Gustaffson Post Fight Interview

I'm not making a big fuss, I'm just pointing out you come across as a 12 year old child when you respond to someones opinion in such a way. But carry on, do your thing, just dont be surprised that people judge you as stupid when you do.

And no the debate isn't over sweetcheeks, use your eyes. Plenty of people arguing about it and will be for a while. So you should probably get use to it.

"I'm not making a fuss", two or three pages on the issue of "suck it" which i just explained to you was a term meaning "To endure a period of mental, physical, or emotional hardship with no complaining." would suggest otherwise. It was meant as a bit of banter.

"And no the debate isn't over sweetcheeks, use your eyes. Plenty of people arguing about it and will be for a while. So you should probably get use to it." I was referring to our debate "sweet cheeks". I'm very use to it which is why i gave my opinion on the discussion.

It wasnt until I played an online game with my colleague and his 8 year old son that I realised that people like Blizzardz might actually be little 8-12 year old kids. They use the exact kind of logic and language. "suck it" "butthurt" etc.

Gus is a very polite and respectful person, and he really surprised a lot of people (myself included) with his spectacular performance tonight. I don't think he won the fight, but he came very close to winning it up until the 4th round.

Even though he lost the fight, his stock went up big time, in my opinion.

Jones and Gus put up a performance that is a potential fight of the year. Much respect to two warriors.

It's one in the morning, i'm off to sleep. Suck it butt hurt fans it was a great fight with Jones coming out on top.

It wasnt until I played an online game with my colleague and his 8 year old son that I realised that people like Blizzardz might actually be little 8-12 year old kids. They use the exact kind of logic and language. "suck it" "butthurt" etc.

Cry me a river.

Much hespect. Gus fought an AMAZING fight, dude has heart, dude has a chin, dude has wrestling, striking.... I look forward to continuing to watch him improve.

205 just got real interesting.

Exactly, just another clown to be chalked up on the ignore list.

Best you're got, what did i say that was incorrect?, yes the truth hurts. Jones won.

Jones' success will not rub off on you fool. But be happy, now at least you saw your hero in a fight. The judges won it for him, but still no one can say he didn't do well.

F****ng pissed off at the flip-floppers on this site. It was disgusting how much Gus was disrespected on here. Bandwagons at their finest.

meh i wasn't counting him out, and was cheering for him.

But i wouldn't have been surprised if Jones beat him convincingly with some GNP.

You don't have to think somebody is going to win to cheer for them, or to be a fan.

I really, really want to see the rematch.

It has to happen, I wouldn't sweat it.

If thing play out right, then the UFC should make Glover vs DC for #1 contender and do the Gus/Jones rematch in January or so.

(assuming that DC beats Roy, which I think he will)

Man I want to see a rematch now, think Gus has his number next fight.

I always said Gus is extremely talented. I eat crow however: I said it would be a domination from Jones. I stand corrected.

I think Jones takes this more decisive in the rematch. He will come back with a strong game plan to neutralize Alex's boxing and wrestling.

Gus is pure class. He doesn't undermine Jones's victory, doesn't make excuses, doesn't cause controversy with his words or actions. He throws no minor jabs like "I was off my game," or "tonight didn't feel right," which is a deceptive backhanded way of devaluing the opponent's efforts. He just goes in and puts on a world-class performance, battering and arguably beating the official #1P4P fighter in the world. He neutralized one of Jones's greatest skillsets in stuffing 9/10 (or 11/12, depending who's counting the stats) of Jones's TDs. Meanwhile, his own skillset in boxing was on full display, and it looked like he was controlling Jones for the overwhelming majority of the fight. Fought a war on skill and heart, and remains classy the entire process. He is an example of what a championship material fighter is. A champion for the sport in character, that's for certain. Hats off to both Jones and Gustafsson for an incredible fight, but Gustafsson's character is honorable and he deserves utmost respect for the way he conducts himself, both inside and outside of the cage.

I always said Gus is extremely talented. I eat crow however: I said it would be a domination from Jones. I stand corrected.

It's posts like yours that keep me still on these boards - a tiny bit of humbleness instead of making myriads of excuses that end in childish ad hominem and strawman arguements that hold as much water as a paper bag.

I stated yesterday that we shouldn't be surprised if there was a new LHW champ, and it damned near happened. Mas props to BOTH fighters, as they exemplified the warrior spirit, heart and drive that makes one great at their art.

I'm looking forward to the rematch, no matter who comes out with the belt.

Back