Harold Lederman should not score boxing!!!

lionsdenks

Green Belt
Reaction score
Every fight i say the same thing, he is terrible. The 12th for Pac Man seriously??? I had it a draw, I scored one round even (the 11th I believe but cant quite remember) Anyways Lederman is consistent, consistently terrible

Lederman > you, even if he is wrong a lot.

His scoring that 12th for Pacqiao cemented the fact he has gone senile. They need to get rid of him.

No, Harold is not better than me. My scorecard is almost always within a point or so of Larry Merchant's. He should take over Harolds job and do commentary and score. He scores the fight pretty good consistently

thing I find about lederman is a lot of the time I wind up with the same or close to the same final scorecard even if I have a bunch of the rounds scored differently.

No, Harold is not better than me. My scorecard is almost always within a point or so of Larry Merchant's. He should take over Harolds job and do commentary and score. He scores the fight pretty good consistently

Yes he is. You're bragging about scoring similarly to someone who is piss drunk almost every broadcast. Go you.

thing I find about lederman is a lot of the time I wind up with the same or close to the same final scorecard even if I have a bunch of the rounds scored differently.

YES. After doing a bunch of these PBP's I find the same thing. I disagree with him about rounds, but the numbers end up a point or two within.

Troof! Larry had the scoring on point. 7 rounds to 5 for Marquez with Manny scoring a knockdown.

scoring in boxing has alot of bias, its just the nature of the game since you can't exactly measure everything.

i look at alot of scores (if i didin't watch the fight), and make my own dec

but when alot of people are giving jmm 114-113, that means its totally not outta the realm that pac won this.
when the fight is that close, thats when bias is gonna decide a winner

do you like dmg and power? clean punching? aggression? speed and ring generalship etc.

can't really cry over a point or 2. especially in a fight with alot of close rounds

I gotta tell ya Jim.....who cares? it's not an official score anyway. It's basically there to give novice fans a clue as to who's winning a close fight and so they'll have something to talk about. Think Goldy but older and drunker

i COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH HAROLD LETTERMAN SHOULDN'T SCORE BOXING HE HAS HAD SOME VERY BAD SCORES IN ALOT OF THE RECENT FIGHTS

wow,people are really upset

i would've loved to look like nostradamus (i predicted a jmm close dec)

but i can understand in a close fight, pac could get the edge in scoring

YES. After doing a bunch of these PBP's I find the same thing. I disagree with him about rounds, but the numbers end up a point or two within.

I gotta tell ya something...we should save this post for future reference.:icon_chee

I admit it could have went to marquez by a slim margin as well and I admit bias does come into judging boxing matches this close. The close rounds I had Pacquiao winning with harder shots. I had the score the same as Lederman. But after the round by round assessment, I look at the big picture. Fact is Pacquiao lander harder shots, looked much better in the first fight technically, and looked strong the whole 12 rounds. I do this often with close fights. Right now, I am totally comfortable with my decision in scoring the fight in favor for Pacquiao. That is, 7 round to 5 rounds.

scoring in boxing has alot of bias, its just the nature of the game since you can't exactly measure everything.

i look at alot of scores (if i didin't watch the fight), and make my own dec

but when alot of people are giving jmm 114-113, that means its totally not outta the realm that pac won this.

do you like dmg and power? clean punching? aggression? speed and ring generalship etc.

can't really cry over a point or 2. especially in a fight with alot of close rounds

If I'm using the part of your post that I made bold as a means to score then I'd have to go with Pacquiao. Marquez just seemed too content counter punching. I guess I have a "bias" against out boxers. But again, if you're content to walking circles around the ring don't get knocked on your ass. 114-113 Pacquiao. If I gave him Round 12 then it would be 115-112 Pacquiao.

i COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH HAROLD LETTERMAN SHOULDN'T SCORE BOXING HE HAS HAD SOME VERY BAD SCORES IN ALOT OF THE RECENT FIGHTS

9167.jpg

Also I really believe that ringside you can see better than on TV. A fight that close you have to go with the judges.

Also I really believe that ringside you can see better than on TV. A fight that close you have to go with the judges.

i dont think so, you get blocked angles when up that close

i really think tv is better, (for scorign, not for excitement and atmosphere)

I am always mad at Harold's scoring and I am not really arguing with the decision (even though 115-112 for either fighter means something was possibly fucked), but Harold scoring round 12 for Pacquiao is ridiculous. Round 12 for Pacquaio based on what?? Round 12 damage = Marquez, # of punches = Marquez, Ring generalship = Marquez. I mean what is the basis for round 12 for Pac Man?? I also love that the other announcers are always kind of like Harold is a retard at the end of the fight when he reads his score.

Back