Had Dan NOT stopped the fight, that gash would've gone up to his eyeballs

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lol I can't imagine any sane person being upset with that stoppage. Not only was there the nasty ass cut, AO was visibly DONE. Not to mention, seemed pretty obvious it was 2-2 AND Roz was winning the 5th before the KO.

Had Dan not stopped the fight, AO would literally not have any skin on his face.

Yep, that's one of the nastiest cuts you'll ever see in fighting. Makes the Diaz cut in the BMF fight look like a paper cut.

Dan checked Reem, saw the cut and called it off. He didn't wave it off because he was out of it. Notice he moves to check on Reem as he walks away, sees the cut and immediately waves it off.

I keep saying that chunk of his face gets mopped up off the floor

How would he do that with 4 seconds left and him walking in the wrong direction.

it was a BS stoppage

How would he do that with 4 seconds left and him walking in the wrong direction.

it was a BS stoppage

All it would've taken was one or two more punches. 4 seconds is plenty of enough time for that.

Roz wouldn't have landed another strike.. Overeem wins 48-47

Lol I can't imagine any sane person being upset with that stoppage. Not only was there the nasty ass cut, AO was visibly DONE. Not to mention, seemed pretty obvious it was 2-2 AND Roz was winning the 5th before the KO.

Had Dan not stopped the fight, AO would literally not have any skin on his face.
2-2?
You think landing punches on Reem's arm wins a fight?

He didn't have enough time to follow up. Reem wasn't out. He was about to be out, and some ground and pound would have finished him easily, but that didn't happen. Shouldn't have been stopped.

As a Just Bleed fan, I'm not seeing the problem here. Sacrifices have to be made for the blood gods.

Who was the guy that Robbie stopped cuz a cut?

Yep, that's one of the nastiest cuts you'll ever see in fighting. Makes the Diaz cut in the BMF fight look like a paper cut.

Dan checked Reem, saw the cut and called it off. He didn't wave it off because he was out of it. Notice he moves to check on Reem as he walks away, sees the cut and immediately waves it off.
But Reem was in no danger of the cut getting worse since his opponent was walking away.

The cut alone was enough to stop the fight immediately. The amount of time left should play zero role is the decision.

I agree the gash would of gotten worse but not much considering 4 seconds was left

Was the ref gonna punch Overeem in the face? Because Rozenstruik certainly wasn't in the position to do it.

Anyone who doesn't agree that was a fight stopping cut is an idiot. Doesn't matter if 5 seconds or 5 minutes are left. The fight is immediately over.

What I love is that if this exact same thing happens with 30 seconds left in the fight nobody has a problem with the stoppage. But everybody's hung up on the whole 4 seconds thing, as if no strikes or damage or anything is supposed to count with under a certain amount of time left in a round. :rolleyes:

Anyone who doesn't agree that was a fight stopping cut is an idiot. Doesn't matter if 5 seconds or 5 minutes are left. The fight is immediately over.
5 minutes or 5 seconds does make a difference though. Especially when the opponent is walking away. You stop a fight because you don't want the cut to get worse. The cut wasn't going to get worse so there's no reason to stop it.

The stoppage wasn’t bad but the execution was terrible. Dan should make a call, he saw reem get dropped and rosenstruik walkoff. He tried grabbing at struik, then went grabbing at reem, then waved it off. He shouldn’t be grabbing at the fighters unless he’s stopping it and if not let reem run up behind him if capable

5 minutes or 5 seconds does make a difference though. Especially when the opponent is walking away. You stop a fight because you don't want the cut to get worse. The cut wasn't going to get worse so there's no reason to stop it.

Its stated In every org, in ever combat sport, and over and over, that the bell can not save a fighter.

Literally every poll and agrees that Reem was done. Their argument is the bell would of saved him when its explicitly stated that that can not h as ppen.

Back