GSP's Religion?

Gosh. This thread really is going places. lol

He believes that we live in a deterministic universe and that free will is an illusion, and he's right about both.

lmao

I quite enjoyed the JP random gifs.
giphy.gif

Do you have a link of scientists saying this?
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180605112057.htm

Here is something on the inaccuracies of radiocarbon dating that they use on for a timeline of dinosaurs. Lots of false and inaccurate readings happen. Lots of different factors can affect the surrounding areas where dinosaur bones are discovered. If a giant meteor/comet is the reason for the extinction the area where the dinosaur died would be affected and what ever caused the catastrophe would affect everything around that area and the whole planet. Extreme heats, fire all over the planet, volcanoes/lava, rocks flying all over the place from the impact, etc would all have an affect around the area where the dinosaur bones are discovered.

Lots of ancient cultures and civilizations have described dinosaur/dragon like creatures. Lots of theories of early man with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs may not be as old as people think they really are.

Here is something on the inaccuracies of radiocarbon dating that they use on for a timeline of dinosaurs. Lots of false and inaccurate readings happen. Lots of different factors can affect the surrounding areas where dinosaur bones are discovered. If a giant meteor/comet is the reason for the extinction the area where the dinosaur died would be affected and what ever caused the catastrophe would affect everything around that area and the whole planet. Extreme heats, fire all over the planet, volcanoes/lava, rocks flying all over the place from the impact, etc would all have an affect around the area where the dinosaur bones are discovered.

Lots of ancient cultures and civilizations have described dinosaur/dragon like creatures. Lots of theories of early man with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs may not be as old as people think they really are.
tenor.gif

This has to do with radiocarbon dating. Which doesn't work for dinosaur bones as no dinosaur bones contain c-14. Dinosaur bones to my recollection use isotopic dating. C-14 has a short shelf life. Something like 50,000 years.

I'm speaking on radiometric dating which includes isotopic dating. They don't use carbon dating for fossil bones older than the shelf life.

What the shit is this.
The dating they use isn't accurate. If you actually took the time to look it up you would know that. The radiocarbon dating they use have been proven to be inaccurate and that is what they use for the timeline of dinosaurs. So yes they could be completely wrong and they never say it's accurate. They only give estimates and they guess on the dates. That's not very reassuring. You also have to understand that theory of man walking with dinosaurs and ancient civilizations have described dinosaur/dragon like creatures. Dinosaurs may not be as old as people think they are. It's a common theory, just like the theory that dinosaurs are over 100 million years old is just another theory. They are both theories.

Oh Jurassic park. Ive never seen that movie ever. Not even on free tv. Same with Harry Potter , Lord of the rings. Star wars I've seen but never to completion. Too long.

This has to do with radiocarbon dating. Which doesn't work for dinosaur bones as no dinosaur bones contain c-14. Dinosaur bones to my recollection use isotopic dating. C-14 has a short shelf life. Something like 50,000 years.

I'm speaking on radiometric dating which includes isotopic dating. They don't use carbon dating for fossil bones older than the shelf life.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31534-1373301886-36.gif

The dating they use isn't accurate. If you actually took the time to look it up you would know that. The radiocarbon dating they use have been proven to be inaccurate and that is what they use for the timeline of dinosaurs. So yes they could be completely wrong and they never say it's accurate. They only give estimates and they guess on the dates. That's not very reassuring. You also have to understand that theory of man walking with dinosaurs and ancient civilizations have described dinosaur/dragon like creatures. Dinosaurs may not be as old as people think they are. It's a common theory, just like the theory that dinosaurs are over 100 million years old is just another theory. They are both theories.
They don't use radiocarbon dating for dinosaurs. They use radioisotopic dating.

I'm speaking on radiometric dating who includes isotopic dating. They don't use carbon dating for fossil bones older than the shelf life.
This is what they have been using and that's why they say it isn't accurate and there are many ways it gets false reading. Also the isotopic dating they use could be off too. Lot of factors can affect that as well. Depending on the conditions around the dinosaurs death and conditions on the planet afterwards would affect dinosaur bones. There are many theories on the true age of dinosaurs. I believed they lived millions of years ago but not as long as other suggest, but I also believe some survived and lived a lot earlier than that and early humans were around some of those surviving dinosaurs. Lots of ancient civilizations describe dinosaur/dragon like creatures so I am open to the possibility that dinosaurs or a surviving species of dinosaurs may have survived and were living around humans. If crocodiles/alligators were able to survive, others may have as well.

They don't use it on the bones, they use it on the rocks/fossils around the bones including isotopes. That's why it can be inaccurate.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/dinosaur-bone-age.htm
That link goes over the many ways they use for dating and the problems each of them present with finding a proper timeline. Many different things affect the accuracy of it.

This is what they have been using and that's why they say it isn't accurate and there are many ways it gets false reading. Also the isotopic dating they use could be off too. Lot of factors can affect that as well. Depending on the conditions around the dinosaurs death and conditions on the planet afterwards would affect dinosaur bones. There are many theories on the true age of dinosaurs. I believed they lived millions of years ago but not as long as other suggest, but I also believe some survived and lived a lot earlier than that and early humans were around some of those surviving dinosaurs. Lots of ancient civilizations describe dinosaur/dragon like creatures so I am open to the possibility that dinosaurs or a surviving species of dinosaurs may have survived and were living around humans. If crocodiles/alligators were able to survive, others may have as well.
Mate, there's no evidence they use c-14 dating for dinosaurs. It's pointless to use something that can only go back 50,000 years or so. Maybe they use it for fossils that they seem younger than 50,0000 years.

For something millions of years old, they use isotopic. It has a longer shelf. The isotopic dating they found in early moon rocks is consistent with the age of the earth and the moon. It's pretty reliable man. Never say never but I don't see you provided any evidence that radiometric dating is incorrect. Only that radiocarbon Data is incorrect and an article dealing with biblical artifacts. Not dinosaur bones. Biblical artifacts would be something they would use with carbon dating. It's fine there. Even with it's issues. It's not as accurate as a DNA test but it's not way off base either.

They don't use it on the bones, they use it on the rocks/fossils around the bones including isotopes. That's why it can be inaccurate.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/dinosaur-bone-age.htm
That link goes over the many ways they use for dating and the problems each of them present with finding a proper timeline. Many different things affect the accuracy of it.
So you're referring to relative dating I mentioned early. I don't see any issue with this. It's possible shit came from space that can fuck up shit but I think there's enough evidence on sedimentary rock studies and geological studies to show the discrepancies.

I'd agree that radiometric dating of any kind has it's limitations but I wouldn't say they way we've come to a conclusion is inaccurate in the way you think it is.

Back