Gus vs. Lil Nog/Rashad/Machida/Henderson

psyOPmma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How do you see these fights playing out? It's likely we can see any one of those soon. I really believe he beats any one of them, I thought Machida may be the most difficult because of styles but Gus has good speed, not as fast as Machida but he has the reach too. Opinoins?

He UD all of them, except for Rashad who he could probably finish in a 5 rounder.

Gus X Lil Nog (Split Decision win)
Gus X Shad (Unanimous Decision win)
Gus X Machida (Unamious/Split Decision loss)
Gus X Hendo (Unanimous Decision win)

I'd like to see him vs Lil Nog. That would be an interesting fight

Finishes Rashad and Lil Nog.
Decisions Hendo.
Loses decision to Machida.

Just my opinion doe.

If he fought Machida, it would be extremely controversial either way. Lil' Nog is the fight they'll most likely go with. Makes a lot of sense.

Gustafsson vs. Lil Nog is the fight they will end up going with. It could be fun stand up fight. Wouldn't mind seeing it main event a FUEL TV card in Sweden tbh. A 5 rounder would be intriguing.

Gustafsson vs. Lil Nog is the fight they will end up going with. It could be fun stand up fight. Wouldn't mind seeing it main event a FUEL TV card in Sweden tbh. A 5 rounder would be intriguing.

though it might be fun.. nog is way to slow to keep up with gus.. gus UD's him easily

Nice boxing match! I think that they are going to book Gus vs LilNog or Mousasi.

Do you imagine if Lil Nog wins that fight? It

I see him beating all of them. Including Machida. Gus striking is really good and his size would give him the advantage against Lyoto. Shad has the best shot to beat Gus.

Styles make fights and Jones isn

Against Lil Nog - Gus has had problems with people who can put straight punches in his face when he moves in to attack. That is excacly how Nog beat Rashad - just punch him whenever he came in. Though eventually I think that Alexander's athelticism and work-rate would out do him.

3j.gif

Against Lil Nog - Gus has had problems with people who can put straight punches in his face when he moves in to attack. That is excacly how Nog beat Rashad - just punch him whenever he came in. Though eventually I think that Alexander's athelticism and work-rate would out do him.

3j.gif

What's lil nog's reach? I doubt he'd keep Gustafsson at the end of his jab and straight.

I could see Nog giving him problem no question, and I think that is the fight the UFC will try and set up for him...that or Rashad/Sonnen winner.

Whoops nog. UD, maybe even finish. Splits with Shad. Splits with Chida. UDs Hendo.

Both the splits could go either way, in my opinion.

Gus Vs. Nogueira sounds like the best match up from that bunch.

Gus X Lil Nog (Split Decision win)
Gus X Shad (Unanimous Decision win)
Gus X Machida (Unamious/Split Decision loss)
Gus X Hendo (Unanimous Decision win)

Machida isnt beating Gus. The rest I agree

What's lil nog's reach? I doubt he'd keep Gustafsson at the end of his jab and straight.

It's 75.

However, that is when Gus is moving in to strike on the inside, so he's not using his reach to defeat his opponent. If Nog was to try that trick while on the outside, when Gus isn't attacking, I'm pretty sure it would be pretty ineffective.

It's 75.

However, that is when Gus is moving in to strike on the inside, so he's not using his reach to defeat his opponent. If Nog was to try that trick while on the outside, when Gus isn't attacking, I'm pretty sure it would be pretty ineffective.

That'd work on anybody if you think about it, their momentum is going forward, you could sidestep, either throw a left hook if its a right straight, or counter their jab with either right straight, left hook,right hook; any kind of body-shot would be acceptable as well.

Gus vs. Nog is the fight that should be made. Beating Rashad earns Nog a big fight even if he didn't do it in exciting fashion. Gus vs. Nog should be exciting though but I imagine Gus takes it.

I think Gus would tko them all in 5 rounds but hendo

Back