Gus Vs Jones Round per Round Stats **

Nice work, OP. Thanks for your hard work.

The hate you are getting is from people who don't like the natural conclusion from the numbers. They want to keep the argument as opinion-based as possible so they can insist Jones clearly won.

It was a great fight.

It also completely destroyed any faith I had in FightMetric.

So now op's stats are the right ones and fightmetrics is bullshit. Jones had more strikes, you dont win fights by the visible damage in the face. Otherwise gsp would have lost ot bj (1 fight)

Thanks Oscaraps. I was looking forward to seeing some alternate stats and wasn't too confident in the FM numbers. What counts as significant seems to be where the problem lies. So many of Jon's kicks were to break Alex's tempo and control distance and it's hard to call nearly every one significant, IMO.

Cool shit. Thanks for the time.

Good effort TS. I scored it 48-47 Gus personally but I could see it going either way, definitely not a robbery by any means.

So now op's stats are the right ones and fightmetrics is bullshit. Jones had more strikes, you dont win fights by the visible damage in the face. Otherwise gsp would have lost ot bj (1 fight)

what can i tell you man , go count how many punches gus threw and how many jones threw , i can tell you youll be surprised ... im open to discussion of any minute of the fight man

i said stats might be wrong man but def as lot closer than those bs fightmetric numbers

Good effort TS. I scored it 48-47 Gus personally but I could see it going either way, definitely not a robbery by any means.

thanks man , this is my opinion i feel gus won cuz like i said before, huge output of punches that actually landed , but it really was a close fight .

Thanks Oscaraps. I was looking forward to seeing some alternate stats and wasn't too confident in the FM numbers. What counts as significant seems to be where the problem lies. So many of Jon's kicks were to break Alex's tempo and control distance and it's hard to call nearly every one significant, IMO.

Cool shit. Thanks for the time.

np man , i really dont know how fm could mess those numbers so bad i really dont get it , the kicks were key for jones because they managed along with some gassing(alex) to slow down alex by the fourth specially those knee kicks which is what caused alex to get sloppy before the elbow. not every kick was significant by any means

Nice work, OP. Thanks for your hard work.

The hate you are getting is from people who don't like the natural conclusion from the numbers. They want to keep the argument as opinion-based as possible so they can insist Jones clearly won.

It was a great fight.

It also completely destroyed any faith I had in FightMetric.

fightmetric had very little credibility before and now its completely gone. this one is to big of a f u c k up to so bad you can call it shady

how many clean hard headkicks did Jones really land? Rogan was going crazy "another headkick!!! and another!!" but looked like most were blocked or gracing.

Dont know why dumb sherdoggers are whining about your post OP. It barely took 2 mins to read. tHANKS FOR THE EFFORT. This is the first time Leg kicks got such weight in a decision.

how many clean hard headkicks did Jones really land? Rogan was going crazy "another headkick!!! and another!!" but looked like most were blocked or gracing.

One or two, as I recall.
It was the same deal with the elbows, a large majority of them failed to land clean, but they looked flashy and cool, which clearly counts for a lot.

he landed several but like u said most were blocked however some still had an effect and tas why i counted em

One or two, as I recall.
It was the same deal with the elbows, a large majority of them failed to land clean, but they looked flashy and cool, which clearly counts for a lot.

this , it annoyed me how many missed flashy strikes from jones were counted

Fightmetrics stats are correct.

you already said my stats were wrong and i said possibly but they were a lot better than fm , so please kindly provide some insight as to why you think fm is so close to real stats..........btw im open for discussion on any minute of the fight ,otherwise just fuck off

Dont know why dumb sherdoggers are whining about your post OP. It barely took 2 mins to read. tHANKS FOR THE EFFORT. This is the first time Leg kicks got such weight in a decision.

thanks man! i agree my problem is with how much weight they had in this fight , i mean they were effective and did damage but by no means were shogun aldo or even barao kicks where they visibly crippled the opponent, i just fail to see how the kicks in this fight outweigh the punch output by gus

so in light of all the controversy of the fight , i decided to count the strikes (because i have no life while the girl takes over tv ) round per round . i also added some details, keep in my mind this isnt a "who won" discussion , these are just the stats i counted (might be completely wrong) , after watching the fight carefully( ive watched fight about 7 times) .
i counted all kicks for Jones because even when some were blocked you could tell it still had an effect. i did not count visibly blocked punches or missed elbows so here ya go guys :cool:

ROUND 1
FIGHTERS:Jones / Gus
Punches: 1 / 16
Kicks: 17 / 6
Elbows: 1 / 0
Take Downs: 0 / 1
TD attempts 0 / 1
*Jones almost seems shocked , also 1 highlight from gus,*which was the cut and then 2 for jones in between rounds

Just based on round 1, I already know your stats are wrong. Jones tried to takedown Alex and got stuffed in round 1.

Just based on round 1, I already know your stats are wrong. Jones tried to takedown Alex and got stuffed in round 1.

Dude all of his stats are basically wrong.
He's a gus fan. He's either miscounted or presented the numbers wrong.

Example the kicks.
Where exactly was jones kicking?

Or actual accuracy of strikes.
or type of strikes was it a jab, or a power uppercut
or where the strikes landed
stuff like that. I don't want to rewatch the fight again but if I have to I will.

I was 3 - 2 rounds. With this appreciation I got 4-1 round in favor of Gus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back