Guns...who's packin'?

Here's a pic of my MAADI AK-47 and my Mossberg 500 I recently picked up.

Paid $300 for the AK and $310 for the Mossberg.
21c4439b.jpg

Nice deal on the AK, I have the same one I believe.

Just picked this up a couple of days ago.

404174_10151123830485217_670280216_22290230_2050759964_n.jpg

Ima buy a 1911 in the next two weeks...not sure which one yet

I figure since I already own a Glock, I need another popularly argued about gun.

Ima buy a 1911 in the next two weeks...not sure which one yet

I figure since I already own a Glock, I need another popularly argued about gun.

STI, S&W, RIA, Ruger, SIG, SA, Kimber(though I hear reviewers their quality control has drastically declined of late), Colt(1911 production has come back and series 80s are still around), all have competitively priced models. Personally, I would avoid Para and go with an STI, S&W, SA, or SIG, but of course, that's a choice you'll have to make for yourself.

I'm sure you already know, but some don't: SA=Springfield Armory(I hear their 1911 quality control issues have been resolved).

I really want to go with a Dan Wesson or a Fusion but I will probably get a S&W E series. I have the money for the Dan Wesson or Fusion, just haven't been putting in enough range time to justify spending 1100-1800.

I think I can get the full size E series for under 800 which satisfy my 1911 need and then trade up when I start shooting more again. STI would probably be my second choice. I can get good deals on the sig tacpac but something about sig 1911's isn't right for me. It's not the extractor, since I am fine with the smith, just some weird offness to it.

I really want to go with a Dan Wesson or a Fusion but I will probably get a S&W E series. I have the money for the Dan Wesson or Fusion, just haven't been putting in enough range time to justify spending 1100-1800.

I think I can get the full size E series for under 800 which satisfy my 1911 need and then trade up when I start shooting more again. STI would probably be my second choice. I can get good deals on the sig tacpac but something about sig 1911's isn't right for me. It's not the extractor, since I am fine with the smith, just some weird offness to it.

The E Series are getting great reviews. My dad's looking for the SC E Series but cant find one anywhete. I know what you mean on the SIGs. If I wasn't a certified SIG nuthugger, I wouldn't give them a second look. But, they grew on me, especially this one(though it's still not quite right).
1911-Carry-Scorpion-detail-R.jpg

It's the horizontal lines on the slide and slide shape imo. It just makes it look too sig for me and not enough 1911.

I am just looking for the full size all steel e series, already have carry guns. I am going to have a look next week and see what I can scratch up.

We got a big local store here that is usually at the low end of prices you would find online.

That's what it is. The slide is too square.

I wish we had a big shop. The "big" shop here is still pretty weak. I get an LE discount, but there's not a big selection. They pretty much have the "mainstream" guns, if you will. I end up having to go to Tulsa for the huge gun show if I want something a little different, and that's a 3-4 hour drive and I have a V8. Not convenient at all.

I want a damn Coonan Classic. .357 Magnum 1911.
coonan1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess Sig is now making 1911's with a more traditional shape now. They also still offer the sig shaped ones. Weird.

They should just expand their lineup of p210's and forget about sig shaped 1911's

Yes... I am sure they could do that gun for 1200

As much of a fan as I am of .357 Magnum, my preferred flavour of "magnum" calibre 1911s, or semi auto designs for that matter, is 10 mm.

New purchase

They didn't have an e-series so I took it up a few notches

IMG_20120102_121455-1.jpg

Classy, it looks to have just enough "modern" 1911 features without departing too much from the A1s or having too much gaudy roll marks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back