Gus vs. Lil Nog/Rashad/Machida/Henderson

All competitive fights IMO.

Rashad- I think Gus should be able to take this one, his tdd is very good. Rogerio was bale to out box Rashad, I dont see Gus having much problems.

Hendo- Only threat I see is the Hbomb

Machida- Standup fight.....Gus would be the one with the takedown threat. I see Gus winning by decision here and out pointing Machida. If Machida gets aggressive he fall right into Gus's power.....and Machida conservative approach would have more success, I just see Gus landing more.

Rogerio- This is the fight I want to see.....both guys have great boxing and it would come down to who gets the better of each other. No prediction here.

He'd beat Lil Nog easily

He'd have close fights with Hendo, Rashad and Lyoto

Gustafsson vs. Lil Nog is the fight they will end up going with. It could be fun stand up fight. Wouldn't mind seeing it main event a FUEL TV card in Sweden tbh. A 5 rounder would be intriguing.

Its the fight that makes the most sense right now. Would be very interesting over 5 rounds. They both have similar strengths and weaknesses.

I like how people actually pick "split decision" ... do you know that means that the judges are not agreeing?

So you are banking ... on judges making bad calls.

though it might be fun.. nog is way to slow to keep up with gus.. gus UD's him easily

He kept up with Rashad and outboxed him and Rashad has pretty good movement and hand speed. He would keep up.

Gus UD's Lil Nog most likely. He would have problems with his kicks and speed standing and Gus could take it to the ground to mix it up and keep Nog on the defensive. I don't see Nog subbing Gus unless he gets top position which I just don't see happening with Gus's tdd and footwork.

Gus would probably beat Rashad as well. I think Rashad's kick catching and double leg could be a problem but Lil Nog, Jones, and Machida showed if you pressure Rashad from range without over committing and keep your hips square when you're within TD range you can negate his wrestling. Rashad's wrestling is all in his timing and if you can disrupt that standing his wrestling isn't as effective. If he can't though Rashad has really good top control and I could see him getting a UD but I favor Gus by TKO/UD.

Gus/Machida would be a really fun fight to watch. Gus is quite bigger and has a great chin so Machida would have his hands full. Machida could probably beat any LHW if things go his way but I think Gus's kickboxing would beat Machida. Machida's legit losses came from getting hit by kickboxers like Jones and Shogun and Gus has already shown how he stacks up to them standing. This is probably the closest matchup of the four with Evans right behind him.

Gus/Henderson. Easiest fight for Gus. He's taller, longer, faster, and more mobile than Henderson. There is always the chance of an H bomb but Gus has a great chin to fall back on if it comes to that. I don't see either taking the other down and keeping them there.

Of all these fights I hope Gus/Nog happens most. Would be a great main event for a Sweden card and a really good matchup style wise. Machida has moved to MW and is fighting Tim Kennedy btw.

Lil-Nog by decision--he would simply outbox gus
Hendo by knockout--gus couldn't absorb hendo's right like he did shogun's and jones
Machida by decision
Gus over Rashad by decision

He beats Rashad convincingly. He destroys Hendo. He gets owned by Lyoto. Not sure about Nog.

Gus beats them all most likely in competitive fights except Lil Nog. I don't think he finishes any of them except Lil Nog.

I think he beats them all and decisions Lil Nog and Henderson, 50/50 on if he decisions or finishes Machida and 75/25 that he finishes/decisions Rashad.

Back