Gym fees comparisons

I would go with the first or at least try it out.

You don't have to be a former world champ to be a good coach, and that one seems to have what you are really looking for, more space, more programs, it's closer, and more cost efficient.

But hard to base it all on just cost. How do you mesh with the people? Do any of them offer trials where you could get a feel for that before committing? Which one felt right?

I would go with the first or at least try it out.

You don't have to be a former world champ to be a good coach, and that one seems to have what you are really looking for, more space, more programs, it's closer, and more cost efficient.

But hard to base it all on just cost. How do you mesh with the people? Do any of them offer trials where you could get a feel for that before committing? Which one felt right?

I enjoyed my trials at both...the first gym gave me 1 week ..the second one i did a single private session with one of the coaches..the first gym the coaches werent approaching me as much as i approached them the second gym it was alittle more inviting...but it could be cuz it was smaller

U brought up some good points though thanks for answering i want to see the third gym before deciding 100% .

Chemistry is important for me for sure

How is your standup? You should take a class drop in class first before you commit. Some people might be world champions but they can't teach for shit. You can have a person who never competed before but they understand the game well. You should pick a school that suits your style and body type. Check out the gym's competition team and how they do in their local shows.

How is your standup? You should take a class drop in class first before you commit. Some people might be world champions but they can't teach for shit. You can have a person who never competed before but they understand the game well. You should pick a school that suits your style and body type. Check out the gym's competition team and how they do in their local shows.

Thanks for the response...my stand up is decent, would definitely need cleaning up and would benefit from striking based coaching as most of previous training was combined grappling and striking art ( Japanese Jiujitsu)...

That said i agree world champion doesnt necessarily mean good coach ...i did do a private session with one coach there (not the world champion) i liked him and got along good ...found it intriguing... probably would like to train or do a group class with the world champion to see his style of teaching this is a good point.. probably will ask to attend one next week as im setting the third gym visit

That said i agree world champion doesnt necessarily mean good coach
World champions are often terrible coaches. And while some of them are decent coaches, the very best coaches are never world champions.

There are 2 flaws great fighters tend to have when transitioning to coaching:
- They tend to know only one way to train, which is basically the way they trained, even if it doesn't suit everyone.
- They tend to assume other people could just do the things they did and would just tell you to do them as opposed to help you get there step by step.

World champions are often terrible coaches. And while some of them are decent coaches, the very best coaches are never world champions.

There are 2 flaws great fighters tend to have when transitioning to coaching:
- They tend to know only one way to train, which is basically the way they trained, even if it doesn't suit everyone.
- They tend to assume other people could just do the things they did and would just tell you to do them as opposed to help you get their step by step.
quoting this for emphasis. I’ve seen this first hand from a lot of fighters-turned-coaches

How's everything going?
Bud, life is mostly fine. I have begun performing live performances of whatever the fuck I decide, nightly on my walks home. The other night I performed "Greatest Hits" by Sublime in the parking lot of a high end steak house on the corner of the other side of the highway. Idk if anyone enjoyed it or not, my guess would be they probably enjoyed it a great deal.

I hope you're well, bud.

Bud, life is mostly fine. I have begun performing live performances of whatever the fuck I decide, nightly on my walks home. The other night I performed "Greatest Hits" by Sublime in the parking lot of a high end steak house on the corner of the other side of the highway. Idk if anyone enjoyed it or not, my guess would be they probably enjoyed it a great deal.

I hope you're well, bud.

Haha nice, why not, if it's something you enjoy that's cool.

Yeah doing well, can't complain. Basically same shit different day.
Just glad the weather is nice.

Gym #1 is literally the only option. You can’t fight mma without training mma and wrestling.

Do they have an mma fight team? With good fighters?

You should definitely drop the names of the gyms so we can look it up

@Paolo Delutis UFC 285 just reminded us what happens when wrestlers fight non-wrestlers. The non wrestlers get fucked up. You need wrestling. Not just a bit but a lot.

There's a real possibility i will be splitting my time between Gym 1 and GYM 3 ...as i seem to have a natural draw/connection with the coach in GYM 3 i can sense his passion and can relate... But GYM 1 for the price and amenities is hard to beat...thanks for the post brother... Just looking to see how i will afford this option/opportunity should be beginning soon though

Back