HANNIBAL TV Series Discussion v.2 (Cancelled After Season 3)

Still my favorite show ever !! GO HANNIBAL!

Seasons 1 & 2 are as good as it gets for any kind of entertainment, be it TV Show or Movie. Season 3 is off, it doesn't quite hit the mark the way 1& 2 do, but it still has its good moments.

Seasons 1 & 2 are as good as it gets for any kind of entertainment, be it TV Show or Movie. Season 3 is off, it doesn't quite hit the mark the way 1& 2 do, but it still has its good moments.
I thought S2 was peak TV.

S3 I couldn’t get through.

Not often am I that disappointed.

They made every character the same. You didn’t have any juxtaposition to showcase Hannibal’s intelligence.

Everyone taking in metaphor it just was too weird. Some good moments like GA only eating oysters around Hannibal out of fear he was going to feed her human flesh but overall I couldn’t watch it.

I thought S2 was peak TV.

S3 I couldn’t get through.

Not often am I that disappointed.

They made every character the same. You didn’t have any juxtaposition to showcase Hannibal’s intelligence.

Everyone taking in metaphor it just was too weird. Some good moments like GA only eating oysters around Hannibal out of fear he was going to feed her human flesh but overall I couldn’t watch it.

I thought episode 6 was really good -- "If I saw you every day for the rest of my life, I would still remember you from this day." - Hannibal

and then: "Does God gloat?" -Will
"Often" -Hannibal

<45>
Lol! Hannibal cracks me up. I love that line.

Last edited:

I pretty much found every character unlikeable and was rooting for Hannibal to just kill and eat them all

One of my all-time favourite show!

S3 started slowly | oddly for me but I've re-watched this many times
I kinda want to rewatch it again already. I need a mental break though. The tortures and murders on every single episode were just relentless after a while.

I kinda want to rewatch it again already. I need a mental break though. The tortures and murders on every single episode were just relentless after a while.
Yeah its pretty savage mate - I was also surprised at some of the gore they got away with including!

Although the one that really made me uneasy wasn't even gory - I won't spoil it for others but you'll know what I mean when I say "mushrooms"...

1stcseason was great then it went to total shit

hannibal was a really memorable show. I'm loosely paraphrasing here, when he talks about a church collapsing and crushing all its followers:

Hannibal: we know he's certainly has a sense of humor

and the expected 'i'd love to have you for dinner etc etc'

hannibal was a really memorable show. I'm loosely paraphrasing here, when he talks about a church collapsing and crushing all its followers:

Hannibal: we know he's certainly has a sense of humor

and the expected 'i'd love to have you for dinner etc etc'

He made some pun about eating people damn near every episode

S2 was better than S1
I also enjoyed season 2 more. Season 1 was a little "Law & Order" formulaic for me. I didnt like how they were investigating a new killer and solving it every episode. I liked the longer term storytelling in seasons 2 and 3. The season 2 finale might be the best single episode of a television show that I've seen

I also enjoyed season 2 more. Season 1 was a little "Law & Order" formulaic for me. I didnt like how they were investigating a new killer and solving it every episode. I liked the longer term storytelling in seasons 2 and 3. The season 2 finale might be the best single episode of a television show that I've seen
That was only the first half.

Def agree on the S2 finale.

Hannibal was genuinely hurt when Will turned on him.

That was only the first half.

Def agree on the S2 finale.

Hannibal was genuinely hurt when Will turned on him.
Hannibal spending the entire season framing him, just to be sad and regret it when it actually happens was hilarious. The "I better kill some more people so they know it's not him then" storyline was excellent

Hannibal kicked some fucking ass. Beat the shit out of morpheus.
Wish they continued the show and went off on a tangent with Hannibal masterminding a bunch of shit for pleasure and to improve the quality of what the world sees. Like when he killed a musician because he didn’t like how he played among the orchestra.
That kind of shit, would be cool to see him cull the population

Hannibal kicked some fucking ass. Beat the shit out of morpheus.
Wish they continued the show and went off on a tangent with Hannibal masterminding a bunch of shit for pleasure and to improve the quality of what the world sees. Like when he killed a musician because he didn’t like how he played among the orchestra.
That kind of shit, would be cool to see him cull the population
The best was in S2 the relationship between him and Mason. When Mason stabs the chair in his office, the little look Hannibal gives just shows you how bad the man F’d up.

The best part of the show is in season 2 from when Will starts to interact with that handicapped guy who they thought put the murdered girl inside the horse until the end of the season. Peak story-telling.

s2 finale is incredible.

hannibal-ep9.png

Poor Abigail really struck out with not 1 but 3 murderous father figures in her life

Back