.. we have enough real shit to worry about as a country.

Yeah his life is not going to change much. He has it made for the rest of his days. Still, undeserved.

Shouldn't hate on people just because they are rich and famous - life isn't fair. People have it way worse than you do. Jealousy isn't a good look.

If he isn't hurting anyone, who fucking cares.. we have enough real shit to worry about as a country.
Sure he has a right to say what he wants, but so do the people criticizing him. It doesn't just go one way. He said something in a public statement, the public responsed to him. Some agree, some don't care, while others disagree. He isn't losing his job as a kicker, the government has isn't taking action against him, and the "doxxing" information is already public. Right wingers are playing the victim about how outrageous this, even though he can still say anything that he wants, he just has to face criticism for it like everyone else.

Sure he has a right to say what he wants, but so do the people criticizing him. It doesn't just go one way. He said something in a public statement, the public responsed to him. Some agree, some don't care, while others disagree. He isn't losing his job as a kicker, the government has isn't taking action against him, and the "doxxing" information is already public. Right wingers are playing the victim about how outrageous this, even though he can still say anything that he wants, he just has to face criticism for it like everyone else.

Criticizing and trying to get him fired are 2 different things

I think criticizing is totally valid. Trying to get him to lose his job is not.

He isn't going to lose his job - but just the fact that they tried it is loser behavior.

I didn't say you were. I'm asking, if you think these nuns are just "looking for something to be upset about" considering you said....

"I think you and many others are looking for something to be upset about."

In response to any criticism of this speech.
My bad. I read that last sentence as "are YOU just looking for something to be upset about".

I have no idea why the nuns felt the need to share their opinions on the speech. They seemed to have taken issue with his focus being on proclaiming doing something other than putting God first and not being inclusive of others.

Right wingers are playing the victim about how outrageous this, even though he can still say anything that he wants, he just has to face criticism for it like everyone else.
Have you bothered to pay attention to how some "left-wingers" have decided to respond to sound bites fed to them instead of reading what the guy said? This thread is full of people discounting what he said and choosing to fill in blanks that aren't there so they can share their displeasure.

You have to have Buzzfeed levels of testosterone to get upset about something like this.

Criticizing and trying to get him fired are 2 different things

I think criticizing is totally valid. Trying to get him to lose his job is not.

He isn't going to lose his job - but just the fact that they tried it is loser behavior.
The people criticizing him can call for him to be fired, they have no power to do so. You can call it loser behavior to cry and bitch, hell I think it's dumb too. Let's not pretend that's just behavior of the left though. This whole thing is one side crying about the other side crying.
Have you bothered to pay attention to how some "left-wingers" have decided to respond to sound bites fed to them instead of reading what the guy said? This thread is full of people discounting what he said and choosing to fill in blanks that aren't there so they can share their displeasure.
Yea they are dumb, if they are making death threats they should be prosecuted. Other than that they can cry their little hearts out until they find something else to cry about. Here I think it's funny because of how the right has responded to it as well. Their response acting like he was doxxed and that stupid people don't have a right to say stupid shit. It is funny because of the hypocrisy of it all.

Back