Harold Lederman should not score boxing!!!

AskHarold.jpg

....if he knows what day of the week it is.....or if he cares

The dude can't even donate blood because it's probably flammable. He sweats Johnnie Walker on hot Las Vegas afternoons

But he's decent and great comic relief for lots of us

lol at the guy above agreeing with a drunk who told nothing but stories about Thailand all night.

Larry is still a God though.

AskHarold.jpg

....if he knows what day of the week it is.....or if he cares

The dude can't even donate blood because it's probably flammable. He sweats Johnnie Walker on hot Las Vegas afternoons

But he's decent and great comic relief for lots of us

ask Harold was possibly the WORST segment in HBO Boxing History.

lol at the guy above agreeing with a drunk who told nothing but stories about Thailand all night.

Lampley pretty much put Merchant on the spot about him talking to damn much about Thailand. I had a chuckle.

Lampley pretty much put Merchant on the spot about him talking to damn much about Thailand. I had a chuckle.

hahaha you mean the part where Jim asked Larry about the story Larry couldn't tell us about?

It is Thailand, He is older and most likely not getting much these days, and he was obviously drunk. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Merchant is definitely getting slower. There were a few times in the broadcast he had to pause for a moment to properly articulate his thoughts. The aging process is a sonofabitch. What can you do...

Merchant is definitely getting slower. There were a few times in the broadcast he had to pause for a moment to properly articulate his thoughts. The aging process is a sonofabitch. What can you do...

no doubt...and the man is still a god.

Max who?

Is Larry Merchant being a drunk common knowledge, or is it just what people who hate him say?

Yes he is. You're bragging about scoring similarly to someone who is piss drunk almost every broadcast. Go you.

Let's also not forget that in virtually EVERY fight, you can hear this statement or something similar from Larry Merchant:

"Jim, I have it scored three rounds for Pavlik, two rounds for Taylor, and one round even."

ALWAYS with the "even" rounds.

Is Larry Merchant being a drunk common knowledge, or is it just what people who hate him say?

Common knowledge for about 20 years or more now.

I don't get it either, I think it was Lederman it was someone from HBO (they never give us the names on UK tv they just say our american colleges from HBO) but I assume it was him on the Hopknis/Wright fight I think it must have been were he had Wright up by a Mile at the halfway stage and then when Wright had the best rounds of the fight for him in the later half of the fight HBO ended up having Hopkins by a point.

Im sure he just makes it up.

What did HBO have for Hopkins Taylor 2 btw?? I never found out and think Hopkins edged it!

People,

Do yourself a favour, watch the fight and enjoy. Then when time permits, watch it again without commentary/ sound to see if you hold the same opinion.

HBO commentary is so bias.

In fact, I watched the live HBO broadcast of Mayweather v. Hatton and a recorded British telecast a few days later. The differences were astounding!

A least the British could admit their man was losing!

Really though, the 12th for Pacquiao?

Back