guys 37 and older question

I'm 35. Train 4 or 5, unless I'm sick or injured.

To anyone 37 and older. How many days do you train on the mat?

Postwhore....lol. I'm 37, currently spend 3 days a week on the mat and 5 days stand-up. Plan to increase mat training to 6 days a week in the near future.

u guys are sooo old. nah jk, i commend u guys for training at an older age.

i'm 20 and sometimes i get annoyed when i don't train because i feel like i'm running out of time. silly, i know

I'll be 37 in January and train 4-5 times a week plus my 3 days of conditoning.

Almost 50. If you include instructing (hey, there's a bit of workout involved :icon_chee) five days a week. If you mean days with solid randori and sparring, three days - body takes too long to recover to do it more than that.

If you're older, you should probably do weights at least a couple times a week. Not necessarily to get stronger, but to prevent injuries - ask any sports physiologist.

39 in October, train BJJ for 3 to 4 times and various other (weights, plyometrics, yoga and BW exercises) training 3 to 4 times a week a week for six months, take about two months off to weight train and get cardio up and coach high school wrestling team for four months 5 days a week and I do everything the kids do, hence the need for the two months to get in shape before wrestling.

I'm 40 and I train BJJ about 4 or five times a week. I have a great work schedule so if I'm not working on tues and thurs. I get to go to class in morning and evening . Those days I take a 3 or so mile jog in the afternoon.

41 and 3 days a week. My body could do more except for my damned hands. It takes me a day before I can make a fist again.

37 in a couple of months and it varies on my work schedule and what i'm getting ready for. almost everyday doing some type of s&c work. 4-5 days a week grappling, with one day being a two a day.

it means lots of recovery tricks to help me in between the workouts.

I'm 42, I train 2-3 days a week. Our club only trains 3 days a week. I also do a couple of days of weight training and a day or two of cardio. If other parts of my life get in the way though all of that gets cut back. Minumum is 2 days of BJJ.

41 and 3 days a week. My body could do more except for my damned hands. It takes me a day before I can make a fist again.

My elbows do the same thing, a hard day of rolling and I can't bend them for a couple days at least.

I actually train almost every day of the week. I don't roll hard a lot and I have a variety of stuff I do so the same body parts aren't getting worked every day. General recovery is starting to become an issue but so far I just train through it although I know the day is coming when no juggling act of my workouts etc is going to delay the inevitably more frequent rest days.

Back