Halal seals on food products what does it mean? is this common in your area?

I want to know if there is truth about corporations having to pay the Islamic council so they put the seal on their products.
Just off the top of my head... wouldn't make sense. The demand is by the muslims to be able to know what is Halal. So if the corporations had to pay the council, they'd just say "Well then I guess we won't have the seal" and then Muslims are harmed by not knowing. Again, just off the top of my head.

Every time you buy a halal product a christian is beheaded.

Also it means it has no pork contamination, for example in many food industries the same plant processes tons different products. So you occasionally have gluten in milk for example or peanuts in chocolate. So they need to be labeled for people with allergies and shit.

I was once at a KFC in Europa when the guy in front of me asked if the chicken was halal.

The worker was like yes, but the guy was suspicious and asked to see some sort of proof. Then the worker pointed up at the wall and there was a certificate there saying the food is halal and all was good with colonel.

Wasn't as bad as my experience at a kosher hot dog stand in new york though.

Foreign packaging always looks different than American packaged foods.

Something about always makes me think "this is from another country"

I have noticed a lot of food products sold locally in my country have this Halal Seal, even biscuits have the Halal sea.

What does this certify that the sweet biscuits don't have pork? Who the hell puts pork in biscuits anyway?

Is it true that for every product that you purchase with Halal certification a small percentage of the income goes to the Muslim foundation?

I took a pic of a pack of crackers
2871493409555806025%253Faccount_id%253D1

7357796260362106481%253Faccount_id%253D1
I just received this email the other day lol..

'
A WARNING FROM DICK SMITH:
You may be aware that " Dick Smith " chain stores are being
pressured by the Islamic Council of Australia to gain 'Halal Certification'
otherwise they will be proscribed and banned from Muslim custom.

This is their response:

A MESSAGE FROM DICK SMITH.
"We at Dick Smith 's have received a number of letters from people asking if we will be putting the Muslim Halal logo on our food.

To acquire Halal certification, payment is required to the Islamic Council and involves a number of site inspections of both our growers and processors in order to ensure that our practices comply with the conditions of Halal certification.

This does not reflect the quality of food being processed or sold – it only means that the products are approved as being prepared in accordance with the traditions of the Muslim faith.

We are aware of an increasing number of large companies both in Australia and overseas, such as Kraft and Cadbury, who have obtained accreditation to use the Halal logo. We don’t believe they have done this because of any religious commitment but rather for purely commercial reasons.

Perhaps these large organizations can afford to do this.

While we have a choice, we would prefer to avoid increasing the cost of our products in order to pay for Halal accreditation when this money would be better spent continuing to support important charitable causes where assistance is greatly needed.

We point out that we have never been asked to put a Christian symbol (or religious symbol) on our food requiring that we send money to a Christian organization for the right to do so.
Others would add that money paid to ANY Muslim 'organization' (and you had better believe it: these people ARE 'organized') can easily find its way into the hands of Islamic extremist-fanatics and murderers.

What other assurances do we accept from Muslims? Oh, that's right, 'Islam is a religion of PEACE'! How less Australian can companies get, than to place money into the hands of those who seek to exploit us?"

This is an example of how the leaders of Muslims in Aus./NZ. are bullying large commercial organizations (especially in the food industry) into paying what is no more than blatant extortion money. The amazing part is that these weak-kneed organizations (Cadbury/ Schweppes/ Nestles/ Kraft etc.) actually pay the large sums demanded by these self-appointed religious bureaucrats.

Of course, the manufacturers promptly pass this levy on to consumers as cost increases. Next time you buy a block of Cadbury's chocolate, look for the Halal Certification seal on the wrapper. So, regardless of your own religious faith, you end up subsidizing Islam.

Several state jurisdictions are under pressure to adopt or permit Sharia Law in Marriage, Family and Property matters and some, progressively liberal, are permitting this. This has already happened in some local authorities in the U.K. Google the U.K. Education Department's current investigation into the conduct of Muslim-run schools in the Birmingham area of England.

How many more warnings do people need?
Check the produce on the shelf and don't buy anything Muslim extorted

Dick Smith relies on nationalism to sell his products and doesn't export. Hence the appeal to ugly nationalism with the "halal" nonsense, mirroring One Nation and other similar idiots.
Halal Certification, Kosher Certification, Vegan Certification, Non-GMO Certification... the systems are essentially the same.

"Please be aware that there is a hoax email being distributed on social media networks. It has been circulating for some time now and although most people are aware that it is hoax. There are others who believe it to be true and keep sharing it. Our view on Halal certification is as stated above only. Please help us put a stop to this hoax by advising anyone who shares it that it is not Dick Smith's view on the subject. Thank you."

"We have received a number of letters from people asking if we will be putting the Muslim Halal logo on our food.

To acquire Halal certification, payment is required to the endorsing body and involves a number of site inspections of both our growers and processors in order to ensure that our practices comply with the conditions of Halal certification. It is important to note that this does not reflect the quality of the food being processed or sold – it only means that the products are approved as being prepared in accordance with the traditions of the Muslim faith.

We are aware of an increasing number of large companies both in Australia and overseas, such as Kraft and Cadbury, who have obtained accreditation to use the Halal logo. We don’t believe they have done this because of any religious commitment but rather for purely commercial reasons. Perhaps these large organisations can afford to do this. While we have a choice however, we would prefer to avoid unnecessarily increasing the cost of our products in order to pay for Halal accreditation when this money would be better spent continuing to support important charitable causes where assistance is greatly needed."

http://www.dicksmithfoods.com.au/me...-our-food-also-see-our-hoax-information-below

I guess it's like "Kosher".
In Israel you have "Kosher" seals on every imaginable product, and there are different types of Kosher too.
For example, you have "Kasher Halavi" which translates to "Dairy Kosher", it means that the product has or may have touched milk/dairy, and that the milk itself was Kosher.
You can even have Kosher seals on stuff like toothpaste.
Religious people are very strict about the products they consume, and they need some sort of verification that it's fine to consume.
It's quite a struggle for religious Jews to eat abroad, cause they need to look for the Kosher seal.

Foreign packaging always looks different than American packaged foods.

Something about always makes me think "this is from another country"

I have noticed US food packaging has a different vibe but It is hard to explain.

Do Asian food packaging looks goofy?

I was once at a KFC in Europa when the guy in front of me asked if the chicken was halal.

The worker was like yes, but the guy was suspicious and asked to see some sort of proof. Then the worker pointed up at the wall and there was a certificate there saying the food is halal and all was good with colonel.

Wasn't as bad as my experience at a kosher hot dog stand in new york though.

Ah some Muslims really take it too seriously the Muslims that I know eats anything as long as it is not pork or dog they dont care about the certification.

I just received this email the other day lol..

'
A WARNING FROM DICK SMITH:
You may be aware that " Dick Smith " chain stores are being
pressured by the Islamic Council of Australia to gain 'Halal Certification'
otherwise they will be proscribed and banned from Muslim custom.

This is their response:

A MESSAGE FROM DICK SMITH.
"We at Dick Smith 's have received a number of letters from people asking if we will be putting the Muslim Halal logo on our food.

To acquire Halal certification, payment is required to the Islamic Council and involves a number of site inspections of both our growers and processors in order to ensure that our practices comply with the conditions of Halal certification.

This does not reflect the quality of food being processed or sold – it only means that the products are approved as being prepared in accordance with the traditions of the Muslim faith.

We are aware of an increasing number of large companies both in Australia and overseas, such as Kraft and Cadbury, who have obtained accreditation to use the Halal logo. We don’t believe they have done this because of any religious commitment but rather for purely commercial reasons.

Perhaps these large organizations can afford to do this.

While we have a choice, we would prefer to avoid increasing the cost of our products in order to pay for Halal accreditation when this money would be better spent continuing to support important charitable causes where assistance is greatly needed.

We point out that we have never been asked to put a Christian symbol (or religious symbol) on our food requiring that we send money to a Christian organization for the right to do so.
Others would add that money paid to ANY Muslim 'organization' (and you had better believe it: these people ARE 'organized') can easily find its way into the hands of Islamic extremist-fanatics and murderers.

What other assurances do we accept from Muslims? Oh, that's right, 'Islam is a religion of PEACE'! How less Australian can companies get, than to place money into the hands of those who seek to exploit us?"

This is an example of how the leaders of Muslims in Aus./NZ. are bullying large commercial organizations (especially in the food industry) into paying what is no more than blatant extortion money. The amazing part is that these weak-kneed organizations (Cadbury/ Schweppes/ Nestles/ Kraft etc.) actually pay the large sums demanded by these self-appointed religious bureaucrats.

Of course, the manufacturers promptly pass this levy on to consumers as cost increases. Next time you buy a block of Cadbury's chocolate, look for the Halal Certification seal on the wrapper. So, regardless of your own religious faith, you end up subsidizing Islam.

Several state jurisdictions are under pressure to adopt or permit Sharia Law in Marriage, Family and Property matters and some, progressively liberal, are permitting this. This has already happened in some local authorities in the U.K. Google the U.K. Education Department's current investigation into the conduct of Muslim-run schools in the Birmingham area of England.

How many more warnings do people need?
Check the produce on the shelf and don't buy anything Muslim extorted

Its their way to implement Jizya

I guess it's like "Kosher".
In Israel you have "Kosher" seals on every imaginable product, and there are different types of Kosher too.
For example, you have "Kasher Halavi" which translates to "Dairy Kosher", it means that the product has or may have touched milk/dairy, and that the milk itself was Kosher.
You can even have Kosher seals on stuff like toothpaste.
Religious people are very strict about the products they consume, and they need some sort of verification that it's fine to consume.
It's quite a struggle for religious Jews to eat abroad, cause they need to look for the Kosher seal.

A Jewish woman became hostile and thretened to sue me and US Airways after I told her we no longer offer Kosher meals on domestic flights she went all with the anti semitism conspiracy.

Dick Smith relies on nationalism to sell his products and doesn't export. Hence the appeal to ugly nationalism with the "halal" nonsense, mirroring One Nation and other similar idiots.
Halal Certification, Kosher Certification, Vegan Certification, Non-GMO Certification... the systems are essentially the same.
pretty much. it's a very true blue company and they're posturing.

but, a lot of the Indians, Chinese and Muslims tend to go to their respective specialty stores where they can have community and the proper ingredients. Whether or not a company like Dick Smith gets into the halal business doesn't really matter.

I have noticed US food packaging has a different vibe but It is hard to explain.

Do Asian food packaging looks goofy?

Ah some Muslims really take it too seriously the Muslims that I know eats anything as long as it is not pork or dog they dont care about the certification.

Lol yes, it has a completely different vibe.

There is such a thing, and it's made just to fuck with Muslims.

Speaking of what China thinks of Muslims, I loled at this thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...eekers-going-to-china.3080675/#post-109755127
-- Ramadan is banned and Chinese restaurants must stay open during this fast.

- Muslim prayer meetings and other religious practices are banned in Chinese government buildings, schools, and business offices in China’s Xinjiang region as reported in The Times of India.

- Religious activities are now restricted to take place only in houses of worship, such as Mosques.

- $4,880 fines will be imposed on mobile phones users, and using the Internet to disseminate messages that undermine national unity, social stability or incite ethnic hatred.

- Female head dresses are banned in conformity with Chinese legislators who have repeatedly said that burqas “are not a national dress of Muslims.” They’re justifying their new laws based on several other countries, such as France and Belgium who have enacted similar bans based on public safety concerns.

- Men with long beards are banned from riding public transportation: Chinese have suffered numerous terrorist attacks from both Muslim men with long beards, women, men in disguise wearing burkas, that obscures their appearance and suicide belts.

- The ‘spot beard-get paid’ initiative will pay up to $8,000 for information to citizens who turn in a Muslim that breaks the rules, as reported by the Wallstreet Journal.

- Islamic restaurants in China must sell alcohol and cigarettes and these items must be displayed for sale or these restaurants will be force to shut down.

- Muslims cannot wear clothing or logos associated with extremism. No ISIS flags or patches allowed.

- Muslim personal phones may also no longer be used to study the Koran or practice religious hymns.

A Jewish woman became hostile and thretened to sue me and US Airways after I told her we no longer offer Kosher meals on domestic flights she went all with the anti semitism conspiracy.
Fuck her, but I understand where it's coming from...
Not being able to eat the food on the flight sucks.

Yeah nothing worse than a not-for-profit deciding not to support an insane and violent ideology, right?

You're mentally sick, mate.

Back