• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP's IG post debated over by Mark Coleman, Alex Volk., and Gordon Ryan

Highway state-r here. No one knows how to use the highway and when you're used to a lot of traffic, people get very possessive about "their spot."

Ex.
A lot of the time, someone will be using the left lane, but not passing (for everyone who doesn't know, the left lane is not about speed, it's JUST passing. I don't care how fast you think you're going, if you can move right, you do so). And it doesn't matter what speed they're going, but just the act of passing them on the right is almost like a challenge or embarrassing them and they get real mad and start speeding up again to prove a point or even get in front of you.

It's like, people are fuckups and if your driving habits remind them that they are fuckups, their first reaction is to get mad at you

People who clogg up the left lane (passing lane for you people in the backwards countries) should be fucking flogged right next to the assholes that go way under the speed of traffic.

Jersey gets REAL bad some times. It's hard enough getting people to understand the left lane is for passing that no one will ever understand that EVERY lane is the passing lane to the one on it's right. It ends up so that the fastest lane is almost always the right lane with just a few stragglers in it, cuz drivers treat it like the uncool table at high school that you shouldn't sit at even when no one's there. One a 3 lane highway 20-30% of people are in the left lane and 60-70% are in the middle lane just splitting the traffic. It's fuckin awful. Stay right except to pass, it's not difficult! So frustrating. Ya just try to stay calm through it best ya can

It's definitely an 'in their car' thing, like you said. Something about being behind a wheel is like being behind a keyboard. People feel safe to just be dirtbags.
100%.
The problem for me is that it shows me how many people have that in their nature to behave like this. If that thing isn't in you to begin with then being in the car won't suddenly make you a piece of shit. Many people are just showing their true colors in the car. And of course I get mad as well sometimes, but even if someone makes a mistake on the road I just move on. People are just humans, for me it's not difficult to understand that sometimes I make some shitty move on the road by accident because maybe I'm in the new place and I don't know where to turn and so I go a bit slow etc. everybody has been there, why honk at someone, just overtake them and move on. But a lot people don't have this empathy. They expect others to be ok when they do stuff like that but when others do stuff like that they honk.
And honking doesn't mean necessarily that you are a piece of shit but it can mean you are just frustrated with things going in your life a bit too much.
I usually only honk when someone is dangerously driving around me or is just a some smart ass trying to do some smart ass thing on the road to save time and cut off others in the process. But even then I try not to because I feel just like GSP that it's just not worth it and not healthy for you to raise you r pulse on a dickhead like that :)

i only speed up if the guy is trying to pass me AND the guy in front of me at the same time. i dont want him to sandwich in between us if he cant pass both at the same time.

i love doing that, so they back off and retreat hehe.

Jersey gets REAL bad some times. . One a 3 lane highway 20-30% of people are in the left lane and 60-70% are in the middle lane just splitting the traffic. It's fuckin awful. Stay right except to pass, it's not difficult! So frustrating. Ya just try to stay calm through it best ya can

I like it.

You can't fight it.
You are way outnumbered.

Just go a little faster than the speed of traffic, read the road and time the openings. It's fun.

It's definitely an 'in their car' thing, like you said. Something about being behind a wheel is like being behind a keyboard. People feel safe to just be dirtbags.

Say that to my face bro!

Jersey gets REAL bad some times. It's hard enough getting people to understand the left lane is for passing that no one will ever understand that EVERY lane is the passing lane to the one on it's right. It ends up so that the fastest lane is almost always the right lane with just a few stragglers in it, cuz drivers treat it like the uncool table at high school that you shouldn't sit at even when no one's there. One a 3 lane highway 20-30% of people are in the left lane and 60-70% are in the middle lane just splitting the traffic. It's fuckin awful. Stay right except to pass, it's not difficult! So frustrating. Ya just try to stay calm through it best ya can

That might have used to be the case but the roads are overcrowded now. If you use your logic and most people stay in the rightmost lane most of the time there would be way more accidents of people trying to get onto the highway since there would be little space to merge in. The majority of cars would have to be merging from the right lane to the middle lane every single exit.

As I see it, the right lane in an overpopulated area (when there are at least 3 lanes) should be for people who plan to exit within 2 exits, or people who have to go very slow. That would decrease the amount of merging that people have to do.

That might have used to be the case but the roads are overcrowded now. If you use your logic and most people stay in the rightmost lane most of the time there would be way more accidents of people trying to get onto the highway since there would be little space to merge in. The majority of cars would have to be merging from the right lane to the middle lane every single exit.

As I see it, the right lane in an overpopulated area (when there are at least 3 lanes) should be for people who plan to exit within 2 exits, or people who have to go very slow. That would decrease the amount of merging that people have to do.
No there wouldn't. It's a very simple process. You stay right, and move left for congestion, speed up, pass, move back over, and reduce speed. That will make the most use of the road because everyone does end up in a queue inevitably, but it will end up having a proportional fit of the more left people are the more the rate of passing will work.

Highway state-r here. No one knows how to use the highway and when you're used to a lot of traffic, people get very possessive about "their spot."

Ex.
A lot of the time, someone will be using the left lane, but not passing (for everyone who doesn't know, the left lane is not about speed, it's JUST passing. I don't care how fast you think you're going, if you can move right, you do so). And it doesn't matter what speed they're going, but just the act of passing them on the right is almost like a challenge or embarrassing them and they get real mad and start speeding up again to prove a point or even get in front of you.

It's like, people are fuckups and if your driving habits remind them that they are fuckups, their first reaction is to get mad at you
You couldn’t be more right, also how fast can you chug a bottle of syrup?
1716829916728.jpeg

If you scroll down, you'd see comments from Johnny Walker, Alan Ngalani, and Sammy Hagar??

Hagar can't drive 55... so stay out of that motherfuckers way!

He's in an exclusive $1.3 million LaFerrari which goes 0–60 mph in under 2.6 seconds.

If you don't let him pass, you're getting a Caribbean spiced chicken taco with pineapple salsa thrown at your car and then a personal invite to the Cabo Wabo Cantina at the next stop light as an apology.

The red rocker does not fuck around!

Last edited:
Had a tuck come up behind me aggressively a couple months ago, I just got out of his way as soon as a I could. Of course I was thinking dude was a hot head in a hurry, well he was, he turned into the hospital at the next light. You just never know….
<seedat>
Whenever I see someone driving like maniac I think they are about to shit themselves and have to get to the bathroom ASAP.

Then all anger disappears.. we all been there buddy... hang on tight.

road rage really only exist then these western countries just got back from the Philippines and the driving was all give and take... you take some you give some...

Back