gyms with bad vibes

Maybe your friend acted like a dick, so the coach wailed on him. Shit like that happens. But when it does it shows how unprofessional and undisciplined those coaches are.

my friend is a real placid guy, he just thought it would be a good place to get fir like tae bo or whatever.
i can understand when a guy rolls up thinking he is hot shit, my old bjj coach busted up a guy because he turned up wearing his judo black belt then wanting to wear it doing bjj.
i heard the guys attitude at the kickboxing club is he beats the shit out of you the first night and if you come back your the sort of person he wants training there.

There's no way I'd be intimidated out of a really awesome gym by the existing clientele.

I can't even picture a public gym where multiple people would ask you if you thought you were tough or wanted to fight completely out of the blue, though.

its a well known place for wannabe gangsters and drug dealers. i was wearing a gracie barra combat team t shirt that i got for representing my old club. i didnt think anything of it as i use it as a training top.

No I have never been challenged to a fight at gym...If you are seriously at a place like that keep your head down and train you're ass off. you are in there for yourself and noone else matters.

No I wouldn't know, as my gym is perfect

One time I asked for a spot and I was told that nothing under 300 for reps got a spot in that gym. Then they gave me a spot

It's never happened to me but I've been to mma gyms that I thought were being overly rough with new guys. You could tell the new guys weren't comfortable with it and those guys typically never return. Kind of sad really. I think this is fewer and further between as the sport grows but it still goes on.

I've never experienced anything close to this in a gym that was just for lifting though.

I lifted regularly at a community center in the shitty part of town for months. Plenty of creeps but not once did someone ever try to threaten or start a fight with me. That's pretty over the top.

No I have never been challenged to a fight at gym...If you are seriously at a place like that keep your head down and train you're ass off. you are in there for yourself and noone else matters.
Pretty much this. I'm kinda curious as to how you handled the situation though, TS.

Back