Gus has improved his wrestling with Phil Davis, why hasnt Phil improved his striking?

Phil doesn't have a good striking ofense but it's really hard to mount a decent offense against him on the feet.

Almost everything you post is negative about Rumble. Just because everybody doesn't nuthug Gus seems to get you all bunched up. And yes you should be banned.

Haha, yeah I'm the biggest trashtalker alive :icon_lol:

Well has anyone really come out of alliance as a good striker?

I don't understand.

Wrestling is a pretty basic skill and it's relatively easy to develop good defensive wrestling. Learning striking is a lot harder, requiring movement of the entire body while trying to hit a moving target. Notice how many wrestlers have become lethal punchers in the UFC, but when they face a technical striker then they are eaten alive. Davis has yet to develop to even being a competent puncher. Maybe he's scared of being hit.

Almost everything you post is negative about Rumble. Just because everybody doesn't nuthug Gus seems to get you all bunched up. And yes you should be banned.

Hahha this kid white knighting Rumble. He was arrested for being a wife beater and he spent most of his career fighting smaller guys. He's not a good guy and you're a fool to support him.

Honestly, his striking wasn't much better than these bikers.

You gotta be kidding. His striking actually looks decent here, crisp and powerful. The bikers looked sloppy and uncoordinated. So this video leads me to believe that Davis is great at striking objects or opponents who don't hit back, which means he's afraid of getting hit.

Jake Shields has trained with the Diaz brothers most of his career, some peoples body types just aren't very effective for smooth striking

Back