hammer strength?

L

liontamer

i have been using the hammer strength chest press for about a month now and i am liking it. it keeps my elbows tighter than the bar bench press which is obviously a good thing. i am wondering what would be the downside if any to using some hammer strength machines as opposed to bar/dumbells

liontamer said:
i am wondering what would be the downside if any to using some hammer strength machines as opposed to bar/dumbells

The path is set -- you don't have to stabilize anything. If you like it, do it in addition to, not instead of.

liontamer said:
i have been using the hammer strength chest press for about a month now and i am liking it. it keeps my elbows tighter than the bar bench press which is obviously a good thing. i am wondering what would be the downside if any to using some hammer strength machines as opposed to bar/dumbells

I need a young priest and an old priest...

The hammer strength chest press will work your pecs. And only your pecs. Get off the machine and go bench. As Fat said above, if you must use the machine then do it AFTER you bench not instead of benching.

I wasted a lot of time on machines, they do not work as well as the free weight equivalent (assuming there is one). nuff said

I clicked on this thread because I thought it was about hamstring strength...

Listen to Fat_Wilhelm. If you like the hammer strength machines, do them after the freeweight lifts.

i like the hammerstrength stuff to switch things up. the incline press machine they have is awesome. not a staple of of my workouts, but good for a change of pace.

this same topic lead to alot of arguing last time it was put forth. Lets hope it doesnt turn in an OT thread by the end.

ps. you are all homo's

because alot of guys in this section think that either you do free weights or nothing. They have no room for machines in their otherwise clouded, thick skulls.

Yeah, if you were into bodybuilding, it would be great because it takes out the stabalizer muscles and allows you to just target the chest. But if you're planning on performing in sports...like boxing or MMA, you'll want those stabalizers to get worked. The Hammer might be a good change up once in a while...like if you're having a day when you don't have a lot of energy, but stick with the bench.

Back