Hard times ahead for Aldo and Pettis

Amazing. TJ didn't use much wrestling: mostly the discipline. Pettis can sub off his back; his BJJ beat a wrestler, remember that.

Aldo has great take down defense. He also is a bjj guy.

It all depends who shows up and who gets rocked first. If you have a strong wrestling base and the other guy puts his shin in your neck, you might have no time to expose his or her weakness.

You think because Aldo has'nt got JOs recently hes suddebky list his power? His opponents are becoming more hesitant because hes a KO artist.

if anything, JOs significantly raise knockout power lol

but seriously, i agree with ya. dont see too many ppl just rushing Aldo anymore without consequence

Last edited:
I actually think Aldo has probably the best wrestling in his division. His TDD is definitely the best, but he also took down Lamas at will, who's an accomplished wrestler himself, and he ragdolled KZ with his offensive takedowns. Only Chad can really rival his wrestling at FW.

Anything can happen in MMA. I didn't see him beating Barao in the first place. He looked absolutely phenomenal though. I can't hate on the kid. His stand-up has improved by leaps and bounds. I think that belt might become a hot potato though. I do expect Barao to eventually make it back to a title shot. He's a really good fighter.

TJ did look to be on point last Saturday, his striking was impressive, he showed really good head and foot movement too. Still, like you said, that belt is gonna be a hot potatoe, BW division is packed with tough competition

Back