Had a guy accidentally Gogoplata himself with me today.

Yooooouuuu guys... are HILARIOUS! Keep em coming, oh masters of wit!

BTW that kid isn't a real black belt, its a junior belt, and he's been training longer then most people on Earth who train JiuJitsu and deserves some credit. He'll be getting a real one when he's 18, so thats like... 11 years or so?

Travesty I know, will surely shock the BJJ world TO ITS CORE!!!

Lol Don't believe half of what you see, and less of what you hear.

Yeeeeah, American style belt system, not traditional, really its no big whoop, but it pisses off the traditionalists. I personally could go either way on the issue.

C'est la vie.
It doesn't piss off traditionalists. It pisses off anyone who hates the mcdojo bullshit that goes on in martial arts.

Yeah I think it'll be harder for people to take your posts seriously now.

Yooooouuuu guys... are HILARIOUS! Keep em coming, oh masters of wit!

BTW that kid isn't a real black belt, its a junior belt, and he's been training longer then most people on Earth who train JiuJitsu and deserves some credit. He'll be getting a real one when he's 18, so thats like... 11 years or so?

Travesty I know, will surely shock the BJJ world TO ITS CORE!!!

Lol Don't believe half of what you see, and less of what you hear.
Dude...Klay is all about the dollar bill. He's a legit black belt but he cares more about the $$$ and retention then the traditional belt system. We have guys from his school i train with that were embarrassed and removed their brown belts and put on blue belts when they came in.

Hey sweet join dates almost everyone talking mess! :D

I feel like this post got taken the wrong way, because I put in "Bam", so Bam? ya it's bam. Bam has been removed. I just thought it was super random, cause I haven't seen it in 8 years. Don't be so salty ya trolls. ;)
Now you can just continue to gripe about the belt system if that floats your boat.

Factors I consider when joining a gym:

1. Is the instruction world class? Check

2. Is it in my town? Check

Everything else is of minor concern to me. Y'all seem way too concerned about the cloth around your waist then learning Jiujitsu. Who gives a shit?

Nice strawman and de facto projection.

No one gives a fuck what your scumbag instructor does. The fact is -- since they have decided to change the belt system to some McMierda nonsense where two year olds get 'black belts' -- they are the ones that are so concerned. They augmented the basic system that is already widely accepted to create revenue from dopes.

There is no such thing as a tween black belt. Grow up.

Nice strawman and de facto projection.

No one gives a fuck what your scumbag instructor does. The fact is -- since they have decided to change the belt system to some McMierda nonsense where two year olds get 'black belts' -- they are the ones that are so concerned. They augmented the basic system that is already widely accepted to create revenue from dopes.

There is no such thing as a tween black belt. Grow up.

Than what happens to these kids when they grow up? Do we demote them down purples since they aren't good enough to have regular black belt compared to adults? Of course not. So now you've got a bunch of black belts that are below the skill level they should have. This kind of shit is part of what turned most TMA's into a joke, once it became more about money than about developing talent.

I've been the unwitting victim of some pretty goofy self-submissions when I was deepest into my 'flexible BJJ guy' phase. I've never gogo'd myself, but I've been triangled with my own leg while going for a waiter sweep in deep half, and leglocked myself while reaping my opponent's leg rolling for a calf slicer.

Our join dates are in the American System.

It's really not a big deal.

You wouldn't understand.

Join dates only bother traditionalists. True martial artists are above such things.

[YT]7t8xwpW8gJQ[/YT]

Gogoplata? shit ain't nothig. Today a 16 year old girl tried rolling with me, and i promptly got her in a boston crab. Have you ever seen some of the stuff the GOAT (Dan the Wolfman) does to those asians he outweighs by 100 pounds? Step up your game OP.

Back