Guillard wants to kill Varner

Originally Posted by Timurd123
I was leaning towards Varner before the weigh ins and dont get me wrong Melvin can screw this up at any point, but Varner wanted NOTHING to do with Melvin, NOTHING

He was noticeably shook and thats almost unheard of, I cant recall of many times a fighter is noticeably shook (even tho theres threads every weigh in)

He wasn't shook... He's got no time for Melvin's weigh in emotions. They are going to fight in 24 hours. Jamie knows this.

It amuses me sometimes when guys get extra heated or mouthy at weigh-ins and people say that the opponent looks weaker because he didn't raise his emotions to that same level. It's not that the one guy is afraid of the other in that moment. It's more of a case of "Really? You know we're going to fight tomorrow. I'll be there. We're going to fight... I promise that I know this."

I do believe Varner is more then capabale of taking down Melvin as long as he doesn't attempt to chain wrestle against the fence where I think Melvin has fairly good TDD and is super dangerous with his striking. When/if Varner gets Melvin down he will concentrate on control and picking his shots till Melvin gets panicked and leaves himself open to bigger shots and gets t(Ko)d. I just haven't seen the willingness to jump on subs from Varner when guys make mistakes. At least nothing like Cerrone, Miller, Lauzon, Clementi, Neer, etc. For the record I like both guys and think its a pick'em but if Varner wins it will likely be T(KO) or clear UD.

PS: Sorry about late response

Are you high???? Go watch Varner vs Benson Henderson.... it is a free fight you can watch on youtube. Varner was cruising in that fight until he fell into an unfortunate situation. Varner was wading in on Henderson and got hit with a knee that knocked the wind out of him and Benson jumped into a choke. The knee knocked the air out of his body and the choke prevented him from getting more oxygen into his body. A recipe for a submission if ever.

However, Melvin... isn't a better wrestler than Henderson... and his submission game is perhaps the worst at LW. Varner took Henderson down with an ease that I'd never seen anyone do against Henderson and no one has since.

Varner was beating Louzon until he gassed. That always sounds silly to say BUT Varner took that fight on short notice and wasn't fully conditioned.

Varner beats most LW's on a full camp. Melvin is mid level.

This is an easy win for Varner. Melvin's TDD isn't anywhere good enough to avoid the ground IF Varner wants to go there. That is a big IF because Varner has the better hands.

Are you high???? Go watch Varner vs Benson Henderson.... it is a free fight you can watch on youtube. Varner was cruising in that fight until he fell into an unfortunate situation. Varner was wading in on Henderson and got hit with a knee that knocked the wind out of him and Benson jumped into a choke. The knee knocked the air out of his body and the choke prevented him from getting more oxygen into his body. A recipe for a submission if ever.

However, Melvin... isn't a better wrestler than Henderson... and his submission game is perhaps the worst at LW. Varner took Henderson down with an ease that I'd never seen anyone do against Henderson and no one has since.

Varner was beating Louzon until he gassed. That always sounds silly to say BUT Varner took that fight on short notice and wasn't fully conditioned.

Varner beats most LW's on a full camp. Melvin is mid level.

This is an easy win for Varner. Melvin's TDD isn't anywhere good enough to avoid the ground IF Varner wants to go there. That is a big IF because Varner has the better hands.
You have bad reading comprehension, I said that he likely would take Melvin down in their fight I also said he has a huge chance of winning via positioning and T(KO). Yet all you talk about is the Henderson fight that Varner was winning on mainly striking and takedowns that didn't come from clinching against the cage for the most part and all ended in Ben getting up or submitting Varner. The closest Varner came to even attempting a submission was one headlock turned to a failed guillotine. All I said was Varner isn't going to sub Melvin which even with Melvin's defence is probably true.

Hoping Melvin knocks him out.

I'm tipping he gets subbed though.

Whenever Melvin acts like a tough guy he gets finished.

Varner by submission in the first round.

Melvin Guillard ‏@Young__Assassin

Class I have. Respect I have. Humble I am angry I am. Fight of the night it will be kotn it will be all for the FANS.

Why is he talking like Yoda?

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Guillard is going to KNOCK Varner out tomorrow night, I can GUARANTEE IT. Varner's eyes were so scared at the weigh ins.

Varner has never been knocked out in his career and he's a much more technical striker than Melvin... But you go on and GUARANTEE it...

Back