Gunnar Nelson taps The Mountain twice

Lol at everyone on Sherdog who was saying Thor could've destroyed Conor in that one training video

Size doesn't mean shit when you have 0 training

Well to be fair, Gunner is a million times better than Conor on the ground and Thor has lost about 100lbs since then and is no where close to as strong as he was when competing

He didn't RNC but Dustin says "Im not protecting my neck here", aluding that Shaw can RNC if he knew....If shaw had any and I mean any knowledge, like a 1 demonstration of what an RNC is, he is choking out dustin.

techniques are effective. you teach someone those techniques then size starts to matter a lot more. shaw had some understanding of how to use his weight and to choke someone, thats all it takes. its no knock on dustin because shaw isn't really comparable to many other humans and trains like crazy on all the supplements.

i think the mountain had confidence going in against gunnar because hes out grappled black belts before with just using his size and strength. this video shows how good gunner is really. he has an amazing understanding of jiujitsu. to tap a guy like that can be really hard. weight classes for a reason. same reason i knew jake paul was dangerous. techniques works. you give it enough time your dangerous. you dont even have to be that great of an athlete when you fully understand the techniques.

The Mountain is an average Sherdoggers coming from Reddit... Hasn't had time to get his 20 black belts yet...
Correct.
When I see how sherdoggers respond on here it's obvious that they are likely built similar to the mountain...or bigger

Grappling is a little different. I’m somewhat smal but in high school I could submit people bigger than me as a white/yellow belt.
At the same time, I’m not sure if them being literal giants who are also strong men, or being a full-on black belt makes more of a difference in that though.

Dustin's also smaller and gave him the position but Nelson is obviously a higher level black belt (if Dustin even is one?) One of the few if only guys I've seen have any sort of success against Maia. Still got dominated but he had some slick reversals and survived some horrible positions.
Watch Shields vs Maia, bruv.
Much more competitive. I gotta rewatch that too.

I can tap guys a belt or two above me due to my size, Weight and Strength advantage. I don’t like doing it tho as it does not do much to advance my jits skillset and allows bad habits to creep in.

Cool video I really like Gunnar.

Shows you the level Maia is on. He made Gunnar look new.

Gunnar did a really interesting interview about that fight. Said it was like a out of body experience. Said he was not even there really but also said Maia would have still beat him even if he was at his best.

If you really think the mountain can beat up elite level pro mma fighters, like my post so I know you’re a dumbass

Gunnar did a really interesting interview about that fight. Said it was like a out of body experience. Said he was not even there really but also said Maia would have still beat him even if he was at his best.
I wonder if it was it was because he had never been handled like that on the ground before? Interesting, I’m going to track down the interview. Thanks!

I wonder if it was it was because he had never been handled like that on the ground before? Interesting, I’m going to track down the interview. Thanks!

I dunno he said his heart and mind was broken something along those lines.

Well to be fair, Gunner is a million times better than Conor on the ground and Thor has lost about 100lbs since then and is no where close to as strong as he was when competing
I miss the days when Gunnar and Conor were considered to be equals at their respective areas. That idea started to fall off after Conor KO’d Aldo and Nelson lost to Maia on the same card. I still like to think they’re at the overall same skill level- Conor a high to mid tier striker and Gunnar a high to mid tier grappler but both below average in the other area.

Lol at everyone on Sherdog who was saying Thor could've destroyed Conor in that one training video

Size doesn't mean shit when you have 0 training
Size does have some affect. If Conor tried that the Mountain would peel him off and slam him into the ground like a railroad spike.

Can't believe videos/comments about these type of videos still exist in 2021. I can see them existing in 2004 but still now?
If you have ANY questions about what would really happen in a fight, bjj match, or even a boxing match, well then you must be new to not just the sport, but reality.

Hafthor is slimming down quite a bit for his match with Eddie. I think I read he’s at 350lbs. Considering just last year he was at 450 pounds for his deadlift record.

also will be interesting because Eddie has slimmed down significantly as well, I believe he’s around 360lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back