Hands and forearms how often?

E

E C Monee

I've been lifting for over 10 years on and off but I have used straps from the beginning. I will be starting bjj in a month and I am incorporating forearms and hands into my routine and I have thrown away my straps. I was just wondering how often do most of you train your hands with the grippers and how often do you do forearms.

thanks,
E

High volume 5 days a week has worked well for me on handgrippers. I train my wirsts/forearms 4 days a week, 2 different workouts 2 days a week.

E C Monee said:
I've been lifting for over 10 years on and off but I have used straps from the beginning. I will be starting bjj in a month and I am incorporating forearms and hands into my routine and I have thrown away my straps. I was just wondering how often do most of you train your hands with the grippers and how often do you do forearms.

thanks,
E

You should have tossed away the straps from the beginning. anyway, no better time to start than now. when using the grippers, don't forget to train for muscular endurance (ie holding on to the grip as long as you can) as well as number of reps.

I'm a grip slut these days so I'm training grippers 5 days a week!

I do the grippers everday, even when I dont plan on training hard that day, there just so convenient...

Back