Habits that make you look older?

Funny this thread came up, I just read about a recent study that shows moisturizing actually makes your skin age faster.

sun screen is better for you

ive smoked for 10 years and look like a child still..

i started growing a beard and for a few months i kept it. I shaved it right before i headed out on new years and i felt 15 years old again.

Funny this thread came up, I just read about a recent study that shows moisturizing actually makes your skin age faster.

tumblrlvjwie1qjs1r3gb3zo1400.gif

Brb, throwing moisturizing creams in the trash

but when i shaved i didn't look like a bum.

It wasn't about looking like a bum either way. First you looked normal then you looked like a bum and probably a bit older. Not that I've seen you. It's not a fail proof way to look older, I have to admit. Some do, some don't.

brock_lesnar_training_b.jpg

Brock-Lesnar-With-Beard.jpg

I think Brock does.

tumblrlvjwie1qjs1r3gb3zo1400.gif

Brb, throwing moisturizing creams in the trash

most lotions have alcohol in them, which dries the hell out of your skin.

i've heard semen is good for your skin. or maybe that's just something i made up. i can't remember :icon_lol:

Sauce?

The Mayo Clinic is still endorsing moisturizer:

February 24, 2012
Dear Mayo Clinic:
I'm a 42-year-old woman, and lately I've noticed more wrinkles starting to show on my face. Ads for "amazing" anti-wrinkle potions are everywhere. Is there anything that will really work to lessen the wrinkles I have and prevent new ones from appearing?

Answer:
Wrinkles are a normal part of aging. Although you can't eliminate wrinkles completely, you can take steps to make them less noticeable.

Two big risk factors for developing wrinkles are aging and ultraviolet light. You cannot control the aging process, but you can reduce your exposure to ultraviolent light. The best thing you can do for your skin is to habitually use sunscreen on all exposed body parts. On days you are not out in the sun for long periods, use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 to 30. When you spend time outdoors on a sunny day, use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 to 50.

Smoking is a significant risk factor for developing wrinkles, in addition to being bad for your health in many other dangerous ways. Smoking has by-products that break down the collagen and elastin that help support the tissue in your skin. That can speed up the aging process and make your skin more wrinkled. If you are worried about how your skin looks and you smoke, you should stop.

Another key step to reducing wrinkles is to keep your skin well moisturized. Dry skin creates wrinkles. Use a high-quality moisturizer on your skin twice a day, once in the morning and once at night before you go to bed.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-edge-newspaper-2012/feb-24a.html

Maybe if you live in Miami or something, you may as well not use moisturiser. If it's cold and dry I don't see how it's worse than letting your skin crack.

Well if I don't use moisturizer in the winter, I'll go full on Freddie Kruger.

That makes me look a bit older.

Maybe if you live in Miami or something, you may as well not use moisturiser. If it's cold and dry I don't see how it's worse than letting your skin crack.

how about using aloe, cocoa butter, or coconut oil?

As the tilt says, what habits make u age faster?

Biggest question - does smoking cigarettes really make you look older faster?

Yes, smoking is just about the worst thing out there for making your skin age faster.

Other factors include sun exposure, stress, drinking, lack of physical activity, obesity, and (obviously) drug use.

"Some of the worst vices of people include smoking and drinking. They

ive smoked for 10 years and look like a child still..

i started growing a beard and for a few months i kept it. I shaved it right before i headed out on new years and i felt 15 years old again.

Yeah, I've smoked off and on for about 13 years or so and I've always looked really young for my age but I've noticed real wrinkles forming around my eyes now. Funny, I've quit a few times and health was never enough of a motivating factor to keep me off of the cigarettes, maybe vanity will.

Yeah, I've smoked off and on for about 13 years or so and I've always looked really young for my age but I've noticed real wrinkles forming around my eyes now. Funny, I've quit a few times and health was never enough of a motivating factor to keep me off of the cigarettes, maybe vanity will.

how old are ya if you dont mind me asking?

ive never tried to quit and dont see myself quiting anytime soon as im still young. (26)

but i agree if it starts to affect my looks then its got to go!

Meth will age you quickly. Drugs are generally bad for you all around.

Cigarettes, drug abuse, alcohol, tanning, eating red meat, and not exercising all make you age faster.

I heard straining too hard while shitting adds 5-10years in your facial features.

Is this true?

i've heard of people dying on the can because they were having some serious trouble with a stubborn bowel movement.

Pretty sure any beach hobby will age you due to the Sun always blasting your face.

I heard straining too hard while shitting adds 5-10years in your facial features.

Is this true?

Not sure, but I DO know that driving around our area will make you age faster. Too much damn traffic for such an area that is not that big...

Back