Movies Halloween Movie Thread?

A couple of slightly more obscure horrors I like:

View attachment 1065552
View attachment 1065553
Back in the day when movies were limited ( those who weren’t around) we had rent from the movie store and you’d have to keep renting a lot of the same movies over time , Dolls was definitely a go to movie . In my era you got used to watching the same movies so you were happy if one had replay value ,the be kind rewind vhs days and you got fined if you didn’t . Lol

Last edited:
The Guest

A family mourning the loss of the eldest son, Caleb, who was killed on active military service, are visited by a fellow soldier, "David" who served in the same Special Forces unit. Polite, friendly and helpful, David is invited to stay on, even sleeping in Caleb's old room. He tries his best to help the various family members with their problems, but the methods he uses become more and more extreme. Until the people who set up his experimental unit come looking for him...

Basically, Captain America as a Slasher Movie Villain. David is an All-American Super Soldier, highly trained and much stronger and tougher than any normal man. He's also been conditioned to kill everyone who might compromise his identity. Even people he genuinely likes.

One intersting twist is that rather than the US Military being responsible for David, it's actually a private corporation who were running the experiment.

Good performances from the whole cast and some excellent action sequences. Although I did chuckle at one of David's victims who obviously attended the Prometheus School of Running Away. :)

10/10

10/1 - It Comes at Night
10/2 - From Season 3 Episodes 1 & 2
10/3 - Tales from the Hood
10/4 - Halloween II (2009)
10/5 - Grotesquerie Season 1 Episodes 3 & 4
10/6 - Child's Play
10/7 - The Shiver of the Vampires + Salem's Lot (2024)
10/8 - Season of the Witch
10/9 - Night of the Demons
10/10 -
10/11 -
10/12 - Friday the 13th, Part 2
10/13 - Grotesquerie Season 1 Episodes 5 & 6
10/14 - From Season 3 Episode 3 + The Shining
10/15 - Texas Chainsaw 3D + Halloween (2007)
10/16 -
10/17 - Pumpkinhead + Creepshow + Silver Bullet + Christine
10/18 - They Live + A Nightmare on Elm Street
10/19 - Grotesquerie Season 1 Episode 7 + Halloween Kills
10/20 - Sleepy Hollow
10/21 - Zombie Island Massacre

Movie kind of sucked, but you get to see an ex-Congressman's wife's tits multiple times.

The Guest

A family mourning the loss of the eldest son, Caleb, who was killed on active military service, are visited by a fellow soldier, "David" who served in the same Special Forces unit. Polite, friendly and helpful, David is invited to stay on, even sleeping in Caleb's old room. He tries his best to help the various family members with their problems, but the methods he uses become more and more extreme. Until the people who set up his experimental unit come looking for him...

Basically, Captain America as a Slasher Movie Villain. David is an All-American Super Soldier, highly trained and much stronger and tougher than any normal man. He's also been conditioned to kill everyone who might compromise his identity. Even people he genuinely likes.

One intersting twist is that rather than the US Military being responsible for David, it's actually a private corporation who were running the experiment.

Good performances from the whole cast and some excellent action sequences. Although I did chuckle at one of David's victims who obviously attended the Prometheus School of Running Away. :)

10/10
Great movie , that guy was good in the in the The Rental if you haven’t seen it it’s more of a horror movie , I have the same mask as the killer in that movie it’s an old grandpa mask . I made a grandpa out if actually I tried posting it but the file was to big .

I guess the idea is that Tommy would've become the "new Jason" at the end of the movie but people hated it so much that they just brought Jason back in Part 6 as a zombie?

Attachments​

• 64F0925C-1AB7-4F87-8E0C-8C31C0BDD149.jpeg
    64F0925C-1AB7-4F87-8E0C-8C31C0BDD149.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • D18C1848-0F05-4E40-9218-1A344A0A8CC1.jpeg
    D18C1848-0F05-4E40-9218-1A344A0A8CC1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 9EF0D96E-CC53-4EC6-98A0-8D88835EFA78.jpeg
    9EF0D96E-CC53-4EC6-98A0-8D88835EFA78.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • C1E8BAC0-23B6-46F1-9E5E-1D1118B83AA6.jpeg
    C1E8BAC0-23B6-46F1-9E5E-1D1118B83AA6.jpeg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 9F03EFD0-0352-4897-B1D9-060D607D2844.jpeg
Here’s some stuff I made besides the Chucky doll .I painted the Jason mask and baby face .

I don’t know why but this scene makes me happy maybe bc I like chopping wood ,this scene is hilarious.

10/21: The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959)

iu

I guess this film isn't considered top tier among Hammer films, but I thought the moral conflict here was interesting. Plus Christopher Lee's in it.

trailer:

6.5/10

NEON MANIACS . 1986

This is a must watch in the very least to just say you saw it . Not sure why this movie is very good at the same time ridiculously silly . It’s got great acting and terrible acting , it’s got serious scenes and also goofy ones ( for instance the main girl who gets away goes fir a swim in her pool at night after watching her friends get slaughtered in the park ) .

Great music ( not the band that plays in the end ) , special effects ,character designs help out this low budget 80”s flick. Basically it’s about a group of mutants that only come out at night under the Golden Gate and have their own giant trading cards for no reason but this movie don’t make much sense which I think makes it more fun ,it gets away with a lot of stuff ,it manages to get eerie moments somehow despite they can be killed by water …yes water .

I’d give it a 9 out of 10 based on its a B horror movie and does the job . I used to try and stay up until 12 a.m on school nights I was about 13 when this came out bc that’s the only time they’d show this on HBO , I liked the Archer in it ,he reminded me of the Green Goblin , I actually bought this on VHS for 70 dollars in 1993 bc it was a rare copy . I was in a panic that I wouldn’t see it again before DVDs were around. Lol

I’ll give it 9 knives based on execution. It’s actually on you tube and this looks really clear , my dvd is a bit grainy . Go to FLINT FLIX if you decide to watch on you tube .

Last edited:
From Beyond (1986). Not as good as Re-Animator but god damn Barbara Crampton was hot. Great practical effects and some fun, campy performances. 6.5/10

1000007832.jpg

Back