Media Happy Champ Champ Day Sherdog!

A great day.

The last time I managed to get friends to watch a UFC event at 5 in the morning on a Sunday with me. Conor is the only guy that got those mainstream non-MMA interested guys to do that.

bTBuWWC.gif

Absolutely flawless. That whole event was crazy and Conor looked out of this world that night.

Conor is truly something special, I would say the only mma-fighter who can be compared to Muhammad Ali when it comes to personality, influence and greatness
tenor.gif
Ali wouldnt be tapping like a DNB

You can't have a Conor appreciation thread without the haters coming out of the woodworks. Not even a Conor fan, but his performances to win both belts were spectacular.

First to ever do it, a blessed day in our sport.

Dumbass casuals on the prowl... Dan Henderson was the first to ever do it, but you wouldn't know that, you weren't around back then. He was the PRIDE FC WW and MW Champs simultaneously in 2006 when you were still eating Pop Tarts on Saturday morning watching cartoons. And before you cry about the legitimacy of roids in PRIDE, first of all, I'd find it to be way more dangerous competing in an org that didn't screen that hard for PEDs, moreover, why are UFC fighters still to this day dropping like flies to USADA? LMAO! As if UFC fighters don't roid. Two of the GOATS popped for PEDs.

Also, he's the first to ever do it in the UFC because he was the first ever ALLOWED to try doing it. Many champs in times past wanted to fight the Champ above or below their weight class and Dana shot it down. It could have easily been done long before. I'm sorry, not impressed. What's impressive is going on long title runs, defending the title against the next best guy over and over again until your weight class has nothing left, then doing it again like GSP, Silva and Jones.

#HappyRealChampDay

Last edited:
Conor was the first in the UFC, first to ever do it was hendo.
Watch, he's gonna go to the typical casual fan play book and try to discredit PRIDE FC because of lack of drug screening as if the fights are pre-determined like a lot of fixed fights were in Pancrase in the early 2000's. Like fighters weren't getting their fucking orbital bones smashed into powder and knocked dead in that ring lol. The post-PRIDE fans can't help but expose themselves when they try to discredit that org, when many of their top fighters came to the UFC and became champion and lasted way longer than their UFC counterparts from the same era.

Watch, he's gonna go to the typical casual fan play book and try to discredit PRIDE FC because of lack of drug screening as if the fights are pre-determined like a lot of fixed fights were in Pancrase in the early 2000's. Like fighters weren't getting their fucking orbital bones smashed into powder.

Idk id figure D1 wrestler would like hendo, wasnt hendo a wrestler?

Idk id figure D1 wrestler would like hendo, wasnt hendo a wrestler?
Hendo was coming into his own around 2005. He was a Grecco Roman wrestler, an Olympic Alternate, but he was always very heavy handed. He just didn't really learn how to setup and mask that overhand right until 2005-ish. Then he started knocking fools dead. I thought he killed prime Wand in 2007.

Love him or hate him... his performance vs. Eddie was one of the best championship performances we've ever seen

he butchered eddie easily, great performance

but what khabib did two weeks ago was insane as well.....not that he submitted gaethje, but that he went toe to toe with him, had gaetjhe RUNNING and never let him off the hook for even 1 second. eddie was stupid enough to strike with conor and only resorted to grappling when he was already lit up

khabib just ran straight forward to gaethje, just like he did with barboza, another deadly striker. only difference was that khabib has improved several times since then and gaethje couldnt stop the monster

khabibs performance was insane, imo better than conors

Plumber apprentice to bum
Bum to pro fighter
Pro fighter to champ champ
Champ champ to multimillionaire
Multimillionaire to shit whiskey salseman
Shit whiskey salseman to sexual deviant

That moment was truly epic. McDon bless.

Back