Had a guy accidentally Gogoplata himself with me today.

Train.Harder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So what happened was that I was rolling with a fairly athletic, fairly frantic orange belt, and he picked me up in closed guard a little bit and slammed me a little bit, no big deal.

Then I open guard and was climbing my legs up his back and pulled one over for a mission control type move when he tried to shirk them off and pass when I was reaching behind his head and for whatever reason had grabbed my foot, and he just stuck his head in between my instep and wrist...

Gogoplata.

I wasn't trying to do this and I've never attempted one, much less hit one. To elaborate this story was simply to point out the absurdity of Gogoing oneself, something i've never seen in my 8 years on the mat.

How random right? Accidental Gogoplatas... LoL.

Last edited:
Only gogo I ever hit in live rolling,

I sold out for an armbar when I had his back I lost it and he turned in. My shin slid under his neck, his momentum plus me pulling down forced a quick pain tap.

Why you bragging about tapping out kids bro?

How in any way is this bragging BRO? It was more about the randomness of accidentally getting into such a ridiculous submission.

Sigh...

Unless your joking, damn texts and internet forums makes it so hard to tell. There are serious flaws in communication via computer texts...

Last edited:
One time this 12 year old was being an annoying, insufferable douche so i mounted gogoplated him lol

I definitely bragged about it because of how butt hurt he got

Yeeeeah, American style belt system, not traditional, really its no big whoop, but it pisses off the traditionalists. I personally could go either way on the issue.

C'est la vie.

No, those are kid belt colors. Lol.

One time this 12 year old was being an annoying, insufferable douche so i mounted gogoplated him lol

One time, an 8 year old basically pulled half guard on me, so I snatched a kimura and tore off his arm.

Definitely bragged about it on F12.

My 5 year old brother wrestles so he tried some takedown on me once, naturally I laughed at his weak attempt, osoto garied him hard on the wooden floor and heelhooked him until his knee exploded.

I'm bragging about it on F12 now.

TS is strong. He deserves respect from F12.

Thread starter trains under Klay Pittman who has an 11 year old BLACK belt.

Pittman promotes people to black belt in 2-3 years for adults.

Thread starter trains under Klay Pittman who has an 11 year old BLACK belt.

Pittman promotes people to black belt in 2-3 years for adults.

Kid black belts, adults with kid belts. Makes sense.

Yeeeeah, American style belt system, not traditional, really its no big whoop, but it pisses off the traditionalists. I personally could go either way on the issue.

C'est la vie.

It's not the American system. It's unique to specific instructor.

I've hit maybe 10 go go's in my grappling career, probably 8 of them were in scrambles where the opponent did as much to set it up as I did.

If you omopalata alot you will get opportunties to gogo..

I beat up a 10 year old and stole his twizzlers

this was at the playground not jiu jitsu

Back