Gus Should Move to HW

TBF

qf0PO.jpg

Is that photoshopped?

That's more of a testament to arlovskis chin then anything else. That fight was weird. Rumble was able to break his jaw but not ko him. And like you said arlovski is usually thought of as glass chinned

I can see his style/ power/ speed winning him the title there. He kills Stipe.
Stipe would crush Gus. Most HWs could walk through his reach and knock him out cold. He doesn't have the power to hang with HWs so his counters and technical boxing won't translate.

Gus` reach is 81,5.

On topic, he was recently asked about this and he said he is too small for HW and does not have any plans to move up.
I think many fighters suffer from the same thing as fans in regards to weight classes. They make a big deal about weight in their head. It's more of a mental problem. Fighters also fear change. It doesn't surprise me at all to hear Gustafsson say that, since he's also repeatedly spoken about retirement, despite in my opinion only being a whisker away from being champion, a thing that'd earn him good money. I'm not denying that a weight advantage is a thing that matters; of course it is. I just think a bigger deal is made of it than exists in reality.

Interesting that his reach is 81.5. That makes sense when you consider how well he did against Jones. Why is it reported as 79 on many sites?

Lol, dude who can't even crack the top 3 at LHW is going to "kill" the HW champion, lmao.

He was ranked top2 at LHW for over a year (2013-2014).

Interesting that his reach is 81.5. That makes sense when you consider how well he did against Jones. Why is it reported as 79 on many sites?

I was slightly off. Anyway, nothing new about UFC using wrong stats.

He was ranked top2 at LHW for over a year (2013-2014).

We're talking about his current rank and how he would do if he moved up RIGHT NOW.

Takanori Gomi used to the number 1 LW. Could he move up and kill Robbie Lawler?

We're talking about his current rank and how he would do if he moved up RIGHT NOW.

Takanori Gomi used to the number 1 LW. Could he move up and kill Robbie Lawler?

Well, his position in a division has not changed much since then. Jones is out now, so most people would rank Gus top3 at LHW currently by ability. DC, Rumble, Gus.. Gus would probably be considered a favorite over, Glover, Bader etc.

Gus couldnt even handle Humbles power. He cant handle the powerful HWs who could actually KO glass jawed Arlovski. His speed is the only issue for them but his power wont be as effective.

He loses to at least half the top 10 and Reem, Fab and Stipe murk him easily.

I don't think anyone can handle his power tbh.

Maybe JDS, but his chin has to be close to dust by now.

He is basically hw who cuts to 205. It would be interesting to see him with that extra mass and power

mma_ufc_165_20130709_27640091.jpg

AR-150129916.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

29233.jpg

I think he would do well at HW, maybe top 5-10 somewhere.

Better to stay at LHW where he is top 5 and has a reasonable chance at the title.

Youre literally retarded.

Stipe, JDS, Cain, Reem, Rothwell do disgusting, savage things to him. 10% chance or lower of him beating any of those guys on his best night.

Werdum and Browne+ more probably handle him easily too.

I can't believe you made this thread and feel you should face some kind of criminal charges.

Mixed feelings...

He is a big guy and can improve on that frame of his.. if he is around 225 lbs on fight time in LHW he can easily become in HW with that frame of his a 245 lbs fighter and maybe even improve his power ? depends on how much speed he will lose and the cardio taxing.. but overall we are just speculating we need to see it happen.

As it stands he has good boxing and movement he would be a problem for a lot of HW's he can just decision them.

Also he doesn't kill Stipe.. they both have good boxing and I think Stipe is the harder hitter. Then again he is 20 or so lbs heavier to.

Maybe he also becomes like AJ and gets a power boost if he goes up in weight.. he does look like he makes 205 with some effort.

Gus couldnt even handle Humbles power. He cant handle the powerful HWs who could actually KO glass jawed Arlovski. His speed is the only issue for them but his power wont be as effective.

He loses to at least half the top 10 and Reem, Fab and Stipe murk him easily.

Hmh I do remember topics like "who has more power AJ or Hunt ?" do you ? and people were kinda split if not in favor of AJ at points.

Back