Gunnar Nelson taps The Mountain twice

I remember the story told of Paul Anderson who was one of the strongest men ever who was already squatting 900 over pounds in training in the 1950s before anyone used steroids he was in an airport one day and someone trust his hand at him and challenged them to a game of thumb wrestling and Anderson absent nindedly pulled wth his thumb not even seriously and dislocated the guy's thumb. Imagine grappling with a guy who weighs like 400 pounds and who can drive a nail through 2 wooden boards with his thumb and even his grip alone can probably damage you!

Hafthor is slimming down quite a bit for his match with Eddie. I think I read he’s at 350lbs. Considering just last year he was at 450 pounds for his deadlift record.

also will be interesting because Eddie has slimmed down significantly as well, I believe he’s around 360lbs.
Hafthor is having another exhibition soon too, I think may 28th.

LMFAO <Dany07>

This dude who has never grappled in his life, was able to "rear naked" Dustin poirer(he even admits it)....Dustin couldn't even perform a side choke on shaw because of how big he is lol.....So yeah, pure size was enough to beat UFC LW championship material

Dustin wasn’t trying to win in that video. There’s a couple times he gets to halfguard and then let’s him pass back into side control. He was clearly just letting him work

You are aware Gunnar is like 5 times better grappler than Conor is right?

I can see Gunnar finding out ways to choke out Mountain easily. Not sure about Conor at all.
Conor is a very good grappler outside the realm of top mma fighters. He’s more than capable of doing the same

Halfthor is in the best shape of his life with all that boxing training recently.

He also moves remarkably well for a guy that size. Very high level of athletic ability.

People wrongly equate strongmen with a general big/strong gym-goer. Legit elite level strongmen are an entity different breed. While a high level grappler is still very likely to get the better of them even if they’re dramatically smaller, it would still be a pretty uncomfortable experience overall. You would expect a guy like halfthor to be able to pickup enough technique reasonably quickly to start giving guys Nelson’s size major problems before too long.

And Gunnar has wins over Jeff Monson in grappling.
Yeah, arguably the biggest feather in his cap. Jeff couldn’t get anything going, and seemed to be somewhat gassed within the first 5 minutes.

Lol at everyone on Sherdog who was saying Thor could've destroyed Conor in that one training video

Size doesn't mean shit when you have 0 training

I think the mountain could literally rip Conor’s head off bud. His skull would be like a tennis ball in his hands.

I think the mountain could literally rip Conor’s head off bud. His skull would be like a tennis ball in his hands.
You can think that if you want... but anybody who trains has beaten way bigger untrained people in the gym easily, actually makes me sad how many of you don't know how effective BJJ is

Finally got around to watching this, that was relatively easy for Gunnar

LinearBonyKawala-size_restricted.gif

One of the most gruesome and unexpected things I've seen in cinema.

His hairline?

The Mountain is an average Sherdoggers coming from Reddit... Hasn't had time to get his 20 black belts yet...
This. His body fat is in the low teens probably, not sherdog level. Also he probably couldn't complete a triathlon like the average sherdogger

I get the feeling that any time he wanted Hafthor could have easily picked up Gunnar and slam him repeatedly on his head...

This is not a case of “plenty of big muscular guys get submitted all the time at bjj class by skilled opponents” ... this is one of the strongest men alive, at a body weight of 350 or more, who could easily pick Gunner up anytime from most positions and slam him full force on ground / wall / knee / random solid object.

They are crazy strong for human standard but it's not like they are a bear or a gorilla lol

You're underestimating them if you think a gorilla is much stronger than the top strongmen. Most gorilla strength are stories from randos and more myth than actual scientifically documented feats. Actual documented feats aren't really anything more impressive than what these guys can do.

Anyone who says that an mma fighter can beat someone like thor in a fight should also be able to stand by believing an mma figher would defeat a biteless gorilla in a fight.

You're underestimating them if you think a gorilla is much stronger than the top strongmen. Most gorilla strength are stories from randos and more myth than actual scientifically documented feats. Actual documented feats aren't really anything more impressive than what these guys can do.

Anyone who says that an mma fighter can beat someone like thor in a fight should also be able to stand by believing an mma figher would defeat a biteless gorilla in a fight.

lol the strongest strongman is like a 5 year old girl compared to a gorilla, even a flyweight chimp is way stronger than the strongest strongman. P4P humans are pathetically weak truth be told.

I can tap guys a belt or two above me due to my size, Weight and Strength advantage. I don’t like doing it tho as it does not do much to advance my jits skillset and allows bad habits to creep in.

Cool video I really like Gunnar.

I don't grapple but was a competitive lifter

They say a good 20-30lb in quality size can close the gap on someone a belt higher in bjj

Not sure how true that is, as I have only grappled a few times in a local mma gym

I remember being told off for using my weight and not breathing properly

Tbf it was mostly beginners and blue belts,nobody was too good,bar one of the blue belts and the purple belt (now brown) who ran the class

Nah, you could see The Mountain was going easy on him...he literally could have picked him up and slammed him. Was just being nice and respectful bc Gunnar is an expert grappler and nice person in general. That guy's too fucking big to play with. I think even DC would have a hard time grappling him

Back