Guns...who's packin'?

They're so strict on guns in Aus...

Big Brother thanks you for your participation in this thread.

Big Brother thanks you for your participation in this thread.

Yes, because the ATF carefully monitors Sherdog in an ongoing effort to stem the tide of poster on poster gun violence.

Add to the topic or scram, douche biggalo.

Anybody here carry one of these?
AA5799A6.jpg

Anybody here carry one of these?
AA5799A6.jpg

Looks like it's chambered in .22 LR, which is not only inadequate for self defense unless you had no other choice, that ancient phone should send up more red flags than a Maxpedition pack.

If you've absolutely got to have a "belt buckle" gun, might as well go with the .45-70 derringer. :icon_twis

As an Alaskan I can state with all assurance that we don't use them for survival.

We tend to just sic our polar bears on threats

From our igloos with a panoramic view of Russia

Thinking of buying some, not really sure how the process works in Canada. Can someone tell me about it?

Thinking of buying some, not really sure how the process works in Canada. Can someone tell me about it?

GettingLicensed

Basically you find an instructor who will teach you the firearms safety course and conduct a written and practical test (or you can challenge the tests yourself though I would advise against it if you didn't grow up around guns). After passing the tests and receiving the approved results from your provincial Chief Firearms Officer (CFO), you mail it to the licensing centre in Miramichi, NB. If you've indicated that you also want restricted conditions on your license, prepare to have a phone interview with the RCMP and have two references which will also be phoned (I think one has to be a spouse/common law partner and they will want to speak to exes if you lived together as well). After submitting all that, there's just a bunch of waiting.

To put the wait times into perspective, I took the safety course in April of this year and did not receive my (R)PAL until September, I've also heard of the process taking up to a whole year. If you want to talk about actually buying guns with your PAL, then I can discuss that in detail later as well.

Just picked up a 12gage pistol grip Mossberg 500 on black Friday. Came in an air tight tube with a survival kit.

Haven't shot her yet, but should be sometime soon.

GettingLicensed

Basically you find an instructor who will teach you the firearms safety course and conduct a written and practical test (or you can challenge the tests yourself though I would advise against it if you didn't grow up around guns). After passing the tests and receiving the approved results from your provincial Chief Firearms Officer (CFO), you mail it to the licensing centre in Miramichi, NB. If you've indicated that you also want restricted conditions on your license, prepare to have a phone interview with the RCMP and have two references which will also be phoned (I think one has to be a spouse/common law partner and they will want to speak to exes if you lived together as well). After submitting all that, there's just a bunch of waiting.

To put the wait times into perspective, I took the safety course in April of this year and did not receive my (R)PAL until September, I've also heard of the process taking up to a whole year. If you want to talk about actually buying guns with your PAL, then I can discuss that in detail later as well.
Good Lord. I walk into a gun shop and 10 minutes and 1 background check later I'm out the door with anything from pistol to an AR.

Just traded my G27 for this GSG-5 .22 and $120 on top. Can't wait to shoot it on Sunday, 500 rounds for like $15 bucks? Yessir. Need to order a couple spare mags for it.

IMAG0232.jpg

500 rounds for like $15 bucks? Yessir.

Jesus, that's cheap. Yesterday I picked up a 500 round brick of Winchester Super X .22LR, 40 grain, standard velocity, lead round nose and it still cost me $27. I guess I just have to accept that we get charged an arm and a testicle for everything up here, north of the 49.

Jesus, that's cheap. Yesterday I picked up a 500 round brick of Winchester Super X .22LR, 40 grain, standard velocity, lead round nose and it still cost me $27. I guess I just have to accept that we get charged an arm and a testicle for everything up here, north of the 49.
Yea around here at Walmart it's something like $20 after taxes for 500. Way better than the $28 out the door per 100 I pay for .40 S&W:icon_sad:

Yea around here at Walmart it's something like $20 after taxes for 500. Way better than the $28 out the door per 100 I pay for .40 S&W:icon_sad:

And $32 or so for .45acp ball. I'm not sure if I trust UMC JHP to expand either, and it's even more expensive.

Glad I can get 9mm cheap, 2 beasts to feed at the range can be a bitch. My range has crap ammo prices too, $40 for 50 .45acp FMJ reloads.

Here's a pic of my MAADI AK-47 and my Mossberg 500 I recently picked up.

Paid $300 for the AK and $310 for the Mossberg.
21c4439b.jpg

I've got a HK MR556 and HK 45c with a threaded barrel.

Later this year I'm eyeballing a 416 10.4" upper and a silencer for the .45.

Back