Had my 1st BJJ class- Awesome

MMAFAN05

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Last night I had my first BJJ class. thought it was awesome. The exercises the first 15 min. of class kicked my butt We learned a lot in just the first class. I can see why everyone is so psyched about BJJ. If anyone out here is just thinking of joining BJJ....DO IT. At least go for the free class to check it out, you won't be dissapointed. (sp?).

Good job getting into a class!

What school and instructor was it, so you can give them some good recognition?

if you don't stick with it, force your son to love the shit, make him develop....MAKE HIM THE NEXT FUCKING PRODIGY, BJ Penn who?

But yea man, glad you enjoy it, stick with it and learn a few things.

glad to hear about you taking your first class. that would be cool if you both stuck with it.

Congratulations on it man, it'll be good to you. It's cool too that you and your boy are doing things like this together, I'm still trying to get my pops to roll with me (hehe).

MMAFAN05 said:
Last night I had my first BJJ class. (well my 14 yr. old boy and I). We thought it was awesome. The exercises the first 15 min. of class kicked my butt (but my kid handled it well) We learned a lot in just the first class. I can see why everyone is so psyched about BJJ. If anyone out here is just thinking of joining BJJ....DO IT. At least go for the free class to check it out, you won't be dissapointed. (sp?).
one lucky son, my father was and still is against me taking Jiu Jitsu. and my first experience was no different than your's. I'm glad you and your son had enjoyed it.
-Jon

Aesopian said:
Good job getting into a class!

What school and instructor was it, so you can give them some good recognition?
I study at Corral's Martial Arts in Schererville, Indiana. The instructor Braulio Corral (www.c3fighter.com) trained under Marcello Monteiro. I did some research before I joined, and it is the best place to train in the area. His students do well in tournaments. The students that go there are real cool, there are no "ego's" in class. Everyone there is more than willing to help you out, so you can learn as much as possible. Will stick with it, I don't have plans on competing

Back