Happy Halloween! What’s the scariest show/movie you’ve seen?

Not scary, but The Human Centipede 2 is easily the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.
220px-Human_Centipede_2_Poster.jpg

make it a double feature w/ this movie & you won’t be able to sleep that night w/o some xanax or ambien

MV5BODM4Njg0NTAtYjI5Ny00ZjAxLTkwNmItZTMxMWU5M2U3M2RjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

Is that the 80s world War 2 movie where the polack has to help the nazis kill the Jews in his own community?

If its the movie I think it is the previews were enough to let me know i probably don't want to put those images in my head.

I prefer my horror movies campy and not to delve into the worst we have actually done to each other but kinda wanna watch it just to see if its the scariest movie of all time.

Unfortunately nothing really scares me now. I wish I could get scared. I watch pretty much every horror movie that doesn't have terrible reviews.

I think Sinister did a little. The first two Paranormal Activity movies did too. Just remembered The Fourth Kind freaked me the fuck out. It was well done but I also truly believe in the possibility of that happening to me. And in that same genre Fire In the Sky scared the shit out of me when I was younger.

Scared me bad as a kid:

Child's Play series
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Alien and Aliens (I remembered constantly looking up at the ceiling after Aliens to make sure there wasn't one up there)

DO NOT watch Unfriended. I watched it last night and it was terrible. I watched a similar movie last week that wasn't bad but drawing a blank at the moment.

Look up the old horror threads by Bobby Boulders. We used to discuss horror stuff all the time. The search feature on this site sucks ass though.

Don't know this one, gotta check out what's it about!
Is that the 80s world War 2 movie where the polack has to help the nazis kill the Jews in his own community?

If its the movie I think it is the previews were enough to let me know i probably don't want to put those images in my head.

from Criterion, who recently released it on bluray:
This legendary film from Soviet director Elem Klimov is a senses-shattering plunge into the dehumanizing horrors of war. As Nazi forces encroach on his small village in what is now known as Belarus, teenage Flyora (Alexei Kravchenko, in a searing depiction of anguish) eagerly joins the Soviet resistance. Rather than the adventure and glory he envisioned, what he finds is a waking nightmare of unimaginable carnage and cruelty—rendered with a feverish, otherworldly intensity by Klimov’s subjective camera work and expressionistic sound design. Nearly blocked from being made by Soviet censors, who took seven years to approve its script, Come and See is perhaps the most visceral, impossible-to-forget antiwar film ever made.

I prefer my horror movies campy and not to delve into the worst we have actually done to each other but kinda wanna watch it just to see if its the scariest movie of all time.
i love me some camp, schlock & trash, don’t get me wrong (in fact it’s all i’ll be watching later tonight), but i’m also a sucker for the well crafted ones that cut right through my guts & fill me w/ dread. bonus points for the movies that aren’t even technically horror but that produce the same visceral affect.

ngl i was feeling a bit cocky going into Come and See because i have seen some shit all up & down the spectrum, but it didn’t take long for it to sit my ass down & humble me.

from Criterion, who recently released it on bluray:

i love me some camp, schlock & trash, don’t get me wrong (in fact it’s all i’ll be watching later tonight), but i’m also a sucker for the well crafted ones that cut right through my guts & fill me w/ dread. bonus points for the movies that aren’t even technically horror but that produce the same visceral affect.

ngl i was feeling a bit cocky going into Come and See because i have seen some shit all up & down the spectrum, but it didn’t take long for it to sit my ass down & humble me.
Sounds gruesome and interesting, i think i'm gonna check this one out sooner or later!

I stay away from scary movies. I don't need this stuff in my head when I'm out somewhere late at night.

Give me suggestions, having my day beers and want something to watch

Just started into the American Horror Story series and I’m liking it

Exorcist is always a creepy one, I don’t like that possession stuff
giphy.gif
I watched a few eps of the first season and the 1984 season of ahs, it was ok but I didn't care much for the ghost aspect ie every character got brought back from the dead. I kinda liked the throwback slasher movie vibe to the 84 season tho

Haunting of hill house scared me.... but i am a bit of a puss for supernatural shit.
The young sister storyline and her ghost was spooky as fug. Also there were some great jump scares and moments. The last episode was a disappointment but it doesn’t undo the awesomeness of what came before it.

The ending of Paranormal Activity 3 with the dad and little girl hiding from witch’s coven and demon running through the house is the most scared I think I’ve been in a theatre. Those movies mess with me. About the only ones I won’t watch by myself in the dark.

Back