Had my first Barbershop Shave...

I haven't tried either.....just getting used to my safety razor first. My goal is to be able shave my head in the shower with a straight blade.

That's on my bucket list - as soon as I start going bald I want to get a cutthroat from neck to neck! BTW pics on your first attempt.

Only if I can snap a photo whilst putting pressure on jugular cut I will make.

My gf got me a royal shave at the Art of Shaving. The pampering process was awesome but the shave was mediocre. The guy was just letting it fly in attempt to get a BBS shave and it left my face raw and irritated the next day.

Purely anecdotal but I figured I would throw my hat into the ring.

Learn to do it yourself. Very gratifying.

And it was freaking awesome! Best shave I've probably ever had. Only question I ask myself is, why did I wait to come to America on vacation to get it done? Obviously all the time would be a costly exercise but before a big occasion it's sure as hell worth it.

Anyone else get barbershop shaves?

i had my first barbershop shave earlier this week and it was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

I loved it, they brush that cream on your face, and then you can feel the sharpness of the blade right up against your skin, but it feels tingly and just great. Then they put the hot towel on your face and you just feel so fresh!!

I'm definitely gonna get a barbership shave every time I get a haircut now. It was just great!

i had my first barbershop shave earlier this week and it was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

I loved it, they brush that cream on your face, and then you can feel the sharpness of the blade right up against your skin, but it feels tingly and just great. Then they put the hot towel on your face and you just feel so fresh!!

I'm definitely gonna get a barbership shave every time I get a haircut now. It was just great!

You guy have all the great wet shaving stuff out in England.

I just switched to a safety razor and it is amazing. I am still interested in getting a shave at the barber though.

Nice. Check out my sig. Join us. Also, you should check the the wet shavers thread.

Gref, what does BBS stand for?

I'd use a straight razor but my skin just doesn't let up with acne production. Sucks. My dad told me like him it will go into the mid twenties. Only three more years...

Was it an asian, black, or white (maybe other) barber shop? Serious question.

Back