Guillard pink slip coming?

its not like hes getting dominated... he almost ko'd miller and cerrone before getting caught himself, and he did all the damage in the varner fight. sure varner won with takedowns but in the standup guillard dominated and hurt him constantly while avoiding pretty much 90% of the punches varner threw and getting up from every single takedown relatively quick. against lauzon he got fucked up obviously but those 2 fights were just shit gameplanning... he looked pretty good against a very underrated varner. give him 2 wins against top 30 lws and he'll be back smashing top 10s
Back smashing top 10's... when was he. He shows flashes of brilliance but overall is a major dissapointment.

Melvin is a very good fighter, I just think he made a mistake by switching over to Blackzillians. He was doing well with Jackson. If he loses 1 more I say cut him. I think the cut would motivate him to excel.

There's fighters on the roster who have done way more to deserve getting cut. Keep the guy around, acknowledge that he will never be a contender, and put him in matchups with other strikers so that you have a guaranteed slugfest on the card. He may not be the most well-rounded guy around, but he always comes to fight and has the ability to end someone's night with a single punch.

No reason to keep him. He's just a thug that continually gets his ass beat. He always talk tons of trash about his opponent & acts like a tool during the weigh ins.

Good riddance.

nice use of the universally accepted code word "thug"

He's normally in exciting fights and he's well known among even pretty casual MMA fans so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Those losses were to Lauzon, Miller, Cerrone, and Varner.

Cerrone and Miller are two of the best in the division and Lauzon and Varner are good fighters, He was competitive in all of those fights except Lauzon. He hurt Cerrone and Miller before they finished him and tonight's fight was pretty close.

Give him another chance.

I get the feeling he may cut to 145, I know he's huge, but I think he's going to try and sacrifice some size so his opponents don't have that strength+wrestling+grappling combination. I wonder if he beats Varner at Jacksons?

Back